vralexander...good for you

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 05:58 AM
VRAlexander
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JDSStudios
Alex
forumwars.com is in Arabic only, even when you click on the English button.
Does that mean the English speaking are SOL?
lolololol....Thats interesting!! I will call my web designer tomorrow. He is arabic, but the website is to be in English??? He is smoking something very intense...lol!
Old 11-03-2008, 05:59 AM
VRAlexander
Instructor

SW's and his 242MPH mile record breaker and my turbo for the HRE wheel display at SEMA! Here are some photos:

Loading the car at SW's:
SEMA 2008
SEMA 2008
SEMA 2008

At my hanger preping her for SEMA:
SEMA 2008
SEMA 2008

Our cars at VIP parking inside SEMA:
SEMA 2008
SEMA 2008

More photos:
http://videos.streetfire.net/album/S...08_1454887.htm

I must say that the SW's car drives BETTER than a factory Supra. It is very hard to realize that you have more that 1500hp under your right foot when she drives like a ***** cat!!!! Congrats on a very well put together car!!
Old 11-03-2008, 03:08 PM
mark_uss
Racer

super cool u da man.....
Old 11-07-2008, 04:15 AM
JDSStudios
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

It looks like Dexter has been around covering your room with plastic.

From all your cars, I love your 996TT the best.
Old 11-30-2008, 10:47 PM
cjv
Intermediate

Originally Posted by VRAlexander
Thanks for all the great supportive PM's. As per your request the photos of the suspension and Aero mods have been posted on page four. There have been a couple of minor changes since then. I plan on posting a full video with all the data in November. The car is very solid (except that is blows the slicks and walks half a lane at 120mph on top of 3rd). The new boost controller lets me set boost per GEAR and RPM across the entire powerband. I have to thank Bobby for this idea. We are going to tapper the boost a bit down on top of second and third so the violence is more linear. Then have her come full force for 4th, 5th and 6th. I must say the drivability at low boost (1.6bar) is sensational. My Grandmother could drive the car (now that is a funny picture...lolol). I saw the photos of CJV's head setup and we are running a very similar combo. CJV, you will need to add a critical component for over 2.5bar....welded head straps...you can torque these babies down to over 130lb of torque with them! I am excited to run some 60-130's and 1/4 mile times after the mile. Todd is writing a custom program with a two step and some powershifting parameters that will keep the TB open during shifts (I have no blow off valve since the new turbos have reliefs built in) so we can be under full boost (no loss and re-spool) when the next gear comes on. I cant wait to launch this thing at 1.5bar on full slicks out of the hole =)
Hi Alex,

Been awhile since we spoke and over two years since my last rennlist post.

Sorry, but very few have seen our current set up. I have not taken nor have I posted any pics regarding it's current state ............................. for good reasons. The heads/gaskets/stud diameters/washers/o-rings/liners/case have gone through some very interesting renovations so as to withstand our design boost/torque/power. KA currently has a 4.3+L displacement and GT35R's would be well ............. on the small side.

If you want information ....... give me a call. For the record the motor wasn't designed for > 2.5 bar. It was designed for 2.5 bar max. without straps. The billet stroker crank brings far more torque to the table than 996tt's are use to. The 105.7 mm buckets bring a lot of extra ponies ......... at any boost level and the nitrous really spools those tiny turbo's fast. The head's air flow coupled with the single lobe intake and exhaust cams gives her a redline of 8900 rpm's. Frankly, I really don't see much need in using more than 1.0-1.2 bar. The torque and power generated in this range will be plenty exciting.

Take care.

Last edited by cjv; 12-02-2008 at 12:06 PM.
Old 12-03-2008, 06:01 AM
VRAlexander
Instructor

Smile

Originally Posted by cjv
Hi Alex,

Been awhile since we spoke and over two years since my last rennlist post.

Sorry, but very few have seen our current set up. I have not taken nor have I posted any pics regarding it's current state ............................. for good reasons. The heads/gaskets/stud diameters/washers/o-rings/liners/case have gone through some very interesting renovations so as to withstand our design boost/torque/power. KA currently has a 4.3+L displacement and GT35R's would be well ............. on the small side.

If you want information ....... give me a call. For the record the motor wasn't designed for > 2.5 bar. It was designed for 2.5 bar max. without straps. The billet stroker crank brings far more torque to the table than 996tt's are use to. The 105.7 mm buckets bring a lot of extra ponies ......... at any boost level and the nitrous really spools those tiny turbo's fast. The head's air flow coupled with the single lobe intake and exhaust cams gives her a redline of 8900 rpm's. Frankly, I really don't see much need in using more than 1.0-1.2 bar. The torque and power generated in this range will be plenty exciting.

Take care.

Good to hear from you my friend! I am happy to hear that your project is still a go
PM me your cell again and I will give you a call.. Thanks
Old 12-15-2008, 10:15 PM
VRAlexander
Instructor

Here is the final edit from the Texas Mile...enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBB6L...e=channel_page
Old 12-15-2008, 11:09 PM
N-Dub
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice video!!! Your 996 will break 240 no sweat! I'm sorry we didn't get to meet up the other week!
Old 12-15-2008, 11:34 PM
VRAlexander
Instructor

Originally Posted by N-Dub
Nice video!!! Your 996 will break 240 no sweat! I'm sorry we didn't get to meet up the other week!
Thank you.. I think so as well, since there is just over a 320rwhp different between 21psi and 35psi.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:42 PM
Mother
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by VRAlexander
FOR THOUSE OF YOU WHO MISSED THE EPISODE LAST NIGHT :
THE FULL SHOW BROUGHT TO YOU BY SPEED AND MOTION...enjoy

http://www.speedandmotion.com/pages/.../shootout.html
Looked like a blast and great win! Congrats...Also loven the Escargo on that camaro eng GL on the build.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:37 AM
N-Dub
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you ever experimented with something like a "soft cut" progressive like traction control?? Something like (previously) F1 and MotoGP use with wheel speed sensors allowing a predetermined amount of slip when moving to put as much power down as the ground will take..?
Old 12-16-2008, 05:17 AM
VRAlexander
Instructor

Originally Posted by N-Dub
Have you ever experimented with something like a "soft cut" progressive like traction control?? Something like (previously) F1 and MotoGP use with wheel speed sensors allowing a predetermined amount of slip when moving to put as much power down as the ground will take..?
I run a Motec M600 on the Supra with full traction control and it works great! As for the turbo, the solution came in the following :

http://www.hksusa.com/products/more.asp?id=3208

It has a full boost map per vehicle speed as well as RPM's...no more tire spin... because blowing the tires at 160mph is a serious pucker factor!! The slicks have no problem hooking up anymore! =)
Old 12-26-2008, 06:25 AM
JDSStudios
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Hey VR
Just curious if you plan to pass by Toronto anytime?
Old 12-26-2008, 04:27 PM
VRAlexander
Instructor

Originally Posted by JDSStudios
Hey VR
Just curious if you plan to pass by Toronto anytime?
No plans as of yet...
Old 12-31-2008, 05:57 AM
VRAlexander
Instructor

Thank you for all the support and kind words. I would like to wish everyone a safe and blessed holiday season and a very Happy New Year =)

Quick Reply: vralexander...good for you