Sponsored by:

McLaren P1 Clocks 7:04 Ring Time

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 10:10 PM
Bob Rouleau

Still plays with cars.
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 256 Likes on 119 Posts

FWIW when I rode in a 918 at Barber, two laps was enough to bring the batteries to full charge after two laps on battery only. So with regenerative braking and some less than full throttle segments, it's possible that the batteries can recharge during a lap. What percentage of a lap at the 'ring is full throttle I wonder ...
Old 10-27-2013, 03:18 PM
Joe@Fabspeed
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 43 Likes on 19 Posts

As Nizer has said Porsche 918 should have a delete selection box so one can delete all the batteries and electric junk and save over 1100# 550kg

Now that would be really cool and should save $350K

As Kosmo said McLaren is not done yet and they are sandbagging
When it's time the P1 will be way under 7minutes

same deal with la Ferrrari

The good news is Ferrari, mclaren, Lamborghini are all focused on Elapsed times at the Ring and the videos and fun will be great entertainment for all car enthusiasts. As Buggy Bunny would say it's going to be WAR!

I take these Ring times as entertainment as these car factories can do anything to get low. Times as there can be special engines suspensions, cat bypass pipes, special tuning , race gas slick tires or special rubber and of course mandatory all out professional ring drivers

I hope you all had a great weekend
Old 10-28-2013, 10:01 AM
mtbscott
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Joe@Fabspeed
As Kosmo said McLaren is not done yet and they are sandbagging
When it's time the P1 will be way under 7minutes
I guess you know that McLaren had a press release last week announcing they had delivered the first customer P1, along with stating a lot of performance figures for acceleration and top speed. Noticeably absent was a 'Ring time. Maybe they've decided to stay out of that particular batteground, or maybe just being coy for now.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:57 AM
TAMAD
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mtbscott
I guess you know that McLaren had a press release last week announcing they had delivered the first customer P1, along with stating a lot of performance figures for acceleration and top speed. Noticeably absent was a 'Ring time. Maybe they've decided to stay out of that particular batteground, or maybe just being coy for now.
Sub 6:47 rumored ring time
Old 10-28-2013, 07:50 PM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Isnt ironic that these cars will go no where near a race track? Well maybe a parade lap

Quick Reply: McLaren P1 Clocks 7:04 Ring Time