Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carrera Gt prices

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2006, 09:56 AM
wch
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

"I was told by the Ferrari manager at our dealership that when you purchase a new Ferrari, you are signing over to the terms for the first right of refusal and all."

Not in all cases. I have never signed such an agreement but, then, I have a long history with my dealer and they probably feel confident that I will buy and sell my cars only through them - which I will.

Magwheel - US 599 deliveries began perhaps as early as November. Mine arrived in mid-December, grigio silverstone over black and tan, carbon ceramic brakes, challenge style wheels, no shields, etc etc. If you're skeptical that I have a 599, then you'll never believe that I have an F40!
Old 12-29-2006, 11:31 AM
magwheel
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by wch
"I was told by the Ferrari manager at our dealership that when you purchase a new Ferrari, you are signing over to the terms for the first right of refusal and all."

Not in all cases. I have never signed such an agreement but, then, I have a long history with my dealer and they probably feel confident that I will buy and sell my cars only through them - which I will.

Magwheel - US 599 deliveries began perhaps as early as November. Mine arrived in mid-December, grigio silverstone over black and tan, carbon ceramic brakes, challenge style wheels, no shields, etc etc. If you're skeptical that I have a 599, then you'll never believe that I have an F40!
I HATE YOU... I HATE YOU... I HATE YOU!!! Just busting you!. Hey.... since you have two Ferraris and the 599 is brand new and I'm sure you wanna get to know it real well, why don't you let me take that 'old' F40 off your hands? It's gotta be boring driving such an ancient vehicle! Just let me know when you want it back and I ship her pronto to you. She won't have any more than 500-1000 miles per year since that's the situation with almost all my cars.

The Carrera GT will be two years old in April(?) and I think it only has around 1200-1400 miles!

Can you tell me what the sticker was on the 599 and what you had to pay for it? If you don't want to make it public, you can PM me.

Have you ever had or driven a F430 and how do you try and compare it to the 599. I loved my Maranello but it always felt nose heavy in comparison to the F430. It got tons of admirers which pleasantly surprised me because it didn't have that 'radical' look of the F430 or some of my other cars had or have. Magwheel
Old 12-29-2006, 01:35 PM
Likemystoppie?
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some of you guys are waisting time writing in this forum and not DRIVING those damn machines!!

Stop talking- START DRIVING!!
Old 12-29-2006, 04:51 PM
f430
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Too much crappy weather.
Old 12-29-2006, 09:07 PM
wch
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 16 Posts

Mag - with that photo line-up you have, you don't get to hate anyone. Beautiful cars.

I paid MSRP for the 599, most expensive option was the ccbs. I have owned an F430 - I still think the 430 is a more tossable, sportscar, while the 599 is indeed a GT. Now, the 599 is a massively powerful GT, drives lighter than it is (though it feels bigger than the 430), shifts smoothly and fast - and actually has space to put stuff. I wish Ferrari would make a true 599 stradale, and I look forward to competition versions of the 599. My dream: a 599 challenge car - will never happen. To really feel out the 599, I want to track it, and am waiting for the right opportunity.

I think, once the 599 excitement dies down a bit, we'll be back to the same choice, Maranello v 360, 599 v 430: do you want a GT, or a sportscar? Incidentally, my Maranello, which I loved, didn't attract as much attention as the 599.

1200-1400 miles in two years, I understand. I brag that I'm a driver, no garage queens here, etc etc, but put 14k on an Audi wagon in one year and about 1500 miles on the f40 in two years. Do what I say, not what I do.

CGT content - I think it's a work of art, and a brilliant performer, and prices will firm up hard. There really aren't all that many of them. Maybe the sales of new CGTs didn't work out as hoped, but it's a Porsche supercar - that's an amazing pedigree.
Old 12-29-2006, 11:46 PM
magwheel
Instructor

Unhappy The photo line-up you have..... Hmmmmm

Originally Posted by wch
Mag - with that photo line-up you have, you don't get to hate anyone. Beautiful cars.

I paid MSRP for the 599, most expensive option was the ccbs. I have owned an F430 - I still think the 430 is a more tossable, sportscar, while the 599 is indeed a GT.
Thanks for the reply WCH, I really envy you on the F40. That's gotta be the cat's *** driving around town with all the noises and power going right to your ***!

Paying 'sticker' for the 599 was one stupendous job. I was afraid that they had tried to you 'over the coals'! Enjoy it and be careful!

Just so nobody can ever call me a fraud, phony or pretender.... I want to remind everyone in case there are a few of you that didn't know, I sold the 575 Maranello in August and then sold both Lamborghinis in October to the same 'Exotic' Used Car Dealer in Cleveland.

I had bought a Porsche 997 Turbo in September and felt I was over-carred (is there such a word?). Then to top off my dilemma, I picked up an 07 SL550 and that's when I decided it was time to sell both Lambos. I just had too many cars that were impractical to drive a lot especially when there was a threat of inclement weather.

I really loved the Lambos but after buying the SL550, it was so nice to have a classy 'sportscar' I could drive all the time and not be paranoid of the weather or where I parked her. After I had sold the Lambos, I went out and bought an 07 S550 to complement the SL. I'm getting a ton more driving time behind the wheel of the Mercs which feels fantastic.

If you all will bear with me, I promise to change my 'signature' in the Spring when I can get a decent pic of my new line-up. I'll really miss my 'old sig' which someone on Rennlist was so kind enough to do for me. He did a absolutely 'trick' Photoshop masterpiece. I hope the same person will do a repeat performance because his efforts were fantastic as you can see for yourself and was certainly appreciated! Take care WCH. Mags
Old 12-30-2006, 06:41 AM
magwheel
Instructor

Lightbulb Ouch!!!

Dang Jeff, I had completely forgot that you were the one who did that for me. Someone else had done one on exotiXboard and so far, I forgot who did that one too!

Well... now that you reminded me that you were the 'Michelangelo', I know who to contact when I take a new 'line-up' picture of the cars. I'll hate like heck to have to change my signature here but it wouldn't be right representing myself as still having a few of those rides when I don't. (I'll still keep it in my pic inventory though)!

Jeff.... Thanks again for your super effort. Everytime I did a post, I smiled with pride because of your sensational artwork. I was really honored you did that for me! Michael

Quick Reply: Carrera Gt prices