Texas is a hotbed for CGTs! well, maybe

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2007, 10:57 AM
nota_troll
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by spg993tt
1 RS is all one needs.
It seems we have mutual 'friend'. The white RS is/was/is a friend's. We met over the holidays and he mentioned who he bought it back from.

Congrats on the CGT. I love going to Ray's for eye candy.
Old 12-03-2007, 01:44 PM
NightStorm
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats Steve!

What's the exact mileage on your beauty if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks!
Old 12-03-2007, 08:47 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

car showed up today. whoa momma that thing is intense! i'll have photos tommorrow as i somehow bonedheaded it and left the camera at home.
awsome car. i think it is 565 miles. under 600 for sure. didnt really look too closely today was just oogling all the carbon. that is for sure a carbon fiber wazoo car.

more photos tomorrow.

Originally Posted by NightStorm
Congrats Steve!

What's the exact mileage on your beauty if you don't mind me asking?

Thanks!
Old 12-03-2007, 08:48 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

yeah, the white RS is a great car. that car is so perfect for what an RS is intended to me. no fancy schmancy other than the PCCBS. im glad he bought it back, kept it in the 'family' of sorts.
u texans have some nice cars down there.!!!<G>

Originally Posted by nota_troll
It seems we have mutual 'friend'. The white RS is/was/is a friend's. We met over the holidays and he mentioned who he bought it back from.

Congrats on the CGT. I love going to Ray's for eye candy.
Old 12-04-2007, 10:04 AM
RufMD
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats again, can't wait for the pics.
Old 12-04-2007, 06:32 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Default Pics and anxiety

I dont know, but maybe i'm not cut out for owning uber high end stuff like a CGT. or its my neurotic hyper obsessive personality...but man, its a wee bit stressful your first ride in that thing.

so i read, reread, and read some more all the htoughtful posts that guys were kind enough to post regarding clutch operation....hunted down and found the PDF manual on renntech while i await my hard copie manuals to get to me from the dealer...battery was charged overnight, green lite. air pressure check. so my first few starts from dead stop went well. let the clutch out, no gas, car sneeks forward, give it gas. nice.
then things got a bit sketchy.
check engine lite! and some scratchy kind of noises sounds like the tranny, at lower speeds...check engine light? you gotta be kidding me!!? i call over the JDPorsche and they say bring her in. i take her over, not great weather, 32 degrees and freezing NJ. about 4 techies hovering over the car, the main just super nice, gets in takes me for a testride.
that noise he says is 100% normal. he's the head technician. big dealership. he's the guy that deals with all of these cgts. normal. whew. relief.
its the F1 fancy transmission."thing isnt designed to be doing 3000 rpms but as youg et it up out of second gear doing 3000rpms, it gets smooth". he walked me thru the car a to z. he was really familiar with the thing, said he'd raced the a few times at the track....easy does it big fella...this aint no track, this aint no race car....but he operated the clutch perfectly.
he cleared the check engine lite said it wa sa randon Misfire code, said probably from sitting too much, etc. and then he topped off all fluids, air pressure, and gave the car a quick 20 minute once over. walked me thru care of certain things...
very productive anxiety trip. i couldnt wait to get it home in the garage and wrapped up tight for the night...
no harm, no foul...all good. whew.

what an animal. it would be unfair to post anyanalysis or comparison of the car because i was a total flub wuss and its not appropriate to judge a car when its the driver who operates it like a school girl. i just need time. bear with me as they say!!!

but what a beast! if i thought the CS was carbo out the wazoo, then that car is the kind of carbon wazooo...the whole darn thing. i love carbon. waht an awsome material to build stuff with. stiff as a rail. looks great. wont bend just snap. i love it on my road bikes, i love it on the CGT.

anyway, i attached a few photos....and you can see some more at www.911flatnose.com i like snapping a bunch since some dudes, including myself, dont get too good a look at the interior too much...hope you enjoy!

i need a stiff drink...if i drank.

Originally Posted by RufMD
congrats again, can't wait for the pics.
Attached Images     
Old 12-04-2007, 06:50 PM
bbs993tt
Rennlist Member

Received 344 Likes on 181 Posts

I dont know, but maybe i'm not cut out for owning uber high end stuff like a CGT. or its my neurotic hyper obsessive personality...but man, its a wee bit stressful your first ride in that thing.

so i read, reread, and read some more all the htoughtful posts that guys were kind enough to post regarding clutch operation....hunted down and found the PDF manual on renntech while i await my hard copie manuals to get to me from the dealer...battery was charged overnight, green lite. air pressure check. so my first few starts from dead stop went well. let the clutch out, no gas, car sneeks forward, give it gas. nice.
then things got a bit sketchy.
check engine lite! and some scratchy kind of noises sounds like the tranny, at lower speeds...check engine light? you gotta be kidding me!!? i call over the JDPorsche and they say bring her in. i take her over, not great weather, 32 degrees and freezing NJ. about 4 techies hovering over the car, the main just super nice, gets in takes me for a testride.
that noise he says is 100% normal. he's the head technician. big dealership. he's the guy that deals with all of these cgts. normal. whew. relief.
its the F1 fancy transmission."thing isnt designed to be doing 3000 rpms but as youg et it up out of second gear doing 3000rpms, it gets smooth". he walked me thru the car a to z. he was really familiar with the thing, said he'd raced the a few times at the track....easy does it big fella...this aint no track, this aint no race car....but he operated the clutch perfectly.
he cleared the check engine lite said it wa sa randon Misfire code, said probably from sitting too much, etc. and then he topped off all fluids, air pressure, and gave the car a quick 20 minute once over. walked me thru care of certain things...
very productive anxiety trip. i couldnt wait to get it home in the garage and wrapped up tight for the night...
no harm, no foul...all good. whew.

what an animal. it would be unfair to post anyanalysis or comparison of the car because i was a total flub wuss and its not appropriate to judge a car when its the driver who operates it like a school girl. i just need time. bear with me as they say!!!

but what a beast! if i thought the CS was carbo out the wazoo, then that car is the kind of carbon wazooo...the whole darn thing. i love carbon. waht an awsome material to build stuff with. stiff as a rail. looks great. wont bend just snap. i love it on my road bikes, i love it on the CGT.

anyway, i attached a few photos....and you can see some more at www.911flatnose.com i like snapping a bunch since some dudes, including myself, dont get too good a look at the interior too much...hope you enjoy!

i need a stiff drink...if i drank.
SG,

Congrats, car looks great. Regarding the noises, quiet it is not - remember, it's a race car. Both CGTs I've driven sounded exactly alike.

On the CF, wait til you take off the roof panels (if you haven't already)....amazing how light they are.

Count me among the skirt wearers too. I've logged about 120 miles (mostly highway) and each one is filled with apprehension. It's going to take a while.

BBS
Old 12-07-2007, 11:59 AM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,050 Likes on 1,230 Posts

What a beauty both cars congrats you guys.

Steve,

The Green RS is a beauty but this may just change my mind on newer Porsche's I would want to own.

Best luck, I might have to make a detour nest week to see it up close.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:15 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

sounds good, you know how to find me. personally, i think the 964 turbos, the 993 Turbos...its too easy to look at gt3s and RSs or, eeeks, CGTs and think "the grass is greener". not taking anything away from those cars, but the 964turbos and 993turbos are class acts, top performers that deliver excitement day in, day out, with minimal headache or excessive cost.

yeah, a cgt is pretty nice till you hit a pothole too hard, crack a panel, and you're out 25grand. for the money, the grin, the older stuff is your best bang. eh, they are all great! just more to it than looks , beauty and speed.

the CS gets back from the shop next week, a woozy $5k (how insane is that!) for a major service due at 1300miles/3 years. (i have 1300 miles, not saying F recommends it at 1300, but it cant be too much more than that)....the grass aint greener it just looks that way from a'far!

happy holidays!
-sg
Originally Posted by cobalt
What a beauty both cars congrats you guys.

Steve,

The Green RS is a beauty but this may just change my mind on newer Porsche's I would want to own.

Best luck, I might have to make a detour nest week to see it up close.
Old 12-07-2007, 01:18 PM
cobalt
Rennlist Member

Received 2,050 Likes on 1,230 Posts

sounds good, you know how to find me. personally, i think the 964 turbos, the 993 Turbos...its too easy to look at gt3s and RSs or, eeeks, CGTs and think "the grass is greener". not taking anything away from those cars, but the 964turbos and 993turbos are class acts, top performers that deliver excitement day in, day out, with minimal headache or excessive cost.

yeah, a cgt is pretty nice till you hit a pothole too hard, crack a panel, and you're out 25grand. for the money, the grin, the older stuff is your best bang. eh, they are all great! just more to it than looks , beauty and speed.

the CS gets back from the shop next week, a woozy $5k (how insane is that!) for a major service due at 1300miles/3 years. (i have 1300 miles, not saying F recommends it at 1300, but it cant be too much more than that)....the grass aint greener it just looks that way from a'far!

happy holidays!
-sg
I never said I would give up my 94.

Not in the market anyhow. New addition and kitchen are next.
See you soon

Happy Holidays.
Old 12-07-2007, 11:14 PM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this must be one of the most ugliest cars I have ever seen!!!

JUST KIDDING!!

What a beautiful machine....I completely understand your anxiety....it doesn't matter how much money you have....a machine like CGT must be intimidating.

You are a lucky man...enjoy.....and don't let it "sit" too much!

Quick Reply: Texas is a hotbed for CGTs! well, maybe