Sponsored by:

Carrera GT in Richmond, Va

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2004, 07:52 PM
nicoff
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carrera GT in Richmond, Va

While driving my P-car in Richmond earlier today, I saw what seemed like a CGT on the road in the opposite direction. Lo and behold as I got closer I realized it was a grey CGT. No pictures, it all happened too fast. The first one I have seen "in person". I blinked my headlights but it was a multi-lane divided road and I do not think the other driver saw me. I did hear the sound of the engine as the car accelerated away behind me. Really nice sound. The local Richmond dealer told me that they have delivered two CGTs to date and have two more on order. They also said that one of the two CGT is a daily driver.
Old 12-30-2004, 01:37 AM
WRXracer112
2nd Gear

That one belongs to the gentlemen that owns Circuit City. ITs nice, our family friend just took delivery of the next one in Richmond, I am going to drive it after he has it for a while. Should be nice I will let you in on a secret, there's a cooler car in town, its Italian (think $30k brake job Italian) and in my opinion an all around better car than the CGT, see it on the road come summer.

P.S. -- I hope he enjoys that car, the rate in wich his buisness is going he is probably going sell Circuit City or close it because Best Buy is kicking his ***...but don't take my word for it, what do I know
Old 12-30-2004, 01:16 PM
yetis
Three Wheelin'

Alan Mc Collough owns a Porsche GT. Unreal..... Its just one great decison after another for that guy...
Old 12-30-2004, 05:56 PM
HBacura
Racer

I saw the car when it was at Euro some time ago, man that thing looks sweet in person. Prob. the last time I will see one
Old 01-11-2005, 06:18 PM
YellowJacket
3rd Gear

Sorry to hijack the thread, but...

Where did all you Richmond Porsche owners come from??? I just moved here from Atlanta, where 911's outnumber Civics! But since moving here, I've met one Boxster driver (while dropping my car off at Euroclassics for my state inspection), and I've seen one Boxster on I-64 on the way to work. That is IT!
Old 01-12-2005, 10:21 AM
nicoff
Racer

I see a few Porsches driving around the West End. However, I bet the weather may have something to do with what you have seen (although giving how warm it is out there it should be OK). The weather does not stop me at all, in fact I feel very confortable with the top down as long as the temperature is no lower than 45 degrees. Having said that, I got a bit of a scare when we had freezing rain in mid December and my car did some zig-zagging on I-295!
Old 01-12-2005, 05:10 PM
YellowJacket
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by nicoff
I see a few Porsches driving around the West End. However, I bet the weather may have something to do with what you have seen (although giving how warm it is out there it should be OK). The weather does not stop me at all, in fact I feel very confortable with the top down as long as the temperature is no lower than 45 degrees. Having said that, I got a bit of a scare when we had freezing rain in mid December and my car did some zig-zagging on I-295!
I guess you could be right about the weather making a difference on who's out driving their Porsches. I forget that not everyone uses theirs as a daily driver (like I do!).

Yeah, I've had my top down a lot lately, too. In fact, as I'm tying this, I'm staring out my office window at the beautiful weather. Looks like another top-down ride home from work!
Old 05-15-2006, 02:37 PM
Ty Smith
Instructor

Just saw the CGT this weekend. Silver..

I was at a stop light in the west end and just about fell out of my seat when it came by., If I was in my 993 I would have tried to catch him....

Figured I would do a search on Richmond here to see who it was.

I have lived in Richmond my entire life. More and more exotics are around. Anyone seen that purple/ blue Lambo? Just saw a Silver lambo last week too.

Ferrari's are becoming more seen too CEO at Philip Morris has a new red one...
Old 05-15-2006, 04:17 PM
Woodster
Drifting

WRX man, it sounds like your ears have been "boxed in by your boxer"

Italian car better than CGT ???? not the Pagini I hope!!!

wow, delusional

Marty K

Quick Reply: Carrera GT in Richmond, Va