CGT Prices - Page 4 - Rennlist Discussion Forums



CGT Prices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-15-2013, 11:37 PM   #46
mousecatcher
User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 96
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooty View Post
that can't be.
i guess if you exclude bay area?
top 2% here i would venture to guess over $5MM a year or maybe even $10MM? we have clients paying $1-3MM on income tax. i need a new job...
I don't think you understand how steep the inequality curve is. 1% is middle class. You're not "rich" until you're in the 0.1%.
mousecatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 10:03 PM   #47
TJF
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
TJF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: San Diego
Posts: 95
Default

The Carrera GT I believe is at bargain prices currently.

No other car can in this price range, can match its driving characteristics and its exotic construction. It's a piece of art!

The car after 10 years it still looks Cutting edge ,as if it roll off the assembly line today.

The next step up in exotic cars would have to be either that F40, F 50, Enzo's, F1.

These cars are in the million-dollar range currently, where you can now purchase a Carrera GT for $300 - $400,000, at half the price.

Now that's a bargain!
TJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 12:05 AM   #48
mousecatcher
User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 96
Default

For me, the CGT is the step up!
mousecatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 03:00 AM   #49
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
 
mooty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: san francisco
Posts: 33,984
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousecatcher View Post
I don't think you understand how steep the inequality curve is. 1% is middle class. You're not "rich" until you're in the 0.1%.


u are right!
mooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 04:25 AM   #50
elp_jc
User
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: El Paso, TX
Posts: 510
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousecatcher View Post
I don't think you understand how steep the inequality curve is. 1% is middle class. You're not "rich" until you're in the 0.1%.
The current definition of rich is being worth $5M or more. And top 1% 'middle class'? Do you know the definition of 'middle'? That level qualifies as very rich at least. And the top 0.1% filthy rich. That inequality means the middle class is disappearing, not that the middle class is rich now. VERY different .
elp_jc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 06:07 AM   #51
GreenLantern
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SFO, LAX, SJC, SNA, LAS, IAH, JFK
Posts: 2,698
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJF View Post
The next step up in exotic cars would have to be either that F40, F 50, Enzo's, F1.

These cars are in the million-dollar range currently, where you can now purchase a Carrera GT for $300 - $400,000, at half the price.

Now that's a bargain!
The Ferrari's you referenced are currently experiencing an unnatural hike in list prices, and sale prices. Bubble territory. Many of us are watching from the sidelines.

The McLaren F1? Oof, went from trading hands at ~$3.5m two to three years ago, to over $8m recently.

I've ridden enough investment bubbles to get goosebumps right now.

But yes, I agree that the CGT is an incredibly special car, and it will remain timeless.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 02:02 PM   #52
mousecatcher
User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 96
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
The current definition of rich is being worth $5M or more. And top 1% 'middle class'? Do you know the definition of 'middle'? That level qualifies as very rich at least. And the top 0.1% filthy rich. That inequality means the middle class is disappearing, not that the middle class is rich now. VERY different .
The 1% are definitely not "very rich". At 1% you might be able to swing a second house if you are stingy with your finances. It's merely comfortable, not rich. You can't retire early from your job or anything. You're one medical event from being wiped out.

It's obviously not mathematically middle but that's also obviously not the definition I mean because those guys (50%) are barely making ends meet, in fact they aren't quite.

Nobody with only $5MM in assets in the US considers themselves rich.
mousecatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:39 PM   #53
Drew_K
User
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 883
Default

I can't imagine the Paul Walker wreck having any effect on CGT prices because most people don't even know what it is. I have a GT3 and I've had 10+ people ask me about Walker wrecking in 'my' car. Most people just hear "Porsche GT" and equate GT to any Porsche GT in the name.
Drew_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:50 AM   #54
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist
Member
 
mooty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: san francisco
Posts: 33,984
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mousecatcher View Post
Nobody with only $5MM in assets in the US considers themselves rich.
now aint that tru
mooty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 07:47 AM   #55
P_collector
User
 
P_collector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 768
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJF View Post
The Carrera GT I believe is at bargain prices currently.

No other car can in this price range, can match its driving characteristics and its exotic construction. It's a piece of art!

The car after 10 years it still looks Cutting edge ,as if it roll off the assembly line today.

The next step up in exotic cars would have to be either that F40, F 50, Enzo's, F1.

These cars are in the million-dollar range currently, where you can now purchase a Carrera GT for $300 - $400,000, at half the price.

Now that's a bargain!
couldnt agree more..
P_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 12:34 PM   #56
JustinS
Super User
 
JustinS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 2,705
Default

Prices have really heated up over the last 6 months. I know of a 05 that just sold for close to $600k and there are others out there priced in the mid to high $500s.

What are others seeing and hearing?
Whats the time frame for $1M?
JustinS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 03:17 PM   #57
racer959
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
racer959's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 266
Default

I seen around $450k but never $500s or $600s.
racer959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 03:37 PM   #58
GreenLantern
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SFO, LAX, SJC, SNA, LAS, IAH, JFK
Posts: 2,698
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinS View Post
Prices have really heated up over the last 6 months. I know of a 05 that just sold for close to $600k and there are others out there priced in the mid to high $500s.

What are others seeing and hearing?
Whats the time frame for $1M?
This is formally called an investment bubble.

And is why I'm sitting on the sidelines, watching.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 03:52 PM   #59
JustinS
Super User
 
JustinS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: New York
Posts: 2,705
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
This is formally called an investment bubble.

And is why I'm sitting on the sidelines, watching.
Its just begun.
The CGT has been an undervalued car for way too long.
Buckle up!
JustinS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 03:54 PM   #60
GreenLantern
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: SFO, LAX, SJC, SNA, LAS, IAH, JFK
Posts: 2,698
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinS View Post
Its just begun.
The CGT has been an undervalued car for way too long.
Buckle up!
I agree it's been slightly devalued for a while, but it hasn't just begun. The supercar investment bubble started ~9 months ago, and has been growing dramatically.

I'm buckling up for the burst. Just as I have for the past couple recent investment bubbles. (No, I wasn't around for the tulip bubble. Thankfully.)
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Related Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is the Magnus Walker Limited edition steering wheel sold out? 964TURBOCHAS 911 Forum 34 12-08-2016 11:45 PM
Porsche acquitted in Paul Walker CGT crash Ronan Rennlist Canada 19 09-30-2016 04:01 PM
LA Sherriff's Report On Paul Walker, Roger Rodas CGT Accident jrgordonsenior Racing & Drivers Education Forum 20 01-28-2016 01:46 PM
M. Walker MOMO edition Noahs944 924/931/944/951/968 Forum 2 01-14-2016 09:48 AM
Paul Walker's Daughter Sues Porsche Speeds5 Racing & Drivers Education Forum 46 10-02-2015 01:07 PM


Tags
918, carrera, cgt, collect, copart, gt, noise, porsche, price, prices, rennlist, strange

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -3. The time now is 05:34 PM.


Copyright ę 1998 - 2017 Rennlist.com
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
What's your question?
Send