Porsche Supercars Carrera GT, 918,960
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CGT question from Newb owner

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2009 | 12:17 AM
xeviuus
Track Day

i only put clear bra on the cars that i track. otherwise i leave as is. to me it's not as shiny with clear bra.
Old 11-19-2009 | 03:57 PM
Rob Wolford
Rennlist Member

Guys,

Just to bring closure here, I had a pretty thorough clear bra installed by Sean Heiland at Ultimate Shield (www.UltimateShield.com) in Orange, CA.

I had used Sean before and was quite satisfied with his work. On the CGT, we did the full hood & front bumper, doors, rockers, quarters. etc.

His work is impeccible and I was quite satisfied. If any of you need his services, he can be reached @ (714) 412-4851.

Now I've got bigger problems unfortunately!!!!

I am having a pool installed in my back yard and 3 days ago the crew just dumped a huge pile of sand & aggregate in my driveway right behind..... you guessed it, the CGT's stall!!!! I'm grounded til my driveway gets cleared out!!!

Oh well, I will have to make do with pouring a good glass of wine and just going out to the garage to stare at the beast every night!!!
Attached Images      
Old 11-19-2009 | 06:20 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Wow! Your garage is ultra cool!

I had my black cgt 100% covered, but opted not to bother with the gt silver one.
Old 12-18-2009 | 12:51 PM
switchcars
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Rob Wolford
Greetings to All,

After a long strange journey that took me from a 993tt to a Ruf RTurbo 500 to a Stradale to a GT2 (with many others along the way!!!), I finally sacked up and bought a CGT. #306, silver/ascot, 2.9K miles, cherry condition, etc.

The car has a partial clearbra (1/2 hood, front bumper & mirrors), but I am worried about rock damage to the doors & fenders.

Is the consensus to clear bra the doors and rear fenders or to use the mesh grills that are available for the openings behind the front wheels? Both???

Any guidance would be most appreciated. Best regards to all!

Rob
Rob....looking at your owned/incoming list, you and I have the exact same taste in cars. If you tell me you love the F50 I'll swear you're my brother from another mother.

Originally Posted by PogueMoHone
I covered every inch of the car...and I didn't use Premier!!!!
Covering the entire car is WELL worth it. It's actually easier to maintain as well (especially on a black car).
Out of curiosity....why didn't you use Premier? Aren't they supposed to be the best?

Old 12-27-2009 | 05:20 PM
Rob Wolford
Rennlist Member

Doug,

Brilliant minds think alike!!! I plan on reacquiring a few of my old flames as well!

Re using Sean vs. Dave, they are both outstanding. Sean is just a little more convenient for me and has done quite a bit of work for me over the years. I don't think one can go wrong with either Sean or Dave.

Rob

Quick Reply: CGT question from Newb owner