Notices
Porsche Supercars Carrera GT, 918,960
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

socal/malibu... jay leno for pre-turkey run?!

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2004, 04:40 AM
24FPS
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Cool pictures...

some 7am shots...

& later...

after hearing a few super model jokes... fred decides to hop into one (jay's c-gt)... see him to the side of us?

a few more comin' thx all for makin' this such a nice run... winters in socal are a ... ...
Old 11-26-2004, 12:53 PM
24FPS
Drifting

Default a few more...

group shot... hey guys, please feel free to 'i.d.' yourselves. (left to right?)
btw: guess who lee & son are? - sorry, not all here as alot had already left before this stop.

Old 11-26-2004, 01:41 PM
Father of 3
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Now I'm really sad I missed this ride. You guys have got to tell the whole story.
Old 11-26-2004, 01:43 PM
mnmblu
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey Mike,
You and Jay look like you make a very nice couple, lol. Not that there is anything wrong with that! he he.
Cool Pics Rich.
Old 11-26-2004, 02:15 PM
LeeR
Racer

Great ride. Rich, thanks for organizing, and Fred, thanks for leading. Sorry I left before the last leg; I would have liked to see Jay and his CGT.
Old 11-26-2004, 02:52 PM
opass
Instructor

Oh man.....I left too earlier and missed Jay with his CGT.

so what is the story about the star. Did you guys just happen to run into the CGT?
Old 11-26-2004, 03:35 PM
ericdee
Racer

Originally Posted by opass
Oh man.....I left too earlier and missed Jay with his CGT.

so what is the story about the star. Did you guys just happen to run into the CGT?
Yeah me too!!! By just a few mins., I bet too.
Old 11-26-2004, 04:00 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Very - very - cool....

BTW - if you don't mind - I'll copy this thread to the Rennlist CGT Forum - as I suspect that there are a few folks there that would like to see these pics...!

OUTSTANDING!!!

Best to you,

John D.
Old 11-26-2004, 10:22 PM
Sloth
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Very cool indeed!
Old 11-27-2004, 12:25 PM
24FPS
Drifting

Thumbs up

thx sloth...
posted more shots of the beautiful c-gt on the 993 area (really nice to see & hear it in the hills!)... posted one of noel's gt2 as well !

jay mentioned that he loved the car (his 1st p-car btw) b/c the clutch has been bulletproof... as he occasionally likes be tough on it coming off the line. (can't resist the temptation) hummm.

---cheers
Old 11-27-2004, 06:28 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It was just another typical Thanksgiving Day in So Cal. The temp was a little brisk down at the beach at 7:00 a.m., particularly with a little on shore breeze. Then it was off to meet the folks from the Pelican Board - we took the long way of course; north up PCH from Sunset up Las Flores - Rambla Pacifica - Schuren - to our usual stopping point at TOW. It was then that we noticed a few folks had missed a turn and were AWOL. We figured they would make there way to the Pelican roost, so on we went, down Stunt then Mullholland to the Pelican nesting spot in the Gelson's lot in Calabasas. It was very cool when our little parade of around 10 cars rolled in and passed in front of a row of about 25 Carerra's of various years. We took our spots at the end of the row. After hanging out just long enough for the lost boys to arrive, we decided that we would rather drive than talk, so off we went - The temp had now reached about 70 and the sky was clear blue. I was the last of the cabs to lower the top. Mulholland all the way to PCH where quite a few bailed out to head for home - the remaining five of us headed north to Yerba Buena - and ended up at the overlook on Mulholland just east of Kanan where we hung around watching the crotch rockets do wheelies, doughnuts, and other stupid and annoying tricks. Just when we had decided that we were ready to roll, a sound turned our heads and that is when we saw the CGT powering out of the apex, as he got closer, Jay was immediately recognizable, as were our cars to him, and with a big smile and a wave, he pulled in. He was one of us, the usual car banter, yada, yada, yada, Enzo this, McClaren that -- Jay likes the CGT way better than an Enzo - a self proclaimed "not a Ferarri Guy" - about then the Z8 leading two Carerra's and two Ferarris pull up and hang for a whlile, then the Lotus Elisse pulls in, followed by Noel in his GT-3 and another 996. By the end, the lookout was packed with some very nice hardware. It was time to go and Jay lead the way down to the Rock Store where he stopped to visit with his biker pals. The rest of us drove off to share the morning with friends and family at our Thanksgiving feasts.

It was a great day with many opportunities to give thanks...
Old 11-28-2004, 02:38 PM
GOBOGIE
Budding Photographer
Rennlist Member

Sounded like a lot of fun
Old 11-28-2004, 03:12 PM
fbfisher
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

It was a fun morning. Warm, clear and lots of great cars out enjoying the empty roads.

Quick Reply: socal/malibu... jay leno for pre-turkey run?!