Sponsored by:

Another bites the dust

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 08:10 PM
JJK78
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by reubenk
no, although that one looks fantastic. there were 2 others in my neighborhood black and silver. the guy with the black one sold it recently but I heard it went to KY. I wonder if it actually ended up at select?

mine is red. #689. carfax had it as 1 owner penn/nj car but was for sale in FL when I got it.
It is possible that it ended up at Select, I know the car was purchased from auction and the it is car #676. We actually had it at my shop to fix a faulty airbag/steering wheel clock spring for a few days and it is a GLORIOUS car. I hope that one day I may be fortunate enough to have one or even to drive one as it was ment to be driven!

So until that day comes all the glory I got was to move it around in the garage - BUT I STILL RECORDED IT FOR POSTERITY!!

Old 02-16-2012, 02:27 AM
Edgy01
Poseur
Rennlist Member

Received 235 Likes on 128 Posts

Keep in mind that when an insurance company quotes you a price they are legally obligated to that rate. They can't come back and hit you with a bigger figure when they finally wise up. It's the law. (Of course, after 12 months they will adjust it accordingly--and then nail you!)
Old 02-20-2012, 02:17 AM
Rushman71
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Edgy01
Keep in mind that when an insurance company quotes you a price they are legally obligated to that rate. They can't come back and hit you with a bigger figure when they finally wise up. It's the law. (Of course, after 12 months they will adjust it accordingly--and then nail you!)
All rates are tentative subject to underwriting. Material omissions by customers are also very common. People love to "forget" about that recent ticket they got that doesn't show up on their driving history or that recent accident that doesn't show up in Comprehensive Loss Underwriters Exchange database yet. Also, the majority of auto insurance policies now renew every 6 months and quotes are only good on the day they are given.

In fact, there is one insurance company (not going to name the one) that I am positive doesn't tell customers they discovered the customer's omission right from the beginning. They quote the customer a ridiculously low rate to lure them away from their present company. Shortly after the customer severs the connection, the error is "discovered" and the rate skyrockets and the customer is stuck at that point.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:04 AM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 79 Likes on 36 Posts

5 or 6 years ago, it was common for insurance company VIN decoders to mistake a Carrera GT for a Boxster. It was a flaw of omission by whomever wrote the algorithm. I went around and around with many carriers trying to find a quote that reflected reality. I ended up with about $2,500/yr as "show & display" coverage with a 4,000/yr mileage limit.
Old 03-02-2012, 10:10 AM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by enthusiast

Sad. We are talking about this on the 997 GT2/GT3 forum. Is it true, there are no spare monocoques available from Porsche AG if a damaged CGT needs one to be right again?

pathetic.

Quick Reply: Another bites the dust