Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carrera GT 1st service @ 4 years ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2009, 09:26 PM
Jamie140
Nordschleife Master

Received 789 Likes on 365 Posts

Nice to see the CGT benefits from typical Porsche construction.
Old 07-12-2009, 12:16 PM
eloyex
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

c'mon .... we taking about valves ...

this is not a tire, a piece of rubber, or a chainlink under tension ..
i am not mechanical engineer, but have many different machines under my care,
(diesel, cars, trucks, forklifts, generators and so ...) and i would say that this is a problem of operating hours, not time.

If you use your car once in a while, and all is working fine, i WOULD never allow to open a factory adjusted-new engine for this kind of ajustment ... My 993 also see few miles, like 1000 a year pehaps, and i NEVER have opened the engine for an adjustment as is running perfectly fine .. !!!

If ok, dont touch it !!!
just regular fluids maintenance ... !!

However, if you NEVER use your car, and NEVER means months and months , some inner parts may get stuck or rusted or similar issues, but i dont think this is the case ...

just my 2 cents ..
sorry my poor english ..

eloy
miami

Old 01-04-2010, 01:32 AM
StoryBook
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had my CGT in for its 4 yr major last fall and the valve adjustment was specifically "not" recommended at that time for my particular car. 05', No 740 with 7100 miles. The total cost came to around 6-7k including the brake fluid flush. I inquired about the cost of a new clutch at that time. Everyone sitting down??? 20k PLUS!
Old 01-04-2010, 02:33 AM
bojali
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

A 04, is 6 years old, if this is a 1+n owner car, what service did they do? The maintenance manual gives times and mileages for not driven cars much. And the 4,8,12 year service is not based on mileage, like most normal cars that we drive. Also read the Product Information book,. page 71 It can give some data on maintenance. if your car is driven less than 9K miles a year.. .

When or if, did the tires get replaced? Simple rule with garage queens and trailers, is every 4 years change them no matter what they look like.. If they are the originals (based on the mileage) they are probably Fred Flintstones Stone Blues. I bet they look great, but they probably have no grip. That will save you a few $$ in repairs..

and Drive it!!

jim
Old 01-04-2010, 02:42 AM
bojali
Rennlist Member

Received 29 Likes on 17 Posts

I just did my 4 year service and that price for the service was in my bill 6-6500. But replacing the clutch seems about right, considering pulling the engine takes the service labor to 30+ hours. And the cost of the clutch, which is 8k now with a rebuilt unit?

Quick Reply: Carrera GT 1st service @ 4 years ?