Received 5,482 Likes on 2,269 Posts

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
Basalt Black
gorgeous subtle color
Old 01-03-2017, 06:05 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,164 Likes on 503 Posts

Now here is something different, not posting about my car but someone else's.

The first car I knew about for the longest time. this is the first time a pic of it surfaced. It was mentioned in my very first post in this thread over 2 years ago, white on white. But I guess the final spec differs a bit from the initial order that I was told.

But a second car surfaced with the white interior. But with the white piping/stitching that was suppose to be on the first car.

I am guessing both cars belongs to the same person.

They should be part of the 4 car collection. Gonna try and find out more.
Attached Images   
The following users liked this post:
heshalosny (09-06-2023)
Old 01-03-2017, 08:19 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

And more information has surfaced. The 2nd car did not come out of Zuffenhausen like that, Masory did the aftermarket job. With ostrich leather for the centers.

So the first one white on white stays as the only car that came out of the factory with white leather.
Old 01-11-2017, 07:36 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Finally pics of my car with the HREs on.
Attached Images   
heshalosny (09-06-2023)
Old 01-12-2017, 10:35 AM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks Whoopsy, you just my day seeing pics of your 918 out in the winter - truly an everyday hypercar!
Old 01-12-2017, 03:44 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

How else to break in brand new winter tires?

Empty windy highway of course!
Attached Images    
heshalosny (09-06-2023)
Old 01-12-2017, 03:51 PM
HRE_Jurrian
Former Vendor

Received 27 Likes on 21 Posts

Finally pics of my car with the HREs on.
Old 01-12-2017, 05:08 PM
WheelsB
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 949 Likes on 479 Posts

Excellent Sir. Very excellent.

Wheels Boutique // 786 249 0127 // Sales@wheelsboutique.com
Follow us on YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique
Largest Dealer In The World for HRE Wheels, ANRKY Wheels, Vorsteiner Wheels & Aero, Akrapovic Exhaust, & iPE Exhaust
BBS, Forgeline, & TechArt Premium Dealer
Brembo / Rotiform / KW / H&R / Novitec / Brabus / Mansory and tons more...
Old 01-12-2017, 05:48 PM
neurotic
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 261 Posts

damn whoopsy....living my dream! i'd be afraid of driving it around in the winter and hitting a moose! drive carefully!
Old 01-12-2017, 05:51 PM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

How's the 918 handle the snow.. very rear biased I assume?.. do you try just electric mode in it to maintain traction and just hear the snow crunching under the tires?
Old 01-12-2017, 09:01 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CAlexio
How's the 918 handle the snow.. very rear biased I assume?.. do you try just electric mode in it to maintain traction and just hear the snow crunching under the tires?

It is very weird to say the least.

All depends on what mode the car is in, and what condition. There is no center diff to send extra power to the other axle.

Say the time when I was in Finland doing ice/snow driving. The throttle was pretty much mashed aggressively, and the car would engage all 4 wheels and the car behave pretty much like a AWD car when drifting. Sort of like how it is in a Turbo S.

But with a lighter throttle input, the front motor doesn't engage and it is basically a rear drive mid engine car.

On electric mode, it's actually harder to control the traction. The car starts off as RWD, but the instant torque of the electric motor means the rear will break traction quite easily, even when the throttle is not press hard enough to engage the front motor yet.

It's easier to control traction in Sports mode, only the engine drives the rear wheels initially, easier to balance the car that way. The front will engage and so will the rear e-motor once the throttle is pressed hard enough.

In Race mode it's basically the same, but the front and rear motor kicks in earlier to give power.

So basically at any given moment, one has to guess what the computer will do, it is the hardest car to drive at the traction limit. (On ice and snow the limit is quite low and can easily get to) But nothing else will provide a better feeling once one master the car that way. Boy there are no words to describe sliding and drifting the car around on ice at full throttle. It dances to throttle input, moving towards or away from the apex just from throttle.

Those who claim a P1 is harder to drive at the limit is full of BS. It is a conventional mid engine rear wheel drive car with too much power and too little rear tire, any pro or semi-pro can master it in no time. Same cannot be said for the 918.

As for today's drive, of course I didn't go all out like I did in Finland. But some corners that I know very very well and I had some fun when there was no traffic around.
Old 01-13-2017, 02:16 AM
CAlexio
Race Director

Received 1,963 Likes on 915 Posts

Very interesting thank you.. I've tried going through all the modes on road and track in 918, but of course never breaking traction or close to limit so the front-rear distribution of power was never apparent.. it was just.. intuitive/perfect. How fun to see how they designed in all those different modes to intervene.. enjoy.

Ps: p1 is a squiggly mess, maybe you're right but it sure FEELS like it wants to kill you even at moderate speeds
Old 01-13-2017, 07:51 AM
JarmoL
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Just wow.. it looks fantastic against white snow. Very well done sir!

PS. You seem to have so much more snow than we have at the moment..
Old 01-13-2017, 09:34 AM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 32 Posts

It is very weird to say the least.

All depends on what mode the car is in, and what condition. There is no center diff to send extra power to the other axle.

Say the time when I was in Finland doing ice/snow driving. The throttle was pretty much mashed aggressively, and the car would engage all 4 wheels and the car behave pretty much like a AWD car when drifting. Sort of like how it is in a Turbo S.

But with a lighter throttle input, the front motor doesn't engage and it is basically a rear drive mid engine car.

On electric mode, it's actually harder to control the traction. The car starts off as RWD, but the instant torque of the electric motor means the rear will break traction quite easily, even when the throttle is not press hard enough to engage the front motor yet.

It's easier to control traction in Sports mode, only the engine drives the rear wheels initially, easier to balance the car that way. The front will engage and so will the rear e-motor once the throttle is pressed hard enough.

In Race mode it's basically the same, but the front and rear motor kicks in earlier to give power.

So basically at any given moment, one has to guess what the computer will do, it is the hardest car to drive at the traction limit. (On ice and snow the limit is quite low and can easily get to) But nothing else will provide a better feeling once one master the car that way. Boy there are no words to describe sliding and drifting the car around on ice at full throttle. It dances to throttle input, moving towards or away from the apex just from throttle.

Those who claim a P1 is harder to drive at the limit is full of BS. It is a conventional mid engine rear wheel drive car with too much power and too little rear tire, any pro or semi-pro can master it in no time. Same cannot be said for the 918.

As for today's drive, of course I didn't go all out like I did in Finland. But some corners that I know very very well and I had some fun when there was no traffic around.
Nick,

Well done, my man
Old 01-13-2017, 01:50 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by CAlexio

Ps: p1 is a squiggly mess, maybe you're right but it sure FEELS like it wants to kill you even at moderate speeds

Take a drive in any of the high output 60s muscle cars, they all tried to kill you too. lol

Same principle, too much power too little tire.

But that's what make them 'fun' and 'exciting' to drive.

Quick Reply: My 918 or at least a report of it