Sponsored by:

40000 miles in my GT

Old 06-20-2019, 04:27 PM
RS Clubsport
User

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty View Post
thx on PU grille.
if they would do it, I can buy several sets if that helps.
Have heard back from the Mother ship they can help you chaps out.

If you reach out to [email protected] Riccardo works on the Customer Support Team for 980/918 customers in the UK.

Fantastic guy like all of the individuals that support us over here, enhancing the ownership of these magnificent cars.
Old 06-20-2019, 04:35 PM
RS Clubsport
User

Originally Posted by jimmyrepasi View Post
I'll buy a few sets with Mooty also.

Tremendous to see someone who drives the car so much. Thanks for sharing
Itís not a hardship ;-)

Over the years I admit to falling completely under the spell of my beloved Carrera GT in the 13 years Iíve been her custodian.

Rough count is 50 track days including Spa on slicks and most other EU tracks including Portimao and Barcelona.

Itís done the lot, hard track use, the weekly shop, even taking one of my hounds for a walk.

It is truly one of the greatest automotive creations ever, and I feel privileged to have driven it harder, faster and further than the vast majority.

It is Excalibur.

My wing man who always hops in for a steady ride if the doors open;

The following 2 users liked this post by RS Clubsport:
E-Man (06-25-2019), raclaims (06-22-2019)
Old 06-20-2019, 10:11 PM
CRex
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RS Clubsport View Post
There is a company in Europe who refurbish PCCB now for around $4500 per set of four and I will do this with my old ones.
Would you mind sharing the contact for that refurbisher? I need to redo the ceramics on my 997.2 RS (it was a real track rat and is on its 3rd set now...) ST used to do refurbs but when i reached out last year they said no longer (they'd only refurb their own monolithic rotors, not the OEM composite-fiber type)...

Mad props to you for using this car to the fullest. I told mooty last month that it's my dream to source another high-mileage car, to really drive and experience some of what you described!!

Who did your seats inserts BTW? I used P1 Designs for my 991.2 and was very happy with their pepita product. When i get around my garage projects, the CGT could use some alcantara inserts too...
Old 06-21-2019, 02:45 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Have heard back from the Mother ship they can help you chaps out.

If you reach out to [email protected] Riccardo works on the Customer Support Team for 980/918 customers in the UK.

Fantastic guy like all of the individuals that support us over here, enhancing the ownership of these magnificent cars.

thank u
email sent to riccardo
Old 06-21-2019, 07:07 AM
RS Clubsport
User

Originally Posted by CRex View Post
Would you mind sharing the contact for that refurbisher? I need to redo the ceramics on my 997.2 RS (it was a real track rat and is on its 3rd set now...) ST used to do refurbs but when i reached out last year they said no longer (they'd only refurb their own monolithic rotors, not the OEM composite-fiber type)...

Mad props to you for using this car to the fullest. I told mooty last month that it's my dream to source another high-mileage car, to really drive and experience some of what you described!!

Who did your seats inserts BTW? I used P1 Designs for my 991.2 and was very happy with their pepita product. When i get around my garage projects, the CGT could use some alcantara inserts too...
The company is called Rebrake:
https://www.rebrake.de/refurbishment/?lang=en

Now whilst the product is very good, there have been issues with people not getting the same bells back, taking a long time etc so go in with your eyes open.

The trimmer who did my seat inserts was suggest by Porsche GB:
https://designls.co.uk/

They did a fabulous job. Linas Sadauskas is the contact there.
Old 06-21-2019, 09:51 AM
JustinS
Super User

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Love this ! ! !
Old 06-22-2019, 11:34 AM
CRex
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RS Clubsport
The company is called Rebrake:
https://www.rebrake.de/refurbishment/?lang=en

Now whilst the product is very good, there have been issues with people not getting the same bells back, taking a long time etc so go in with your eyes open.

The trimmer who did my seat inserts was suggest by Porsche GB:
https://designls.co.uk/

They did a fabulous job. Linas Sadauskas is the contact there.
Thanks a lot... Much appreciate the pointers!!
Old 06-23-2019, 12:58 PM
neurotic
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Itís not a hardship ;-)

Over the years I admit to falling completely under the spell of my beloved Carrera GT in the 13 years Iíve been her custodian.

Rough count is 50 track days including Spa on slicks and most other EU tracks including Portimao and Barcelona.

Itís done the lot, hard track use, the weekly shop, even taking one of my hounds for a walk.

It is truly one of the greatest automotive creations ever, and I feel privileged to have driven it harder, faster and further than the vast majority.

It is Excalibur.

am I the only one that gets palpitations and a cold sweat when I see those nails lol
Old 06-25-2019, 05:28 AM
Jrtaylor9
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by RS Clubsport
Itís not a hardship ;-)

It is Excalibur.

I think recognize those seat inserts! I think I briefly met you at Silverstone a few weeks ago. I was in a GR 991.2 Gt3 LHD. You were sharing the garage with a few other Porsche's including a pts silver CGT. I asked you about the harness and that i'd never seen a CGT with harness. Same guy?
Old 06-25-2019, 06:28 AM
isv
User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9 View Post
I think recognize those seat inserts! I think I briefly met you at Silverstone a few weeks ago. I was in a GR 991.2 Gt3 LHD. You were sharing the garage with a few other Porsche's including a pts silver CGT. I asked you about the harness and that i'd never seen a CGT with harness. Same guy?
J - yup same guy but the other GT wasn't there!
Old 06-26-2019, 05:19 PM
Jrtaylor9
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by isv
J - yup same guy but the other GT wasn't there!
Ahhh, that's right, it was 4.0 day!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: