Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another totaled Enzo

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 06:13 PM
1AS
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

Except that may not be repairable. And that was an actor, not a stunt driver. And he hit a concrete barrier, which can be catastrophic in terms of unpredictability re spectators, flying debris, and injury to the driver. I don't think so. AS
Old 04-08-2007, 05:16 PM
V2Rocket
Rainman
Rennlist Member

Received 646 Likes on 500 Posts

Put that man in front of a firing squad...what a shameless waste of a beautiful car.
Old 04-08-2007, 05:28 PM
porschedog
Rennlist Member

Received 320 Likes on 208 Posts

the actor is a douchebag, but so is teh owner, who trashed a CGT in the movie. It smells like a stunt. Of course, I will go see the movie, but I am expecting to scream as the CGT goes to pieces. I still haven't gotten over the blown-up ferrari Daytona on Miami Vice 9and yes, I KNOW that one was a Corvette frame with a f/g Daytona almost lookalike body - Haven't these guys heard of model carss, f/g replicas and Industrial Magic???? Stop crapping up cool cars! If you have to do it, for god sake go get a Mustang or a corvette!
Old 04-08-2007, 05:46 PM
netburner
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by porschedog
the actor is a douchebag, but so is teh owner, who trashed a CGT in the movie. It smells like a stunt. Of course, I will go see the movie, but I am expecting to scream as the CGT goes to pieces. I still haven't gotten over the blown-up ferrari Daytona on Miami Vice 9and yes, I KNOW that one was a Corvette frame with a f/g Daytona almost lookalike body - Haven't these guys heard of model carss, f/g replicas and Industrial Magic???? Stop crapping up cool cars! If you have to do it, for god sake go get a Mustang or a corvette!
Amen
Old 04-08-2007, 07:22 PM
Nicolaasdb
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

this was a huge promotional stunt....think about it: It was on in the news on all networks!! And that with a movie about racing exotics coming out!! You can't buy advertising this cheap!!!
Old 04-09-2007, 03:22 PM
Tms951
Pro

As far as being a stunt if it was there could not have bben any insurance involved. I mean what insurance company would cover a stunt with an amatuer driver and the guy standing behind the k-rail comes so close to getting that enzo in his face, again no insuance company would cover that stunt. I also doubt its legal to do a stunt with out insurance.

I think the throttle blips are him going for the brake and hitting the throttle.
Old 04-10-2007, 11:25 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,335 Likes on 1,974 Posts

The event he was driving was for charity, so I would imagine insurance was in effect. It was at Irwindale Speedway parking lot and looked like an AutoCross course with autocross speeds. Enzo's have have their occupants survive horrendous crashes of over 200 MPH on a Utah freeway, 162 MPH in Malibu and an unknown speed in the south of France. A k rail in a parking lot is no match for the mighty Enzo.

Either the guy is the worst driver ever or it looks suspiciously coincidental that the movie is coming out. I've seen commercials all over the place for the movie.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:59 PM
Den.
Intermediate

Funny considering the thing even has an automatic tranny. Would he even NOTICE it even if he COULD drive with all the "aids"?

It dosen't bother me as I think the Enzo is the ugliest Ferrari EVER!!

At least the F40 required you to know how to DRIVE!! Now THAT'S a Supercar!!

Thank you Porsche for giving the GT a clutch.

(I could care less about the movie, never even heard pf this guy until I saw posts referring to this "accident".)

Quick Reply: Another totaled Enzo