Notices
Porsche Supercars Carrera GT, 918,960
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

source for cgt clear side markers? Possible Group Buy, Please Respond!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 11:07 PM
Nicole
Cottage Industry Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 150 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by icon
about half of these are for cars no longer in the u.s. and would not need the amber led's.

gert hasnt heard from his supplier yet either.
What would they need instead? Just any color LEDs - whatever is in there? Or remove the LEDs alltogether?
Old 03-03-2007, 05:01 AM
Nicole
Cottage Industry Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

Well, I spoke with my vendor today. He needs a sample piece to look at - or at the very least a good photo. The local Porsche dealers don't stock these things, and won't order one just to look at. At $180 a piece, we can't afford to just order one and maybe find out we can't do it.

So, has anybody ever taken this piece off the car and taken a picture? Probably not...

Would anybody be willing to take one off and photograph it, or send it to Germany for a few days for inspection? Probably not...

That leaves me in a situation where I am not be able to help - as much as I'd like to. My suggeston is to write to Porsche and see, if their parts manufacturer can make a small series of these in clear or smoked. Or find out who makes these, and contact the manufacturer directly. At the very least they'd have the tools to do it efficiently and in the same quality as the original.

I'm sorry I don't have a better answer for you.
Old 03-03-2007, 04:26 PM
Nicole
Cottage Industry Sponsor
Lifetime Rennlist

You're welcome!

I wonder, if it would make sense to just paint the markers in body color and disable them. Or close up the holes and respray the bumper cover.
Old 04-04-2007, 06:21 PM
Johnny V
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Icon u have a CGT as well ?

Quick Reply: source for cgt clear side markers? Possible Group Buy, Please Respond!