Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

#875 WOW!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013 | 05:53 AM
Bayan
AutoX

Exclamation #875 WOW!!!

I just got CGT #875, a 2005 GT Silver & terracotta with 6000 miles with a new clutch. This car has already blown my mind. It's amazingly precise, raw, and visceral; i've never driven anything like it.

After a few days in it, I want to drive this as much as possible and put some miles on it! Since I spend a lot of time in downtown Seattle, WA, the low ride height has been difficult to work with when parking/pulling into alleys etc.

A few questions:

Has anyone here had experiences with hydraulic lift systems? Any recommendations?

I have XT seats, but I prefer a tighter fit for myself. Is there anyway to convert XT seats to standard? Or, does anyone want to trade seats?

From what I'm reading it seems for the 2005 CGT the seat height can be adjusted to a higher setting. How do you raise the seats?

I've heard about pinning up the pressure valves in the exhaust, but I haven't been able to find any details on this. Has anyone here done this?

Any sources for a maintenance and ODB II manuals?

What have you guys done to protect the carbon fiber from yellowing? While I was shopping I saw a couple CGTs that had bad yellowing in many areas. The one I ended up purchasing had very minimal yellowing and I'm thinking of having opticoat applied to the interior carbon fiber since opticoat is a UV blocker.

For the next couple weeks the CGT is at Metropolitan Detail getting a full detail & paint correction (though it was pretty clean to start with), 3m crystalline 90% vlt tint that looks like it's still un-tinted just for UV/heat protection, a full wrap with xpel ultimate so that every surface is protected from scratches since I'll be using it as a daily driver, and opticoat over the the whole film to help with UV blocking.

Here are a few pictures. I'll post more after the car is back from detailing/wrapping!

Bayan
Attached Images       
Old 09-02-2013 | 03:56 PM
Espen Olsen
6th Gear

Hello Bayan
Congratulations,Nice car!
I have a RUF liftsystem on my car,works exellent!

Lifts the front 45mm.
Regarding exhaustvalves,just disconect the electrical plug on the vacumvalve and
Plug it to a new dummyvalve next to it,to fool the system.
Done in 10 seconds!,Great soundimprovment!
Best regards
Espen
Old 09-02-2013 | 04:28 PM
Bayan
AutoX

Thanks Espen!
Do you have any pictures of where the plug/ connector is? Is there more than one to disconnect?

Bayan
Old 09-08-2013 | 03:37 PM
Stephen Pitts
Racer

Banyan, I use the kw lift system and its great. Second, my interior has more carbon finer than the normal interior -- the whole front plate where the stick shift and controls sits is carbon fiber. Now I had heard of the "yellowing" controversy -- mainly through a video by the VRAlexandra (the controversy surrounding him is well discussed here) -- and when I saw this effect, I honestly think it doesn't look bad at all. In a way, it's kinda of cool (have you seen it?). It's a very subtle tint. Anyhow, just my impression of the whole thing. Cheers, Steve
Old 09-11-2013 | 02:45 AM
Bayan
AutoX

Thanks Steve,
I decided to get the KW V3's with HLS 4 installed as well.

I agree with you on the carbon fiber as it currently looks on my car. On my car, which is a 2005, it's still a slight tint and it looks good, I just don't want further yellowing.
I say this because I saw a black 2004 CGT though that had severe yellowing on the doors a few weeks ago and it looked pretty bad and contrasted strongly against the door sills. Perhaps 2005 panels were better protected from UV compared to 2004, which is why it doesn't look as bad.

Best,
Bayan

Originally Posted by Stephen Pitts
Banyan, I use the kw lift system and its great. Second, my interior has more carbon finer than the normal interior -- the whole front plate where the stick shift and controls sits is carbon fiber. Now I had heard of the "yellowing" controversy -- mainly through a video by the VRAlexandra (the controversy surrounding him is well discussed here) -- and when I saw this effect, I honestly think it doesn't look bad at all. In a way, it's kinda of cool (have you seen it?). It's a very subtle tint. Anyhow, just my impression of the whole thing. Cheers, Steve
Old 09-11-2013 | 02:52 AM
Cuda911
Race Director

Holy macaroni!!! Fantastic car!!! Someone's livin' the great life!
Old 09-11-2013 | 03:05 AM
Bayan
AutoX

Originally Posted by Cuda911
Holy macaroni!!! Fantastic car!!! Someone's livin' the great life!
Thanks Cuda911,
Let me know when you're in Seattle!

Bayan
Old 09-11-2013 | 03:50 AM
Cuda911
Race Director

Originally Posted by Bayan
Thanks Cuda911,
Let me know when you're in Seattle!

Bayan
For a spin around the block in that, will get on Priceline right now! Now THAT"S what a supercar should look like!
Old 09-11-2013 | 09:27 AM
XR4Tim
Drifting

I'm pretty sure I parked in that exact parking lot in your second photo last time I was in Seattle. Very nice looking CGT!
Old 09-11-2013 | 09:44 AM
Stephen Pitts
Racer

Bayan, very interesting to know about the yellow staining potentially getting worse. That I didn't know!!

My CGT is No. 1124 (made 11/2005) and since I bought it a few months ago, I've put on 3,500 km and a lot of that in open sunshine. I haven't noticed any more "yellowing", but it would probably be gradual and therefore not immediately evident. All of your "silver" parts in your car's interior are naked carbon fiber in mine (to match the different red & black interior I guess). So the solution is that you put something called "opticoat" over it?

Second, I am also going to do my whole car in Suntek Ultimate (xpel is not available in Europe and there is a some disagreement over which is best) -- but my German installer is putting it on this winter by cutting by hand which he claims is better than pre-fitted sheets (its at the very margin).

Cheers,

Steve
Old 09-11-2013 | 09:45 AM
Stephen Pitts
Racer

By the way, silver was my first pick for the general colour until I saw the particularly interior that my previous Italian owner had put in (I like the extra thick big seats, btw) and then fell for the combination. But, wow, what a beautiful car you've got! I feel these cars just get under your skin and say "drive me, drive me."
Old 09-11-2013 | 09:49 AM
tripleblack
Racer

Congrats on a fine piece of machinery. Clutch aside, you probably know that your car also has a brand new set of sneakers. If interested, feel free to PM me for a piece of the ownership history of your car. She's a beauty.
Old 09-11-2013 | 12:29 PM
ECS Tuning
Former Vendor

Congratulations on a stunning car and welcome to rennlist. We can get you the service manuals or the KW lift if you haven't ordered it yet. For more information Click Here or feel free to PM me. Enjoy you have a stunning looking car
Old 09-15-2013 | 12:10 AM
TAMAD
Intermediate

WOW is right! Congrats! STUNNING combo, luv the terra-cotta ;0)
Old 09-16-2013 | 02:48 PM
Dino V
Three Wheelin'

congrats on the beautiful mean machine!

Quick Reply: #875 WOW!!!