Current C-GT market

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 02:31 PM
JasonAndreas
Technical Guru
Rennlist Member

Received 112 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by That Guy
Even the ridiculously-priced Zondas, K/egg's, etc. use metal framework of some sort
The CGT is not entirely different; it has a steel tube inside the A-pillar and (splitting hairs) the engine frame uses aluminum honeycomb.
Old 11-29-2009, 02:44 PM
richk
Drifting

Received 883 Likes on 366 Posts

The scud is easier to drive fast...they are both outstanding vehicles!!! The shifting on the scud is something very special and neck snapping fast. For most of us on this site the CGT is automotive nirvana. Just the bark of the motor when the car starts gives you an idea of what you are in for.
Old 12-15-2009, 07:10 PM
racer959
Rennlist Member

Received 334 Likes on 165 Posts

A quick question for the guys who once owned a CGT. Sold it, and then went to a scud. Then realized that they wanted to go back to a CGT. What is the difference in the 2 vehicles, as far as power, reliability, and just overall?
Old 12-15-2009, 11:52 PM
h20skier
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by racer959
A quick question for the guys who once owned a CGT. Sold it, and then went to a scud. Then realized that they wanted to go back to a CGT. What is the difference in the 2 vehicles, as far as power, reliability, and just overall?
The Scud is much easier to get the power down. The CGT has crazy power and you need to respect it every second. I've driven a lot more miles in my Scud than my CGT but will say it will take a lot of wheel time before I'm even close to as comfortable as I am in the Scud. While the CGT's are very expensive to repair I'd almost have to assume it will have the typical Porsche reliability.

I would say the Scud will cost a lot less to maintain over a 4 year period. The Scud is easier around town. Both have the same racerboys and picture taking problems. Almost Identical. The CGT seems a lot lower even with my Scud down from factory ride height. Cruising along in the 60-100mph the CGT seems to be smoother. Both have crappy radios with the CGT getting the nod but my Scud has a great aftermarket system that you can't do in the CGT because of the radio location.

My largest complaint of the CGT is you can't travel with it very easily. Almost no space for you and the wife to throw a weekends worth of underwear in and also have room for a toothbrush. It's worst than most Lambo's. The Scud on the other hand has room for two large bags up front and plenty of room behind the two seats for anything else you require.
Old 12-16-2009, 11:04 PM
racer959
Rennlist Member

Received 334 Likes on 165 Posts
Smile

Why do you say a Scud is less to maintain, I would think the CGT is more reliable. What would go wrong with it if you don't abuse it. Thanks for the reply.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:05 AM
h20skier
Instructor

Scud's all still have Warranty. Very big factor. Most CGT's if not all are finally done with their Warranties. As surprising as it sounds I believe the CGT repairs are more. 4 year service alone is 6k-7k. Clutches over 20k. Porsche knows they have a captive audience and it's the only low production car they have ever made. Almost 1300 when the ugly 4 door Pan has just shipped it's 10,000th already. So they jack the prices on parts. Scuds share some 430 stuff and also have typical 430 maintenance. In the end Scuds will be cheaper all the way around. Less money to purchase and less money to maintain. I hope my Scud will be the 1k Fluid change yearly.
Old 12-17-2009, 01:04 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

My CGT is still under warranty!

Owning both the F-car and Porsche, I can tell you there is no comparison between the two.

The quality and solidity of the C-GT is beyond compare.. I think the Ferrari seriously lacks the ability to inspire confidence with regards to its durability, even though the reliability (of each) has been spotless.

It is better to compare a Scud to the GT2; and the C-GT to an Enzo. I have friends with Scuds who lust after the C-GT, but they missed the opportunity to get what they wanted..and too many have dubious history, so finding a used one owner car is quite the effort and it needs to come with a verifiable pedigree! Beware the "cheap" cars..there is usually a reason, starting with multiple owners!

The F458 version of the Scud will further obsolete the current one, but there is nothing to compete with the C-GT on the horizon. So $ wise the current C-GT is a much wiser "judicious" purchase. Recent wholesale numbers show the Scud selling about $100K under MSRP (pity the poor sod who paid over MSRP)

Bias declared..overall Ferrari fails to inspire me the way Porsche does!
Old 12-18-2009, 05:43 AM
richk
Drifting

I sold my scuderia with 4400 miles...I drove it like I stole it from day one and never had a single issue. For me the scuderia and the CGT were amazing ownership experiences and I will own both again!!! The scuderia has so much F1 technology built in it is hard to fault the car.

I am in the market for a black CGT so please send any leads my way(would probably also consider red and yellow)...just missed a 2100 mile car in Ohio!!!
Old 12-18-2009, 04:23 PM
zed996tt
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Black CGT.
http://deserteuropean.com/details.ht...-19I1259592142
Old 12-18-2009, 07:14 PM
themarsman
Racer

Originally Posted by zed996tt
If anyone is thinking about buying this car have it checked out! On The picture of the instrument panel it shows Traction Control Failure!
Old 12-18-2009, 09:10 PM
TimF40
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by themarsman
If anyone is thinking about buying this car have it checked out! On The picture of the instrument panel it shows Traction Control Failure!
Hah! You're right! What were they thinking posting that picture... - Tim
Old 12-19-2009, 06:26 AM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 805 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by themarsman
That warning comes up also as a result of a low battery.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:18 AM
richk
Drifting

Going to look at it tomorrow...mileage is a litle higher than I like but it is supposedly a one owner very clean car.

Quick Reply: Current C-GT market