An unusal experience

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 03:21 PM
PogueMoHone
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default An unusal experience

My wife and I were in Tuscany earlier this week, and we had rented a convertable since i'm considering a C4S, Turbo or SL.

Anyway, on Sunday evening driving outside Montepulciano, on a narrow two lane road, this dark exoctic form coming along in the stream of traffic catches my eye and ignites my curiosity..remember I'm watching the road as well.

I'm thinking Ferrari, but as it comes closer I see its a C-GT, and I'm busy pointing it out to my wife. Among all the small cars in Italy it looks awesome, very different than in Leipzig where the comparison scale was some what skewed.

But what was really amazing, and I mean amazing, was the sound as it approached and left us (even my wife commented on it). It reminded me of being in pit lane during F1 races.

That sound is worth a $100K alone, and certainly made the convertable rental a very cheap and rewarding experienc experience.

For the whole 9 days and 1400 KM of driving I saw about 30 911s and 3 Boxsters and 3 cayennes (1 Turbo). Plus outside Sienna (5:00 PM) on the Saturday evening there were about 20 Porsches collecting as they were pulling of the Superstrada, any Rennlisters?

Quick Reply: An unusal experience