Sponsored by:

Wanted Black/Black Carrera GT

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2006, 05:22 AM
RS Clubsport
Pro

Received 347 Likes on 99 Posts
Default Wanted Black/Black Carrera GT

I'm looking for a black with black Carrera GT, 2004 or 2005, up to 6k miles. Please be kind enough to e mail me j.chester@redbourn.com if you know of any private or trade cars.
Old 11-03-2006, 06:46 AM
Thomas g.
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the best listing price I have seen for a low miles 2005. Good luck.
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...=1&cardist=736
Old 11-03-2006, 06:53 AM
RS Clubsport
Pro

Thanks Thomas. That car has been sold.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:14 AM
Thomas g.
Intermediate

It must have sold fast because it wasn't listed for more than a week. I think you need to be patient and constantly check cars.com autotrader.com and ebay. I looked for a couple months before I bought my car. Although some people may disagree, the prices have stabalized. Cars are changing hands and buyers are stepping up when the price is right. I think you should pay attention more to the "in service date" within a particular model year as opposed to the production number within a particular model year. There are 2005 cars with a range between 2 and 4 years left on the warranty. I think the warranty is worth something especially since the car can not be certified by a Porsche dealer and there is no Porsche extended warranty. The last four numbers of the vin refer to the relative production number, but tells you nothing about the "in service date". I think that once people realize that the prices of CGT's are no longer dropping (and I am not saying for sure that has happened) the car will be perceived as "hot" and prices could start to go the other way.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:26 AM
Thomas g.
Intermediate

More than several cars I called on were sold to customers outside of the USA. Even Porsche has bought back new cars from USA dealers for invoice = $415,000 to be sold as new in other countries. There is a global market for USA cars with the weak dollar and it may be that factor that leads to the stabalization of prices here.
Old 11-03-2006, 07:27 AM
magwheel
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Good thing you didn't buy it!

You wouldn't have wanted that car anyway! Apparently they must have thought it was too powerful and fast so they pulled the 10 cylinder and stuck a 6 cylinder in it..... according to the listing!

Interesting how some car dealers and people list their cars sometimes! Magwheel
Old 11-03-2006, 08:45 AM
RS Clubsport
Pro

You are right Thomas, at current prices they will sell outside the US. There is some agrevation to be factored in, flying to the US to view, shipping, small work to convert to UK spec. but for a $100k plus saving (this is based on the UK/Europe prices compared to US) this agrevation is minimal!

Quick Reply: Wanted Black/Black Carrera GT