Sponsored by:

it came today

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2004, 03:52 PM
ceboyd
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW! That is GORGEOUS!!!!! I just love the GT... ...if only......
Old 12-09-2004, 04:01 PM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ray G
Ben, please let us know how the CGT compares to the Stradale experience after you've had some time in it. You've said you were hoping there would be some overlap so you could sell the Stradale. I'm in the same position, as you know. -Ray
just drove the CS for the first time since getting the CGT. i find no reason to get rid of it. the sound, the steering, the openness of the cockpit, the feeling of oneness with this go kart is just irreplaceable by anything i've thus far ever driven. another 50 to 100 lbs of torque and a foot clutch pedal and it would be perfect. the car "feels" so much smaller than the CGT (though it isn't really) while being so much more roomy inside. the typical "they (Fcars and Pcars) are just so different" (neither necessarily better) argument applies again.
Old 12-09-2004, 10:00 PM
Bill S.
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ben in lj
just drove the CS for the first time since getting the CGT. i find no reason to get rid of it. the sound, the steering, the openness of the cockpit, the feeling of oneness with this go kart is just irreplaceable by anything i've thus far ever driven. another 50 to 100 lbs of torque and a foot clutch pedal and it would be perfect. the car "feels" so much smaller than the CGT (though it isn't really) while being so much more roomy inside. the typical "they (Fcars and Pcars) are just so different" (neither necessarily better) argument applies again.
I feel the same way. My Ruf is much faster, but I find the CS a very special ride. When I'm in the CS, it just feels like I'm flying through the air with no car. Very light, open and responsive, like you say. Maybe when I ride in your CGT I might change my mind.
Old 12-09-2004, 10:03 PM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Bill S.
I feel the same way. My Ruf is much faster, but I find the CS a very special ride. When I'm in the CS, it just feels like I'm flying through the air with no car. Very light, open and responsive, like you say. Maybe when I ride in your CGT I might change my mind.
Looking forward to meeting you Bill!

Hey Mike, it worked - b a r e l y, only via backing it in, front first was impossible:

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/s...843#post213843

oh yeah, and only 1 stall today (ugh!).
Old 12-10-2004, 02:30 AM
AeroGT3RedWing
Racer

When is its first track day ^_^
Old 12-10-2004, 03:10 AM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AeroGT3RedWing
When is its first track day ^_^
With the newborn, I'm having a hard time talking "someone" into it this early. This "someone" is the same person who was good enough to allow me to buy my crack!
Old 12-11-2004, 01:03 PM
JS
Race Car

Received 472 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by yongster
Most people can't tell a CS from a 360. I think alot of people do know a GT when they see it, but it's still a rare sight.
Thats because the Stripe on the Stradale is a must have, makes the car stand out from a regular 360, its a unique look.
Old 12-11-2004, 06:24 PM
yongster
Racer

Originally Posted by JASCLASS
Thats because the Stripe on the Stradale is a must have, makes the car stand out from a regular 360, its a unique look.
I agree, but some 360 owners are getting the stripe put on aftermarket (tape not paint).
Old 12-11-2004, 11:03 PM
Viken
Keeper of the Truth
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by yongster
I agree, but some 360 owners are getting the stripe put on aftermarket (tape not paint).
Are they really? That's a VERY expensive part from the dealer. Even the copies are very expensive.
Old 12-11-2004, 11:44 PM
yongster
Racer

Originally Posted by Viken
Are they really? That's a VERY expensive part from the dealer. Even the copies are very expensive.
Viken, here is the thread.
http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/sho...stradale+strip
Old 12-12-2004, 08:46 PM
Rico UK
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Viken
You can get a stripe made for £300 in the UK... so about 500 bucks.

Old 12-12-2004, 09:06 PM
Turbo911
Intermediate

Ben, I feel the same way when going between my C-GT, my 996TT, my Boxster S, and my new 'vette. They all are amazing cars and I love driving each of them for their unique personalities and I guess ...how I feel each day. I have no interest in getting rid of any of them. The only thing that is strange, is that I have gotten to where I actually like the C-GT's clutch and it feels "correct". When I get in any other car it always feels too weak!

I am checking out a Gallardo later this week..I wonder how it will "feel". I still want to get on a 430 list, too!

Chuck
Old 12-12-2004, 09:30 PM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Turbo911
The only thing that is strange, is that I have gotten to where I actually like the C-GT's clutch and it feels "correct". When I get in any other car it always feels too weak!
Believe it or not, it doesn't sound strange to me at all. It's starting to feel pretty normal to me too. I think a few hundred more miles and I won't even consciously think about it anymore.
Old 12-13-2004, 12:40 AM
AmirGT2
Instructor

With the incredible weather we've had for the last couple of days, I finally had the opportunity to drive the CGT, CS and GT2 back to back to back and I gotta tell you, I think the CGT is the MOST PHENOMENAL car I have ever driven.

I remember asking myself before getting my car, if the CGT could possibly be worth more than 2X the price of a Stradale or GT2? Well after 800 miles, I'm left wondering if the CS and GT2 are worth half the price of a CGT. That's how unbelievable this car really is. Take nothing away from the CS and GT2, they are fantastic cars in their own rights, but the CGT is clearly in a different league.

By the way Chuck, ditto on the clutch. It's gone from feeling "tricky" to "correct".

Amir
Old 12-13-2004, 01:37 AM
jmporsche944
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 20 Posts

we may just have to hardwire.
Hey ben, if you pull the stereo out theres a keyed on wire that plugs into the back of the stereo, just use a voltage tester to figure out which one, in my car it was red i believe. Just though i would chime in incase you didnt know where to tap into the electrical.

Good luck with the car, it looks fantastic.

Jeff

Quick Reply: it came today