Awsome post delivery follow up on CGT

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2004, 10:07 PM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally posted by Matt H
Ugggh - all we did was ask for a picture, simple as that.
Well, ... if I might be so bold,... you've all done a bit more than that.

For my 2 cents, calling out someone over not taking loads of pictures of their CGT and posting them for your personal entertainment, and accusing those that don't of being liars, is way over the top.

Din't yo' mama teach you any manners? Maybe you're all still in high school, or still living in your parents' basements?

Some people participate on this board to share information about the cars they own/love. Whatever they choose to share should be their business alone and not subject to ridicule from those who are in no position to add to the knowledge base on this list.

If you guys keep up with this sort of stuff, this will be the last post you'll see from me, with or without posting pix of my CGT next Spring when it arrives.

Go ahead, ... call me a liar now. I dare you.
Old 06-01-2004, 10:12 PM
ben in lj
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hey mike. do the rest of us a favor and don't stop posting just because of a few being rude. they are overwhelmingly in the minority.
Old 06-01-2004, 10:38 PM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally posted by Lead Foot 944
I think you guys are full of ****....! ....
You pull that again - you'll be reading without posting....

Let me inform you folks of a few facts:

- Not everyone who can afford a CGT is going to meet your "challenge". In my view - and theirs - it is stupid. If you need to be convinced with "pictures" and a "drivers license" - that is your problem - NOT theirs.

- Do you know who sits on Rennlist laughing at your posts? Nope - I don't either - at least, not in public. But - I know in private - they do laugh at posts like that (ask me how I know).

In short - they have nothing to prove to you. Neither do I. You want to "issue a challenge" - do it elsewhere. Not here.

- You want to share in the enthusiasm - feel free to do it. You want to perform an indictment - do it elsewhere. That's NOT Rennlist.

I'm pretty sure I'm right.

Move comments like yours above off Rennlist - or I will. Your choice.

And Mike - you keep posting. I'll take care of the riff-raff who are "on a personal vendetta". That's a promise.

John D.
Old 06-02-2004, 12:06 AM
Matt H
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Din't yo' mama teach you any manners? Maybe you're all still in high school, or still living in your parents' basements?

She sure did a long time ago. She also taught me when to say I was wrong. For the record I am long since out of high school and not typing from MY basement (damn dogs wont let me in).

I was being lighthearted in the beginning, that turned a little ugly. Some of it my fault, some the fault of others. I incorrectly assumed that people would see the lighthearted nature (surely after the boobie post) but I was apparently incorrect.

So my apologies to John D and all.

FWIW - not on a vendetta and have never been called riff-raff in my life before.
Old 06-02-2004, 12:12 AM
groa944
Instructor

Ahhh, sweet. I didn't know Mike V. posted here. Wow, you learn something new every day when browsing around rennlist boards you don't usually look at.
Only met you once, when you came to talk to my engineering class at UC, but nice to know you're on the boards Mike.
Old 06-02-2004, 12:14 AM
John D.
Banned

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally posted by Matt H
.....FWIW - not on a vendetta and have never been called riff-raff in my life before.
Yep - that was wrong. I apologize for that. I'm sorry.

However - to your post specifically. It takes a person with principles and pride to make a post such as yours. My thanks for that...

More then you know - but I suspect you do know...

My thanks again, Matt.

John
Old 06-02-2004, 10:39 AM
Howdy993
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

To All -

I concur with Matt H, this was all started in a light hearted manner - see
" :- ) "

Niether Matt H or myself ever accused anyone of being a liar, and explitives were edited when things turned south.

Sorry, but the house I own has no basement and my parents live cross country.

What someone does with their Porsche (356 - CGT) on this board is their business. There are plenty of other interests and activities for entertainment, thank you.

For the record, have no vendetta - possibly riff - raff.
Old 06-02-2004, 11:41 AM
Lead Foot 944
Three Wheelin'

Points Taken..... I was a bit to harsh......! But I just had to say something....! My many sorry's to all...!

DAmian

Last edited by Lead Foot 944; 06-02-2004 at 11:59 AM.
Old 06-17-2004, 08:33 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

You know what I side with both of you. The CGT guys dont have to prove they are who they say they are, thats part of the confidence of bieng that sucessful. On the flip side, us 993 Guys including the positively gracious John D. LOVE pics, we share them all the time in the true Rennlist spirit! We post pics when we get new tire stem cover. We post pics when we wash our cars. We post pics when the family cat stands in front of the car. Heck I'll post a pic now. And of course the CGT being the ultimate Porsche of today I can see why a personal CGT pic is lusted after. the stock pics and even the cars show dont cut it.
here is a pic of my car and my cat and my yard
Of course the CGT crowd is a small community typically in the upper .001 percent of personal income. the 993 crowd goes from College guys barely scraping enough dough to get a 100k mile 95 coupe to guys buying a second or third turbo S for a collectors car.
Sorry guys its not a CGT but it does have 450 hp!
Attached Images  
Old 06-18-2004, 06:23 PM
noony
Racer

Nice cat
Old 06-18-2004, 06:44 PM
Les Quam
Pro

I am asked for pictures of my cars all the time. Although I have a digital camera I have not had the time to figure out how to post them on this board.

There can be many reasons why someone elects not to post pictures on this board. Having caveman like computer skills is just but one reason.
Old 06-21-2004, 06:35 PM
FSAEracer03
TRB0 GUY
Rennlist Member

...soo WHERE THE %$#^# ARE THE &##@#%^ PHOTOS?!?!?!

[yes, I am just kidding!]

OG, the 944/951 crowd are the same way with photos, some of us just like to show off our babies, that's all!

EDIT: ...see my latest thread in the 944 Turbo/S board as proof
Old 06-23-2004, 05:30 PM
jbdmd
Pro

I love this board but...

Dude it is his (Les') car he does not owe any of you She-ite!

You guys have been drinking too much Hatter-aid!

Yeah pictures would be nice...but...its up to him whether or not he posts them.

I just think those here who CHOOSE not to believe him are jeaolous

I got the same thing from random people who couldn't understand how a 30 something black guy from the hood could afford a $90,000 911 cab...ya know how....I MAKE A BOAT LOAD OF MONEY $$$$!!!

jealous? ...good...i am getting a Modena next
Old 06-23-2004, 06:12 PM
OldGuy
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 41 Likes on 6 Posts

You are different than most people on this board Jas. Most people on rennlist would if they "MADE A BOAT LOAD OF MONEY" would have bought a GT3, second if they "MADE A BOAT LOAD OF MONEY" AND PAID TAXES on it
would not give micheal moore the time of day.
But hey thats just my opinion
OhoH my wife told me not to discuss religion or my opinion in public!
oops!
Old 06-23-2004, 06:47 PM
jbdmd
Pro

Originally posted by OldGuy
You are different than most people on this board Jas. Most people on rennlist would if they "MADE A BOAT LOAD OF MONEY" would have bought a GT3, second if they "MADE A BOAT LOAD OF MONEY" AND PAID TAXES on it
would not give micheal moore the time of day.
But hey thats just my opinion
OhoH my wife told me not to discuss religion or my opinion in public!
oops!
yeah
you are right on the gt3...if i had taken the time to educate myself about 911's before walking into a dealership i would have waited for a gt3

no doubt bush helps me keep my money...but remember i am a brutha from the hood my issues with bush are mostly social.....long story....come down to phoenix and i will buy you a beer and we will discuss...HELL I MAKE A BOAT LOAD OF MONEY....I'LL FLY YOU DOWN

While i am a bush detractor I am no big moore or kerry fan....moores movie should be viewed as an op-ed piece in my opinion!

by the way...nice a$$ car!

Quick Reply: Awsome post delivery follow up on CGT