Notices
Porsche Supercars Carrera GT, 918,960
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help... Hunting for a CGT in the UK/Europe - Good Price and What to look out for

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2018, 09:00 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Received 127 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Whoopsy
And now your turn, this one is addressed to you buddy

No one dispute the fact that the CGT is not for the faint of heart. Some member here can ride it like a horse on track, see wtdoom.

Unlike you sweating about the 'value' on a CGT, which you keep blowing it up to be a million dollar car, I couldn't care less about the 918's pricing. They are coming back. just like the CGT over the auctions. I am actually HAPPY about the price coming down, cause that means I can drive it again.

Of course nothing is confirmed with you on the Speedster, but it doesn't mean others also doesn't know anything But knowing and posting is two different thing.

But does it matter to 918 owners? Nah, not a single bit. The entertainment is not from the car but from reading posts from people like you who try to downplay it, just like you did with the 911R I believe. Me? I am not sweating it. I don't need to, an offer to buy the car at MSRP will come to me when the time comes. Just like any other car Porsche makes, from way back when the .1GT3 came out, which I turned that one down. Macan? I took a Macan S. .1 GT3RS?got one of the first ones. 911R? Did a 2300km Euro delivery trip last year. .2 GT3? Took delivery of mine back in December. New Panamera Turbo S? Got one config-ed, not sure if I want it yet. New Cayenne? They are sending us to South Africa to do a test drive from Windhoek to Cape Town in April; Turbo S Exclusive? Picking it up at the factory April 18th. GT2RS? Picking that one up at the factory June 29th. .2 GT3RS? It is coming too.

Oh, and the CGT? The price are coming back down to me, still waiting, not in a hurry to get one. But eventually.

But I am not just buying Porsches, already got a Aston Vantage V12S with the dogleg; A Lamborghini Huracan Spyder, turned down the offer buy a Performannte; commissioned a Ridler Award winner to build me a hot rod and also JUST bought a Alfa Romeo 4C. Not to mention a Golf R that I bought last year also.

Seriously, I really am not sweating at all about cars to buy. Think I am only just focusing on another gift from Porsche aka Speedster? Nope.
Not hurt as you may think just calling it the way I see it - and never mentioned the price of a 918 that's all you

Currently have a deposit on .2RS and Aventador JOTA

Viper is a very cool piece of history you should consider I think you would be pleasantly surprised. Attended the Performante debut in Miami there will be another limited lighter faster Huracan.

Simply saying the CGT is worlds apart from the 991 and the 918 while impressive both are soft at heart. Whoopsy please realize this is all in good fun as you are one of the few 918 guys who share unlike the rest who hang out on the private fb page. I guess it's time to address the R - simply stated they were not worth the money and since have dropped. Will be the first to admit I am not a Porsche nut but at half the price of it's competition and the last of NA generation it has caught my attention - very impressive.

As far as the Viper - it's a treasure but far from the CGT the only car that compares is 458 Speciale another car worth ones consideration. Coming full circle the CGT is the only Porsche super car that they literally broke the molds unlike the 959 and 918 that's just my opinion unlike the values those are what they are and to be honest I truly could care less about the value of my or anyone else's it's just a hobby. On the other hand speeds times sounds enjoyment - all ears

Last edited by nuvolari612; 02-13-2018 at 10:36 AM.
Old 02-13-2018, 01:18 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,274 Likes on 528 Posts

Vipers are cool. if you find another good one, please go ahead and buy it up. 3 of my friends are hoarding them right now, between the 3 of them they got over 50 already, and just picked up another 10 last month in Scottsdale. There is only one way the price will go from now on.

458 Speciale, that's one car I regret selling. Never felt that way with any cars I have sold, trying to buy back my own car actually.

Oh the 911R. God. I am actually one of the few owners that didn't think highly of it, which actually puts me on the same page as you . It's a good car, but for driving pleasures, my Aston tops it. So do my Turbo 3.6. But it does have a place in Porsche's history though.
Old 02-13-2018, 03:45 PM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Received 250 Likes on 144 Posts

That was some very enjoyable banter to read.

you guys both have great collections.
Old 02-14-2018, 10:23 AM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Vipers are cool. if you find another good one, please go ahead and buy it up. 3 of my friends are hoarding them right now, between the 3 of them they got over 50 already, and just picked up another 10 last month in Scottsdale. There is only one way the price will go from now on.

458 Speciale, that's one car I regret selling. Never felt that way with any cars I have sold, trying to buy back my own car actually.

Oh the 911R. God. I am actually one of the few owners that didn't think highly of it, which actually puts me on the same page as you . It's a good car, but for driving pleasures, my Aston tops it. So do my Turbo 3.6. But it does have a place in Porsche's history though.
You have an appetite for great ones - grab the Speciale back plus a Viper guarantee a huge smile added stage 2 guessing upper 700 hp some other mods a modern day Yenko.

Attended Chiron showing no way spending that money but they claim their avg owner has 40+ cars - which made me feel good about having this addiction.

Hopefully the CGT owners gain knowledge here and that's the double edged sword of the 918 owners who left here to start their private fb page - no offense to you but to others it's deplorable the forum deserves the 918 to be shared in volumes here. Seeing members use this forum to direct owners to a private fb page - makes no sense IMO and that's my rub with the 918 owners. Those same owners will knock other cars that compete with the 918 after reading posts but in turn never post about their 918 with the acceptation of yourself.
Old 02-14-2018, 01:10 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by nuvolari612
You have an appetite for great ones - grab the Speciale back plus a Viper guarantee a huge smile added stage 2 guessing upper 700 hp some other mods a modern day Yenko.

Attended Chiron showing no way spending that money but they claim their avg owner has 40+ cars - which made me feel good about having this addiction.

Hopefully the CGT owners gain knowledge here and that's the double edged sword of the 918 owners who left here to start their private fb page - no offense to you but to others it's deplorable the forum deserves the 918 to be shared in volumes here. Seeing members use this forum to direct owners to a private fb page - makes no sense IMO and that's my rub with the 918 owners. Those same owners will knock other cars that compete with the 918 after reading posts but in turn never post about their 918 with the acceptation of yourself.
There is a valid reason for some of the 918 owners to go 'hide' in the 918 Group on FB. Quite a few are high profile people, they want to remain anonymous enough that they even create bogus account on FB just to join. I am the admin so I had to approve each, hence I know the actual identity, but that secret stays with me. Others don't want their ownership of a 918 be known, either in real life and/or in forums.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:59 PM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 108 Likes on 46 Posts

There is a valid reason for some of the 918 owners to go 'hide' in the 918 Group on FB. Quite a few are high profile people, they want to remain anonymous enough that they even create bogus account on FB just to join. I am the admin so I had to approve each, hence I know the actual identity, but that secret stays with me. Others don't want their ownership of a 918 be known, either in real life and/or in forums.
It's a HIPPA violation to expose patients suffering from an acute car jones ;~)
Old 02-14-2018, 03:51 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

There are more owners of the CGT yet owners post the good the bad the ugly certainly not all 1200 and they are fine under the guise of a screen name but the 918 guys are not ... if you want to justify that - it is what it is but it's just not true.

Here are two 918 owners in this CGT thread who could post about their 918 but choose otherwise.

So the double edge sword - CGT owners post cars those for sale to maintenance down to providing invoices etc. The 918 owners appear to be a snob or something to hide ... it's the guise you all created but please don't tell me the 918 owners have more wealth than the CGT owners many more likely most owned both either way I dislike battery cars and even more so soft cars porky cars which is just my opinion but it certainly is not because I could not afford one and if i owned you can bet your bottom dollar it would be here in volumes because that's what car guys do. Ford GT is having massive problems but they are all told to hush and let Ford take care of it - again it is my opinion that buying a 918 Porsche's top car and hiding causes one to think there is a reason ... and that's just odd behavior from people who buy a car. Imagine if all the CGT owners did the same as 918 owners ... the difference men of which you qualify and boys who have something to hide ... it's a car!
Old 02-14-2018, 03:59 PM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

... The 918 owners appear to be a snob or something to hide ... it's the guise you all created but please don't tell me the 918 owners have more wealth than the CGT owners many more likely most owned both.
Who said anything about wealth? Even so, I wouldn't take your side of that bet. Perhaps it is possible to confuse wealth with current cash flow?

How many of the outed CGT owners can converse from experience on the subject of private aviation vs. the 918 crowd?

I've owned both cars and don't see why your crowd is so envious of, or upset with, the "private" 918 customer. Is there a moral compulsion to reveal one's garage contents?

I'm an EX-CGT owner.
Old 02-14-2018, 04:02 PM
nuvolari612
Drifting

Originally Posted by W8MM
It's a HIPPA violation to expose patients suffering from an acute car jones ;~)
You are correct - there is truth to that.

But here I am sharing pictures and every bit of knowledge to help someone buy a CGT ... so what's your excuse

I take my cars to fund raisers give rides C&C talk to people at gas stations - it's what car guys have done since the 2nd car was created meaning when the second car was built it raced the first car. When we got a bike we raced the neighbor and so on. It's the friendliest environment where car guys share information compete and enjoy ... the entire premise of this forum but for the 918 owners!
Old 02-14-2018, 04:07 PM
W8MM
Addict
Rennlist Member

But here I am sharing pictures and every bit of knowledge to help someone buy a CGT ... so what's your excuse
I've freely given plenty of my knowledge and experience as a former CGT owner. I don't need any excuse.
Old 02-14-2018, 07:38 PM
Whoopsy
Rennlist Member

I take my cars to fund raisers give rides C&C talk to people at gas stations - it's what car guys have done since the 2nd car was created meaning when the second car was built it raced the first car. When we got a bike we raced the neighbor and so on. It's the friendliest environment where car guys share information compete and enjoy ... the entire premise of this forum but for the 918 owners!
There are just some people who are more private than other private people.

They still want to share, but not to the at times hostile crowd of Rennlist. You have been here for a long time, I am sure you have noticed the degradation of quality on this board. Not to mention the uncalled for hostility toward 918 VIPs. The anger should have been directed at the dealers, not the VIPs. Not our fault that VIP get offered rare cars and not our fault that we can all afford to buy them all. But it is the fault of the dealers to try and make up those 'lost' profits aka ADM from other cars they received.

People just get sick of that and leave that's all. Some of them still frequent the board, they just don't post like I do.
Old 02-14-2018, 07:52 PM
BrntRubber
Three Wheelin'

Received 250 Likes on 144 Posts

There are just some people who are more private than other private people.

They still want to share, but not to the at times hostile crowd of Rennlist. You have been here for a long time, I am sure you have noticed the degradation of quality on this board. Not to mention the uncalled for hostility toward 918 VIPs. The anger should have been directed at the dealers, not the VIPs. Not our fault that VIP get offered rare cars and not our fault that we can all afford to buy them all. But it is the fault of the dealers to try and make up those 'lost' profits aka ADM from other cars they received.

People just get sick of that and leave that's all. Some of them still frequent the board, they just don't post like I do.
The 918 VIPs deserve first crack at all cars. They committed a significant chunk of cash to the brand on a car that Porsche themselves thought would be tough to sell.

If I spend a million bucks on 7 cars or 1 car with a single dealer in year I expect to be a VIP.
Old 02-14-2018, 08:42 PM
tims16m
Racer

Received 111 Likes on 44 Posts

That is a good point . Buying a 918 was like buying 5 of Porsche’s top line cars, all at once.
Old 02-15-2018, 01:14 AM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,825 Likes on 2,388 Posts

nouvalari and whoopsy, i dont have 918 and am trying to find a CGT.
but reading your banters, gentlemanly banter, is very entertaining.
no mud slinging like the GT3 board.
keep it up, i am learning big time
Old 02-15-2018, 11:31 AM
K964
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by mooty
nouvalari and whoopsy, i dont have 918 and am trying to find a CGT.
but reading your banters, gentlemanly banter, is very entertaining.
no mud slinging like the GT3 board.
keep it up, i am learning big time
mooty: Do it!!!

Quick Reply: Help... Hunting for a CGT in the UK/Europe - Good Price and What to look out for