Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2020, 01:24 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,622 Likes on 2,308 Posts

Originally Posted by RS Clubsport
Yep Ohlin TTX kit is an option.

Also Manthey do a KW kit with front/ rear lift options.

And Intrax a Dutch company also offer a kit (very good quality dampers).

I’ve a spare set of my originals that leak that I’ve had refurbed, Porsche GB will not repair them or have them repaired if they leak.

I’m due to drive a KW GT this year good modern adjustable dampers will unlocks a lot more potential for the car on the street and track.
keep us posted on the KW GT kit
Old 08-23-2020, 08:32 AM
RS Clubsport
Pro

Received 346 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
keep us posted on the KW GT kit
Sure, no problem.

In terms of quality of product the Ohlins TTX are without doubt the best of the three, however Manthey's input on the KW set up will be very influential on how the car drives. Olaf showed me the first kit they did many years ago, as you would expect it was a very well integrated solution, even down to the access points to the adjustment for the front canisters.

The aftermarket set ups all run lower spring rates than OEM.

On my own car I'm as far as you can go with the OEM set up, I run - 3 degrees on the front (you have to machine the aluminum spacers down between the top wishbone and tub to get this much) and just under 2 degrees on the rear and a bit of toe in rear, bit of toe out front.
Old 08-23-2020, 01:00 PM
schein609
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts

I recently had the KW system installed. I’m super happy with the functionality of the lift and the way the car drives now. My stock shocks were about shot & I was able to get the KW’s at a steep discount since they had been sitting new in the box for a number of years. Replacing stock shock price vs KW/KW install price delta wasn’t that big of a difference so went with latter. KW was a big help with servicing the old shocks and bringing everything up to current spec. LA Workshop 5001 did the install for me, came out great. The biggest change is how much more compliant and the now lack of nervousness (from the rear) the car has. With the stock set up I was constantly waiting for the rear to step out on me, that is now gone. It rides the bumps better and has really increased my confidence level in the car. I can probably lower the car a bit (currently at stock ride height) since the lift raises the car a good 3’’ when engaged.

It is not an easy install by any means but I think the end result is worth it. I’m enjoying the car more and using it more frequently because I’m not stressing about approach angles all the time.

Attached Images  
Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_0143.MOV (14.24 MB, 66 views)
The following 3 users liked this post by schein609:
ewright (08-27-2020), heshalosny (08-26-2020), unotaz (08-23-2020)
Old 08-24-2020, 01:15 AM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 986 Likes on 471 Posts

Originally Posted by schein609
I recently had the KW system installed. I’m super happy with the functionality of the lift and the way the car drives now. My stock shocks were about shot & I was able to get the KW’s at a steep discount since they had been sitting new in the box for a number of years. Replacing stock shock price vs KW/KW install price delta wasn’t that big of a difference so went with latter. KW was a big help with servicing the old shocks and bringing everything up to current spec. LA Workshop 5001 did the install for me, came out great. The biggest change is how much more compliant and the now lack of nervousness (from the rear) the car has. With the stock set up I was constantly waiting for the rear to step out on me, that is now gone. It rides the bumps better and has really increased my confidence level in the car. I can probably lower the car a bit (currently at stock ride height) since the lift raises the car a good 3’’ when engaged.

It is not an easy install by any means but I think the end result is worth it. I’m enjoying the car more and using it more frequently because I’m not stressing about approach angles all the time.

Well, answered that I'll be getting these lol.
Old 08-25-2020, 11:29 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts
Default !

Enjoy - curious how did you know your shocks were about shot and can you elaborate on servicing old shocks. Also can you share contact name at the LA shop. After installing GMG exhaust find myself grabbing the keys more often and would like to improve the handling. Porsche should really spend some R&D as they did the tires on this issue.

Thanks

Last edited by nuvolari612; 08-25-2020 at 11:44 AM.
Old 08-25-2020, 06:26 PM
E-Man
Burning Brakes

Received 317 Likes on 130 Posts

Does anyone know how much KW charges for just the 4 shocks without the lift kit?
Old 08-25-2020, 07:30 PM
schein609
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
Enjoy - curious how did you know your shocks were about shot and can you elaborate on servicing old shocks. Also can you share contact name at the LA shop. After installing GMG exhaust find myself grabbing the keys more often and would like to improve the handling. Porsche should really spend some R&D as they did the tires on this issue.

Thanks
It had a bouncy ride like it was riding on springs with little dampening from the shocks. Shocks were also moist/wet.

https://workshop5001.com/
Owner is Marlon
The following users liked this post:
nuvolari612 (08-25-2020)
Old 08-25-2020, 10:44 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

It had a bouncy ride like it was riding on springs with little dampening from the shocks. Shocks were also moist/wet.

https://workshop5001.com/
Owner is Marlon
Thanks. Mine gets a lil dolphin like at 70 but no moisture ... yet

Last edited by nuvolari612; 08-26-2020 at 09:38 AM.

Quick Reply: Has anyone with a CGT replaced..