Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

R.I.P. VRAlexander

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 12:32 AM
Doc GTO
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Apperently he had quite a bit of track time in the 996TT so he could get use to the power. I believe that he had over a 100 laps at Las Vegas and over 150 at Willow Springs. He also had over 100 runs at the drag strip in it.

Didn't know the guy at all but at least he "learned" his car to a high level to be a safer driver. Did he use it on the street??? Maybe not, but, I'm not one to judge as I have "played" before VERY late at night but we did make things very safe in very secluded areas with look outs armed with radios.

RIP.
Old 08-07-2010, 12:35 AM
fpb111
Rennlist Member

Received 95 Likes on 71 Posts

I did not know him. always sorry to lose an enthusiast.
Was this him at a track day?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7iUKaPlBl8
Old 08-14-2010, 09:00 PM
Parnelli
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

that guy drove like a complete *******. What a moron. Whatever u may think of the guy the fact is that our families are safer w/o him.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:04 PM
That Guy
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Anyone catch the C&D article this month?

http://www.caranddriver.com/features..._climb-feature

Talk about prime screenplay fodder... maybe a three-night Speed Chanel mini-series? What the hell, it's not like they spend too much time covering racing these days; might as well branch out into docudramas.
Old 10-18-2010, 04:14 PM
aj986s
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by That Guy
http://www.caranddriver.com/features..._climb-feature

Talk about prime screenplay fodder... maybe a three-night Speed Chanel mini-series? What the hell, it's not like they spend too much time covering racing these days; might as well branch out into docudramas.
Saw it. Interesting that he never actually owned any of the cars he'd been driving. I need to work on that skill.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:12 PM
87 944 C
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i knew him, and all i've read here is disrespect. you guy's are a bunch of hypocrites. you all own cars capable of going 130+...like you've never done it. show some respect. he died on a closed course, at least responsible for the most part. 3 pages here of nothing but disrespect for the guy, yet l4p has close to 20pages of nothing but respect. he wasn't a con artist. what he did for a living idk, i never asked, it wasn't my business...nor any of yours.

omg, terrorizing LA/LV...cause you know a gt reving is really bad. and so what if he goes over the speed limit on a highway. i wouldn't care if your kids got hit by a car b/c they're playing in the middle of the highway, that just says bad parenting.

this is the only forum i've read where he gets bashed...amazing, sounds like jelousy

i realize rennlist doesn't condone street racing, but o well, it happens, shut up and show some respect.
Old 10-20-2010, 10:32 PM
Bruce P
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey 87 944 C--- I usually do a lot more lurking here on RL than posting but your post really angered me to have to respond. My respect for someone is something that is earned by how they live their life not something that is automatically extended just because thay happen to pass away. I think you will find a thread on Fchat that also discusses your friends "shortcomings" so no, this is not the only place. I could let all the above slide until you made the comment about not caring if one of our kids were killed. That is way over the line. I care about all living things and I care that your friend met his end early but do I respect him?---- probably not. Do I respect you?--- absolutely not. You have a lot to learn in life my friend --- and one of them is you do not post on an internet forum that you don't care if someone's kid is killed in a automotive accident. I'm done--- have a good life.
Old 10-20-2010, 11:06 PM
87 944 C
Drifting

read the whole thing...he speeds on highways. if your kid is killed b/c he/she is literally playing the middle of the highway, sad; yes. but stupidity does play a roll in someone survival.

as for posting: if you don't respect someone, and they die, don't post negativity...just ignore it and keep it to yourself. you wouldn't go to this guys funeral if you didn't like him. so why on the internet would you(not you in particular) be so negative? he mustn't have been too bad of a person if he was engaged to the granddaughter of Lear.

what if his family or someone close to him reads this?

Bruce: you don't know me, i don't know you. don't tell me how much i still have to learn in life. i'm 23, yea young. but i probably have gone through more than most people on this site. if you had 10 operations and over 20 procedures by the time you were 10 just to be alive, then you may be close. if you've had 8 friends die when you were in High school, 2 more since then, then closer...i know i'll have a good life, i go after everything i want, and 99% of the time i get it
Old 10-24-2010, 05:45 AM
Rennphile
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Bruce P
Hey 87 944 C--- I usually do a lot more lurking here on RL than posting but your post really angered me to have to respond. My respect for someone is something that is earned by how they live their life not something that is automatically extended just because thay happen to pass away. I think you will find a thread on Fchat that also discusses your friends "shortcomings" so no, this is not the only place. I could let all the above slide until you made the comment about not caring if one of our kids were killed. That is way over the line. I care about all living things and I care that your friend met his end early but do I respect him?---- probably not. Do I respect you?--- absolutely not. You have a lot to learn in life my friend --- and one of them is you do not post on an internet forum that you don't care if someone's kid is killed in a automotive accident. I'm done--- have a good life.
+1.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:43 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,116 Likes on 798 Posts

944C you are young and a fricken idiot ! .. and as Bruce pointed out i too rarely respond like this .. but your comments are those of a complete moron ..
Old 10-27-2010, 04:01 PM
Wilder
Rennlist Member

Received 5,011 Likes on 1,778 Posts

944C: Sometimes it's best to listen. Your ignorance and immaturity shows on your posts. Your age is no excuse. There are people your age who display a much higher degree of common sense. Having a difficult childhood is no fun but it is presumptuous to assume you're alone. Sorry.

I never knew the man but multiple allegations of seven-figure fraud notwithstanding, I did see some of his videos. Some showed a total lack of driving skill (drive by's on a tunnel where he nearly lost control of the GT due to poor line) and others his absolute and total disregard for others (revving the GT with tubi to WOT for the sole purpose of scaring passers by and having a laugh at their expense). Some were so awful and got so much backfire that he took them down (including those I reference). Only an immature and impressionable lemming could be impressed by, defend or purport to respect such actions.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:20 PM
droy3
Instructor

Originally Posted by Avid Fan
944C: Sometimes it's best to listen. Your ignorance and immaturity shows on your posts. Your age is no excuse. There are people your age who display a much higher degree of common sense. Having a difficult childhood is no fun but it is presumptuous to assume you're alone. Sorry.

I never knew the man but multiple allegations of seven-figure fraud notwithstanding, I did see some of his videos. Some showed a total lack of driving skill (drive by's on a tunnel where he nearly lost control of the GT due to poor line) and others his absolute and total disregard for others (revving the GT with tubi to WOT for the sole purpose of scaring passers by and having a laugh at their expense). Some were so awful and got so much backfire that he took them down (including those I reference). Only an immature and impressionable lemming could be impressed by, defend or purport to respect such actions.
Well said...
Old 11-02-2010, 04:57 AM
jtpsocal
Instructor

87 944 C - Wait til you lose w few hundred k or a few million (assuming you ever get there) to a character like VR - you might change your tune.

Caveat Emptor
Old 11-05-2010, 11:00 AM
kosmo
Race Director

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

944C I'm sorry you got voted off "Dancing w/ the Stars."
Old 11-05-2010, 05:32 PM
odurandina
Team Owner

Location: one thousand, five hundred miles north of Ft. Lauderdale for the summer.
Received 212 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by Giovanni

Yeap, a lot of peopled bashed him on Off Topic because of his videos on youtube.

1. The guy is dead. Leave him alone. When he was alive nobody dared to tell him anything.
2. This is a Porsche site. If you own a Porsche or any other car and you never drove your car slighlty the way he did then I feel very sorry for you. Really...
3. You probably jealous you don't have a Carrera GT.

Live and let live. And I am putting myself in other people shoes. i.e. pedestrians. Shoot, seeing a guy driving the way he was driving - in total control of the car - that would have made me happy. If I was sitting at the table when he revved the engine, dude, I would applaud him and ask for a burnout. I guess its just me though, a proud member of Rennlist, a sportscar online community.

+ 1,000,000.....

i have driven a bit too fast before. i tried to make sure i did it in very selective places and times in areas in the midwest where there was no one around. i took tons of crap for it, and some was maybe deserved...

VR did it quite a bit worse on the secondary ROADWAYS in front of the camera for everyone to see.

he was obviously an attention ***** who was fun to be around — (but with a darker side) ? i hope the bad stuff isn't true....

often, the same people who throw mud whenever someone mentions breaking the speed limit, turn around and talk about heading over to Germany and "opening-it-up" on the Autobahn. i get a real "lol" out of that. i tend to think there's "more" going on with personal agendas when it comes to the mudslinging — than genine horror about people's occasional driving exploits...

the REAL danger on the secondary roads and on the highways is that 80 % of the drivers ARE by rational, critical standards, UNFIT for the real task of driving.... drunk driving, lane-violations, or poor drivers far-exceeding the driving conditions in traffic are almost always the cause.... even Jeb Bush admitted as much, (when he was governor), that with better driving, the speeds could be increased significantly on Florida highways, with the result being net, increased traffic capacity.

to the all-time, greatest P-car attention ***** — peace.

Quick Reply: R.I.P. VRAlexander