Notices
Porsche Supercars Carrera GT, 918,960
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[CarScoops] Exclusive: Porsche Not Happy With Singer Design’s ACS, Car Pulled Off Web

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2021, 02:08 AM
ipse dixit
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 11,574 Likes on 5,077 Posts
Default [CarScoops] Exclusive: Porsche Not Happy With Singer Design’s ACS, Car Pulled Off Web

https://www.carscoops.com/2021/03/ex...d-off-website/
Old 03-09-2021, 01:36 PM
RennOracle
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Makes sense. There is pretty much nothing Porsche on it and yet there is Porsche written all over it and it looks quite modern, they don't know how reliable, safe, etcetc will be.
They are a manufacturer, not a tuner, called singer so write singer over it, like RUF does.
Old 03-09-2021, 08:41 PM
E-Man
Burning Brakes

Received 317 Likes on 130 Posts

I won't miss it..
Old 03-11-2021, 03:52 AM
acey81
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 17 Posts

Official Porsche 911 Safari edition incoming.
Old 03-15-2021, 01:10 PM
Marantz2270
Pro

Received 292 Likes on 151 Posts

Originally Posted by RennOracle
Makes sense. There is pretty much nothing Porsche on it and yet there is Porsche written all over it and it looks quite modern, they don't know how reliable, safe, etcetc will be.
They are a manufacturer, not a tuner, called singer so write singer over it, like RUF does.
I'm surprised Porsche didn't say something sooner. I think the ACS is a really cool project, and I understand Porsche's desire to not have their branding on it anywhere, whether they are bringing a 911 Safari to market or not.

Regardless, Singer will have no problem selling however many units they planned for this car at what will certainly be an eye-popping price.
Old 03-20-2021, 09:27 AM
RennOracle
Pro

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Marantz2270
I'm surprised Porsche didn't say something sooner. I think the ACS is a really cool project, and I understand Porsche's desire to not have their branding on it anywhere, whether they are bringing a 911 Safari to market or not.

Regardless, Singer will have no problem selling however many units they planned for this car at what will certainly be an eye-popping price.
Don't think the early drawings had the Porsche branding all over it, Porsche (and it's engineers) from the last I heard quite like Singer and a lot of other companies, they have no qualms about them but the excess Porsche branding when they share very little with what they produced.

yeah Singer won't have a problem selling any of their cars for sure, neither Porsche will hunt them behind the scenes. It's a very cool project with some very important Porsche scene companies involved (Tuthill that has gave Porsche quite a lot of good branding value for quite a while)

Quick Reply: [CarScoops] Exclusive: Porsche Not Happy With Singer Design’s ACS, Car Pulled Off Web