Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Are you bored of your Carrera GT?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2004, 05:03 PM
Baron009
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm. I think it's pretty clear that the CGT is not really meant as a daily driver, and anyone who thinks so must be out of their mind! It's a 'supercar'.. meant for the track, and maybe something for weekend runs. Not really for transportation. It's a toy.
Old 09-30-2004, 11:00 AM
Sloth
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by W8MM
Hi Sloth,

Customer tailoring, which is (some day) new for MY 2005 CGTs, has been "on the way" since early May without any order guide coming to fruition as yet. My only advice is to pound on your dealer to ask Atlanta wazzup wit dis.
The dealer finaly found an option in the computer system that seems to allow for custom color interior and exterior. They are looking into it further, but now we have another dilemma... what colour???
Old 09-30-2004, 11:58 AM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Sloth
... but now we have another dilemma... what colour???
Ah, ... what a sweet dilemma it is.
Old 10-07-2004, 09:54 PM
thegroceryclerk
Intermediate

I think a CGT would look amazing in a dark green tint. I can't get enough of the green.
Old 10-08-2004, 09:18 AM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,070 Likes on 1,182 Posts

This reminds me of the first 993TT I saw at Road America when they first came out. I found out a friend of a friend bought it used - they were just released. Turns out the 1st owner traded in his S class for the TT, drove it a week, traded it back in on a new SL. Some people don't understand these are sports cars. A friend of mine that has a 308 was telling me how hard it is to shift, get into, drive, no room etc.....followed by "I love every second of it" These cars should be in the hands of the right people.
Old 10-08-2004, 04:35 PM
GoFastKindaGuy
Instructor

I love my "toy" transportation. I use it as a daily driver, but I'm in middle of nowhere. I have 1,267 miles now -- and I can use the clutch! Road America tomorrow! I take off the roof if the sun is out and its at least 38 degrees F. I drive in the rain. And I AM out of my mind! HA, HA, HA... Break the rules.

Porsches are not garage queens. If you want just art, buy the poster (or a Ferrari). Drive the SOBs!
Old 10-10-2004, 11:17 AM
Meeyatch1
Instructor

Location: Fishers, Indiana (USA) and Barrie, Ontario (Canada)

Originally Posted by GoFastKindaGuy
I love my "toy" transportation. I use it as a daily driver, but I'm in middle of nowhere. I have 1,267 miles now -- and I can use the clutch! Road America tomorrow! I take off the roof if the sun is out and its at least 38 degrees F. I drive in the rain. And I AM out of my mind! HA, HA, HA... Break the rules.

Porsches are not garage queens. If you want just art, buy the poster (or a Ferrari). Drive the SOBs!

Kudos to you! I am glad that you drive your cars. Next time I am in Wisconsin I will have to keep my eyes open for your Carrera GT.

Quick Reply: Are you bored of your Carrera GT?