Sponsored by:

Problem battery charger

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 03:36 AM
MikeGT
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Problem battery charger

What's with the battery charger connection in the glove box? I purchased the Porsche battery charger, but it's really difficult to get the plug to stay in the connection in the roof of the glove box (keeps falling out). I tried another Porsche charger (same model) and had the same problem. I also tried the charger in another CGT (no difference). To finally get it connected, I have to insert it very carefully but firmly (as it just seems to go in maybe 1/8"), then shut the glove box carefully. Then I check the light on the charger to see if it's charging.
Are other CGT owners having this problem? If not, what brand and model are you using?
Old 02-06-2011, 11:13 AM
stefan einz
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, I also find the connection a bit of a fiddle. The key is shutting the glovebox carefully and, as you say, checking the light on the charger. Once it is connected, however, and the door shut, I've never had it disconnect, which is the main thing.

Cheers
Old 02-07-2011, 11:05 AM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 344 Likes on 181 Posts

I bought the same charger and unfortunately, the combo of that charger/cgt doesn't work very well. I don't trust it. I have a charger lead hard wired to the battery and it comes out the right side air intake right above the battery. Forgot the brand of charger.

You might try finding some sort of "sleeve" that would extend the depth of the glove box connection.
Old 02-20-2011, 08:23 PM
MikeGT
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 19 Posts

I like the lead coming out of the air intake idea. That sounds like the best solution for me. Thanks.

Mike
Old 02-21-2011, 07:00 AM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 774 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by bbs993tt
I bought the same charger and unfortunately, the combo of that charger/cgt doesn't work very well. I don't trust it. I have a charger lead hard wired to the battery and it comes out the right side air intake right above the battery. Forgot the brand of charger.

You might try finding some sort of "sleeve" that would extend the depth of the glove box connection.
Hmmm...great idea. Pics?
Old 02-21-2011, 10:38 PM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 344 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally Posted by Jamie140
Hmmm...great idea. Pics?
traveling right now but will try to remember when I get home.

Quick Reply: Problem battery charger