Sponsored by:

cgt articles

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2006, 02:04 PM
Irishdriver
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nick
Irishdriver, maybe we in the US should prevent companies from doing business in Ireland since you have no respect for our legal system. It would fun watching the Irish crawling on hands and knees begging for US business.
Do actually believe the Bull...t you write? Do you know how pompous you sound? I asked for a stupid irrelevant comparison not a tantrum.

Originally Posted by Nick
Finally, I get tired of the ROW attacking the US in their holier than thou attitude. I do not agree with everything my and many other governments do. I can criticize but do not view it appropriate to maliciously attack them or their system of governing.
I like the word "Finally" does this mean you will give us a break now?
Old 05-21-2006, 03:24 PM
Nick
Race Car

Received 197 Likes on 97 Posts

Irishdriver, not a tantrum just cold hard facts. To take solace in the Irish government threathening to take punitive action against the US required a response. BTW, if you are not aware, many US companies do business in Ireland and their efforts have revived the Irish economy.

Yes the word "finally" applies to this off topic discussion. Back to Cars.
Old 05-21-2006, 03:44 PM
icon
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Les Quam
It's my observation that today auto enthusiasts can walk into a dealership and buy a low volume "classic" such as an F40, F50 or an Enzo and essentially have a collection without knowing or caring about the Ferrari's that came before them.
i think people have to get the performance thing out of the way before they go vintage!
after all those are the three ferrari's considered supercars!
another thing about those vintage like you stated before things breaking while the car just sits there.
you have to be prepared for the constant upkeep and all of us aren't retired!
or can employ someone just to take care of our collection.
would be fun though!
btw have you heard the 599gtb is supposedly sold out for a couple years?

Last edited by icon; 05-22-2006 at 12:34 AM.
Old 05-21-2006, 05:38 PM
Irishdriver
Burning Brakes

It is clear now ........it's english you don't understand !!!

"To take solace in the Irish government threathening to take punitive action against the US required a response"...well it might do if the Irish government ever did such a thing and if I ever took solace in it, if they did. As neither ever happened you are talking rubbish again.

...but this is your style - making up a point when you don't have one.

...and thank you for proving you know nothing about the Irish economy.
Old 05-21-2006, 08:12 PM
Nick
Race Car

Received 197 Likes on 97 Posts

Yesterday from Irishdriver;

"Could you think of an irrelevant comparision involving the Irish? 'cos we think your system sucks too and have enacted legislation to avoid ever being in the same mess."

Obviously you are the one that is English challenged. I don't know why I spend time responding to you. You need help.
Old 05-21-2006, 08:42 PM
Les Quam
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeff,
I am not retired and maintain all my cars myself for better or worse. Mostly worse. I would perceive all the Ferrari's I mentioned as supercars.

I was observing that there is a new trend among younger collectors to focus on more modern low volume cars as opposed to the vintage types. It is easier and requires less detective work and experience as well as less upkeep and generally speaking they start after sitting a few weeks. I think collecting the new modern low volume supercars is great fun and less aggravation. Many a night while I try to figure out how to start one of my muscle cars I think the new guys have the right idea. My only concern with a collection of modern low volume supercars would be that they are still in the downward part of their depreciation cycle for the most part.

Please return now to the Nick V. Ireland economic war.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:42 AM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Les Quam
Please return now to the Nick V. Ireland economic war.
Nobody beats the Irish, so that makes Nick a ?
Old 05-22-2006, 04:49 AM
Irishdriver
Burning Brakes

Sorry Nick, you lost the plot totally this time.

How can having "enacted legislation to avoid ever being in the same mess" be interpreted as "the Irish government threathening to take punitive action against the US". I stated they took an act to avoid something - you stated. without any basis, they took an agressive action. Jeez - you could start a war with reactions like that.

On the Irish Economy, we export 13.9% of our output to the US and we get 19.7% of our imports from the states. So when you shut down trade between the countries you might need to consider how many US jobs you would damage.

To the rest of you guys, I'm sorry I let him wind me up and I think it is cool the way Les and AS got on with reality while I mistakenly treated Nick as a rational individual. It is clear now he is not. Maybe he is right - I need help..........to learn to stop feeding Trolls!
Old 05-22-2006, 10:27 AM
928cs
Race Car

Received 557 Likes on 356 Posts

Thank you for the description of your stable Alexander.
Could you, please, post pictures of your cars in a specific thread?

Is there a car you dream of?

Samuel
Old 05-22-2006, 11:39 AM
1AS
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

Samuel,
I'm a technologic idiot when it comes to posting pictures, so in the short run, I probably won't be able to get it done.
Re car of dreams: The CGT comes closest to something that I think is great. However, the concerns that have stopped me from buying one have been met somewhat critically on this forum. I realy like to drive my cars, so the capability of using them in poor weather becomes important (ergo my concerns about computer assist).
The newest front engined V12 Ferraris seem to be moving to the top of the list, but are effectively unobtainable. I think the designation is 599, and it looks like a car that could be in my dreams.

My current hurdle is replacing my beloved BMW 850 CSI (fully Dinanized), as with 161,000 miles, it is not really a car I can drive long distances with confidence. In terms of bargains, the 550/75 Maranellos are a huge value, and are great fun. In terms of track cars, there is a new Lotus coming that is interesting. I hate to admit that the EVO 8 is hugely entertaining, but looks too ugly to be a car of a Porsche lover's dreams.AS

Quick Reply: cgt articles