The new C-GT values

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 08:47 PM
Polar Peter
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The new C-GT values

Is it just me or did the launch price for the 918 just bring the market price up again on the C-GT?
Old 03-24-2011, 11:38 PM
superquant
Rennlist Member

Received 58 Likes on 13 Posts

Whats your data?
Old 03-25-2011, 10:31 AM
Polar Peter
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by superquant
Whats your data?
Multiple dealers complaining they can't buy cars now for anything lower than what they sold them for a month ago!!

Last edited by Polar Peter; 03-25-2011 at 11:04 AM.
Old 03-25-2011, 07:49 PM
superquant
Rennlist Member

I hope you're right - I just dropped coin for a 2300mi CGT today and your comment pushed me over the edge.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:23 AM
M-M
Intermediate

My dealer told the same, CGT prices are going up! I think the prices are really low now when you compare it with the price of a new 458 that will drop much for sure meanwhile CGT only increases in value! Im glad i got mine in time
Old 03-26-2011, 09:35 AM
Polar Peter
Addict
Rennlist Member

I hope you're right - I just dropped coin for a 2300mi CGT today and your comment pushed me over the edge.
Congratulations!!
Old 03-27-2011, 02:41 PM
DontLift
Advanced

Received 77 Likes on 23 Posts

Does it really matter? I have never found anyone who wanted one with the means to acquire one not buy one - and care much about depreciation - these are ALL depreciating assets - if you buy one thinking they won't go down in price, I suspect that is poor judgement (and not generally consistent with someone who has the means to acquire one - let alone drive one).

Just saying....
Old 03-27-2011, 09:51 PM
Polar Peter
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by stef430
Does it really matter? I have never found anyone who wanted one with the means to acquire one not buy one - and care much about depreciation - these are ALL depreciating assets - if you buy one thinking they won't go down in price, I suspect that is poor judgement (and not generally consistent with someone who has the means to acquire one - let alone drive one).

Just saying....
How could I be ignorant, I thought this thing was a real homerun. I had it all worked out in my head... pay off my double wide and stop working night shift with all the money I was going to make. Is it really going to depreciate??? Maybe I should get out now before I really lose my shirt.

In the meantime, as a C-GT owner and a automotive enthusiast it's still interesting to watch how the market flucuates and what folks think. I find it certainly makes for good conversation that seems to bring out all sorts of opinions.
Old 03-27-2011, 10:45 PM
superquant
Rennlist Member

Personally I like to feel like I am getting a good value even with an expensive luxury item such as this. I don't think it ever feels nice to know you are going to lose real money on a purchase, it somehow taints the experience. I'm certainly not banking on appreciation and its not going to change my lifestyle if I lose another 30%+ on the car over the next few years, but there is a psychological benefit to feeling like you are getting value when you get into something like this.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:44 PM
M-M
Intermediate

Personally I like to feel like I am getting a good value even with an expensive luxury item such as this. I don't think it ever feels nice to know you are going to lose real money on a purchase, it somehow taints the experience. I'm certainly not banking on appreciation and its not going to change my lifestyle if I lose another 30%+ on the car over the next few years, but there is a psychological benefit to feeling like you are getting value when you get into something like this.
Normally your lose on most cars but i don't think its the case with CGT, it will go up in value for sure! I guess in 5 years you don´t find them under 400.000€ in Europe, thats why its feels nice to own one
Old 03-29-2011, 07:44 PM
NYC123
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I think overall values have been and will continue to be very stable. I think the biggest swing factors in CGT prices is simply if your are buying or selling at wholesale vs retail as there is always a big spread as dealers dont love to buy them for inventory. While I dont think CGT prices just "went up overnight" because of the 918 I do think that over time CGT will continue to hold up quite well because they priced the 918 so high. I do think that some people will end up buying a CGT for 350k who might of instead bought a 918 if it was priced 500k or less, but to answer the original question of the post no I dont think CGT prices are different today vs 3 weeks ago.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:41 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Saw this one for sale in Bend

http://www.carreramotors.com/vehicle...d-Oregon-97702
Old 04-06-2011, 10:11 AM
superquant
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by pdxjim
This car had significant front end work done due to a truck backing into it ..
Old 04-06-2011, 12:58 PM
porsche0nut
Race Car

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Sorry to go OT, quant, what's the "hidden message" in your avatar?

"superquant's first real supercar"?

Love the pic, congrats!
Old 04-06-2011, 06:33 PM
superquant
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by porsche0nut
Sorry to go OT, quant, what's the "hidden message" in your avatar?

"superquant's first real supercar"?

Love the pic, congrats!
Yes thats the message courtesy of 911SLOW who made that for me. Nice decryption!

And now you absolutely must tell me who the sweetie is in your avatar. And the number too if possible.

Quick Reply: The new C-GT values