Porsche 918 w/Nomex seats

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2020, 08:29 PM
UDPride
Thinking outside da' bun...
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 470 Likes on 242 Posts
Default Porsche 918 w/Nomex seats

Im re-creating a window sticker for a client with a 2015 918 Spyder. Got everything in order EXCEPT the interior syntax of his build Its the first 918 Ive come across with:

Interior Code Option 63: Leather Interior "Weissach Package"..... and then something about the flame-retardant seats. It was a zero-cost potion and I have the syntax for the other interiors like "Leather/Alcantara in Black/Acid Green" but I have a suspicion this Nomex bucket seat option was listed with different (specific) syntax to note its feature.

Anyone out there know what the original window sticker would have said for interior code 63? As some point Porsche also seems to truncate descriptions if they are too long for the character-limit on a line item so it may have been abbreviated as well. I Googled the universe but could not find an image of a window sticker w/the interior. I was hoping perhaps one of you either came across one, have a photo of such a thing I can cherrypick the wording of the interior from, or actually own a 918 with these flame-retardant seals and can regurgitate the syntax for me.

Its the only piece Im missing to wrap this puppy up but its been a wild goose chase so far.

Thanks in advance.
Chris @StuttgartStudios
Old 05-09-2020, 08:54 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,223 Likes on 2,200 Posts

Best of luck with the search Chris. Only thing I would recommend is if you know the dealer it was originally sold at, which I am guessing you do, try and check their Facebook page. Often I have found those sorts of cars posted on their pages a lot of times with the window stickers in pics. If I come across anything, I will let you know.
Old 05-10-2020, 01:44 AM
UDPride
Lifetime Rennlist

Here is the build sheet on this 918 with the flame retardant seats. So it definitely appears to be a USA-spec car.

I dont think theres any way the window ticker said, "Leather Interior 'Weissach Package' in Flame-Retardant Black/Acid Green" as thats too long a description to either fit on the upper left corner of the sticker or in the general options list area. Porsche must have truncated it somehow. Option code 63 looks like a good USA code as I have seen it in several online configurators. Maybe the flame-retardant part is just not mentioned at all?

Hmm. I may ask the owner to send me a pic of the interior. The picture in my head is a pair of bucket seats in a black cloth type Nomex material but I could be wrong. Thanks for the help on this. I did a bunch of Googles for option code 63 to see if I could find a car with it and a window sticker photo to cherrypick, but no such luck.

Old 05-10-2020, 01:53 AM
UDPride
Lifetime Rennlist

Here is the build sheet on this 918 with the flame retardant seats. So it definitely appears to be a USA-spec car.

I dont think theres any way the window ticker said, "Leather Interior 'Weissach Package' in Flame-Retardant Black/Acid Green" as thats too long a description to either fit on the upper left corner of the sticker or in the general options list area. Porsche must have truncated it somehow. Option code 63 looks like a good USA code as I have seen it in several online configurators. Maybe the flame-retardant part is just not mentioned at all?

Hmm. I may ask the owner to send me a pic of the interior. The picture in my head is a pair of bucket seats in a black cloth type Nomex material but I could be wrong. Thanks for the help on this. I did a bunch of Googles for option code 63 to see if I could find a car with it and a window sticker photo to cherrypick, but no such luck.

Ive requested a photo of the seats from the owner. Will post when I get it.

Old 05-10-2020, 03:29 PM
UDPride
Lifetime Rennlist

Here's a photo of the seats. All cloth, no piping.

The following 2 users liked this post by UDPride:
911Vintage (05-12-2020), Garydose (05-13-2020)
Old 05-12-2020, 02:30 PM
Sterling Sackey
Rennlist Member

Received 100 Likes on 54 Posts

#504 is one of my favorite 918s because of those seats, so cool.

Here is the window sticker from #381 (WP0CA2A11FS800381), the only other USA car I know of with these seats.

Hope this helps, enjoy!

The following users liked this post:
911Vintage (05-13-2020)
Old 05-12-2020, 03:01 PM
UDPride
Lifetime Rennlist

Unbelieveable. Yahtzee! No wonder I was having a heck of a time tracking down the intel. Just two cars. Thanks for the help on this. I don think I would have ultimately figured it out myself. Interesting that it doesnt really even mention the seats are flame-retardant.
911Vintage (05-13-2020)
Old 05-17-2020, 12:45 AM
motortrend
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by UDPride
Here's a photo of the seats. All cloth, no piping.

Is this the same car that is currently here in Puerto Rico? The one here has the Salzburg livery and those Nomex seats
Old 05-17-2020, 03:25 AM
UDPride
Lifetime Rennlist

Yep thats the one at Garage Europa. They've had a few 918s. I didnt realize there were so many big spenders in P.R.
motortrend (05-17-2020)
Old 05-17-2020, 12:02 PM
motortrend
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by UDPride
Yep thats the one at Garage Europa. They've had a few 918s. I didnt realize there were so many big spenders in P.R.
The popularity of 918s here is mainly due to plug in hybrids paying no tax, which is normally about 35% on new cars or used imported ones.
UDPride (05-18-2020)

Quick Reply: Porsche 918 w/Nomex seats