Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carrera GT Crash Settled

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2007, 04:32 PM
Pugnacious P
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't usually get involved in GT discussions, but I would say Poleposition is being a bit harsh. In my opinion, the responsible party for the death of those two men should be placed solely on the race track for neglecting to move the barriers that created a deadly head on crash from what would have been, most likely, a side impact bounce off. Someone should have raised flags when some idiot wanted to move them in that position in the first place.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:07 PM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 196 Likes on 97 Posts

Pole Position, your comments regarding an individual who cannot defend himself are vile and malicious. They have no place in a forum of this nature.

You do not know the driver and were not there when this tragic incident occurred. It is more than likely all of us would have suffered the same fate given the same circumstances.

I can only surmise your the type of person that would attack people in wheel chairs. Your DNA cannot be humanoid. Whatever it is, go back to your own kind.
Old 11-01-2007, 11:59 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Pole Position, your comments regarding an individual who cannot defend himself are vile and malicious. They have no place in a forum of this nature.

You do not know the driver and were not there when this tragic incident occurred. It is more than likely all of us would have suffered the same fate given the same circumstances.

I can only surmise your the type of person that would attack people in wheel chairs. Your DNA cannot be humanoid. Whatever it is, go back to your own kind.
Nick,

Coming from you .. you can't be serious!

Most sensible people (drivers) would not have put themselves in such a position. Unfortunately, the driver's various posts and tales of bravado plastered all over the internet could only allow a "prudent man" to reach the conclusion of recklessness.

Whatever "white steed" you chose to ride for whatever reason (at the expense of Porsche and others) was misplaced. I think you have boasted on other sites about helping the Keaton estate, so your objectivity is highly suspect.

To accuse others, when you were trying (inappropriately) to lay the seeds of responsibility at Porsche's door is at a minimum disingenuous.
Old 11-02-2007, 01:48 AM
Nick
Rennlist Member

Received 196 Likes on 97 Posts

Colm, it does not surprise me you would be the first to defend scurrilous remarks. Your quite adept in this area. Enjoy your CGT and I hope nobody pulls in front of you while your doing in excess of 100mph. With the CGT, your fate will be sealed.
Old 11-02-2007, 09:51 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nick
Colm, it does not surprise me you would be the first to defend scurrilous remarks. Your quite adept in this area. Enjoy your CGT and I hope nobody pulls in front of you while your doing in excess of 100mph. With the CGT, your fate will be sealed.
Thank you for the good wishes.
Old 11-02-2007, 11:10 AM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 42 Posts

All one has to do if one wants less over-steer in a Carrera GT is to move the rear sway bar adjustment from the medium (as delivered) position to full soft.

That's what I did recently.

I remember discussing this topic with Ben a along time ago.
Old 11-08-2007, 09:14 PM
pdxjim
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Sounds like the accident was a Perfect Storm scenario.

Quick Reply: Carrera GT Crash Settled