Sponsored by:

CGT ruining me

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2018 | 12:42 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

^ pleasure would be mine
let me know which day and where, i am 90min north of it and i will get there for the meet!
Old 08-29-2018 | 12:48 AM
unotaz
Drifting

Send you a PM.

Originally Posted by mooty
^ pleasure would be mine
let me know which day and where, i am 90min north of it and i will get there for the meet!
Old 12-30-2020 | 05:54 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

It’s official: the CGT has saved me more money in the car hobby than any car I’ve ever owned. I’ve sold short of a dozen cars in the process and slimmed down to the GT and an old rickety early 911. At some point I’ll probably pick up a 981/718cs or some other dedicated track car. But the days of owning a dozen-ish and/or the latest/greatest treadmill are officially behind me. EVEN the mighty 4.0 fell victim as the last one I let go this week. I always assumed it was the one my daughters would be selling one day when I was gone. However, time and time again, when I reached for the keys, I turned around in it early to get in the GT or the old 911. So, those are the two that stayed. I don’t have time for track most likely to start ‘21 but I’m sure I’ll get that bug again and will do proper track car for once.

yeah, the GT is a maintenance hog. Yeah, it’s quirky. Yeah it’s not nearly as practical as any 911. If I wanna go drain a tank of gas on a nice day, there just is no close second. After coming off an 18mo semi-retirement where I could drive anytime I wanted, I wanted to be in the GT or old man despite lots of other things to choose from; the extra variety just started to feel like more dead weight around my neck than fun. Now that I’m back to work and limited driving time, there’s just no question what I’ll choose on precious few days. I COULD see me eventually trading down. If/when I get in CGT and it doesn’t produce goose bumps several drives in a row (as the mighty 4.0 eventually fell victim), I think I’ll goto some version of a b spyder. The longer I’m in this hobby, the less it is about whether I am in the most incredible car ever manufactured and more about the people/experiences. I think the b spyder has been the best car I’ve ever owned (sold when left UK) that allowed me to do just that with the best trade-off of fun, use-ability and somewhat carefree. I am a LOT of miles away from selling the GT but I bet the day comes and I swap it out for a baby-GT with one missing zero at the end

in the meantime, I’m hoping for one of those cloudless 50 deg days in the northeast to get her out again. We are all blessed to have owned this beast. But, again, I have learned even a CGT will feel “normal” at some point. It has gone longer than anything I’ve owned at NOT getting to that stage. Again, I’m learning it’s less about picking from any one of my own fleet of toys; it’s about the people, experiences and story telling more than anything.

Happy new year.

Last edited by Jrtaylor9; 12-30-2020 at 05:58 PM.
The following 4 users liked this post by Jrtaylor9:
17bhub (12-31-2020), BusDriver (01-02-2021), HDA (01-08-2021), raclaims (01-01-2021)
Old 12-31-2020 | 02:29 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

^ right on. and try a well set up 914/6, not many out there. maybe 20... you will be amazed.
Old 12-31-2020 | 08:46 AM
tstafford
Race Car

Originally Posted by Jrtaylor9
It’s official: the CGT has saved me more money in the car hobby than any car I’ve ever owned. I’ve sold short of a dozen cars in the process and slimmed down to the GT and an old rickety early 911. At some point I’ll probably pick up a 981/718cs or some other dedicated track car. But the days of owning a dozen-ish and/or the latest/greatest treadmill are officially behind me. EVEN the mighty 4.0 fell victim as the last one I let go this week. I always assumed it was the one my daughters would be selling one day when I was gone. However, time and time again, when I reached for the keys, I turned around in it early to get in the GT or the old 911. So, those are the two that stayed. I don’t have time for track most likely to start ‘21 but I’m sure I’ll get that bug again and will do proper track car for once.

yeah, the GT is a maintenance hog. Yeah, it’s quirky. Yeah it’s not nearly as practical as any 911. If I wanna go drain a tank of gas on a nice day, there just is no close second. After coming off an 18mo semi-retirement where I could drive anytime I wanted, I wanted to be in the GT or old man despite lots of other things to choose from; the extra variety just started to feel like more dead weight around my neck than fun. Now that I’m back to work and limited driving time, there’s just no question what I’ll choose on precious few days. I COULD see me eventually trading down. If/when I get in CGT and it doesn’t produce goose bumps several drives in a row (as the mighty 4.0 eventually fell victim), I think I’ll goto some version of a b spyder. The longer I’m in this hobby, the less it is about whether I am in the most incredible car ever manufactured and more about the people/experiences. I think the b spyder has been the best car I’ve ever owned (sold when left UK) that allowed me to do just that with the best trade-off of fun, use-ability and somewhat carefree. I am a LOT of miles away from selling the GT but I bet the day comes and I swap it out for a baby-GT with one missing zero at the end

in the meantime, I’m hoping for one of those cloudless 50 deg days in the northeast to get her out again. We are all blessed to have owned this beast. But, again, I have learned even a CGT will feel “normal” at some point. It has gone longer than anything I’ve owned at NOT getting to that stage. Again, I’m learning it’s less about picking from any one of my own fleet of toys; it’s about the people, experiences and story telling more than anything.

Happy new year.
Well said. I've been terribly guilty of cycling thru Porsches with the worst moves being attempts to gild the lily (my Singer experiences). Although I guess I'm glad to have done all that. I'm also glad to feel like I'm off the wheel. Now just to stay there. . .
Old 12-31-2020 | 11:12 AM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Happy new year.

Get that...granted uh, now I've done gone and traded my first CGT for a darker one 😂😂😂. You're never truly off the saddle until you're under the horse so to speak 🙈.
The following users liked this post:
raclaims (01-01-2021)
Old 12-31-2020 | 11:26 AM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

I LOVE the CGT in black. I’m too lazy to keep any car looking good in black. Once upon a time my garage looked like a skittles factory! Somehow I ended up with two silvers?
Old 12-31-2020 | 07:01 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

I LOVE the CGT in black. I’m too lazy to keep any car looking good in black. Once upon a time my garage looked like a skittles factory! Somehow I ended up with two silvers?

Well, apparently I'm just a masochist then...couldnt resist the car in black, anyways that's what a clear bra is for, so I can just wipe the car down 98 percent of the time instead of needing to fully wash it. Modern day solutions to classic problems (errrr laziness) at its best.
The following users liked this post:
Napoli (01-01-2021)
Old 01-01-2021 | 08:19 AM
Napoli
Racer

Originally Posted by sechsgang
Get that...granted uh, now I've done gone and traded my first CGT for a darker one 😂😂😂. You're never truly off the saddle until you're under the horse so to speak 🙈.
Wha...? That didn't take long. Pics?
Old 01-01-2021 | 02:01 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Napoli
Wha...? That didn't take long. Pics?
Will take when it's delivered here. Its a very, very fresh car lol.
The following 2 users liked this post by sechsgang:
Garydose (01-09-2021), Napoli (01-01-2021)
Old 01-01-2021 | 07:59 PM
Jrtaylor9
Rennlist Member

A CGT of any color is work of art, let alone black. Congrats.
Old 01-02-2021 | 01:40 AM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

A CGT of any color is work of art, let alone black. Congrats.

Always was in love with a CGT in black...
Old 01-04-2021 | 02:55 AM
mooty
Lifetime Rennlist

I love black cars, as long as they re not mine
The following 2 users liked this post by mooty:
CGT000 (01-04-2021), Garydose (01-09-2021)
Old 01-04-2021 | 01:29 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mooty
I love black cars, as long as they re not mine

😂 I mean I like grey too...lol.
Old 01-04-2021 | 01:33 PM
997turbocab
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by sechsgang
😂 I mean I like grey too...lol.
What are you doing with your old one????

Quick Reply: CGT ruining me