Macan 2014-Current

2019/2020 Macan Dash Clock

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2019, 10:23 PM
OldJedi
Burning Brakes

Received 564 Likes on 283 Posts
Default 2019/2020 Macan Dash Clock

For those of you that have seen the new model Macan does it come with a clock on top of the dash as standard equipment? The configurator does not show a clock on the dash on any of the models. I have been debating whether to get the compass on the dash rather than just having a flat top dash. I will be ordering a base Macan and have no need for Sport Chrono.
Old 05-23-2019, 10:51 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 162 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by OldJedi
For those of you that have seen the new model Macan does it come with a clock on top of the dash as standard equipment? The configurator does not show a clock on the dash on any of the models. I have been debating whether to get the compass on the dash rather than just having a flat top dash. I will be ordering a base Macan and have no need for Sport Chrono.
Every 2019 I’ve seen has had it.
Old 05-24-2019, 12:09 AM
OldJedi
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by CarGuyNVA
Every 2019 I’ve seen has had it.
Thanks, that is good to hear that the new Macan has the dash clock. I wonder why it does not show on the configurator?
Old 05-24-2019, 08:27 AM
burnsy1
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, that is good to hear that the new Macan has the dash clock. I wonder why it does not show on the configurator?
I just tried it on the S and it shows if you add the Sport Chrono Package
Old 05-24-2019, 03:13 PM
Linear Thinker
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 2019 S just arrived at the dealership, I ran over to check it out and set up the delivery. Yes, it has the analog clock at the top of the dash. I believe it's standard on US models. I did not order the Sport-Chrono, which would have added the digital display and stopwatch function.
Old 05-24-2019, 03:31 PM
OldJedi
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Linear Thinker
My 2019 S just arrived at the dealership, I ran over to check it out and set up the delivery. Yes, it has the analog clock at the top of the dash. I believe it's standard on US models. I did not order the Sport-Chrono, which would have added the digital display and stopwatch function.
Thanks guys, I really appreciate the information and glad to see that it is an issue with the configurator. I do not plan to order SC on our base Macan but after looking at the flat dash on the configurator, it definitely needs either the clock or the compass on top of the dash.
Old 05-24-2019, 04:38 PM
CarGuyNVA
Drifting

Received 162 Likes on 126 Posts

Thanks guys, I really appreciate the information and glad to see that it is an issue with the configurator. I do not plan to order SC on our base Macan but after looking at the flat dash on the configurator, it definitely needs either the clock or the compass on top of the dash.
I was at my dealer today for an oil change and while there I saw two more ‘19 Macan S models. Neither had Sport Chrono option but both had the dash mounted clock as standard.

It’s not unusual for Porsche’s configurator to lag for a while, they do constant updates so it gets more accurate as time goes on with a newer model.
Old 05-24-2019, 08:48 PM
Todd B

Rennlist Member

Received 433 Likes on 325 Posts

It was the same way with the 2017 models, cnfigurator didn’t show it but all US models came with the analog clock without the stop watch function. To get the stop watch you need to add sport chrono.
Old 05-24-2019, 09:58 PM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

Yes, I have been very frustrated by the horrible inconsistencies of the Porsche online configurator, and this has been written about elsewhere. There are many things on the configurator for Porsche models that are inconsistent, or just plain wrong -- and not just the photos, but the explanations of the options and the list of the standard features. Lots of mistakes. As I've said elsewhere, I would fire the people doing the configurator for ineptitude, and hire people who are more careful and diligent in providing accurate information, as so any Porsche owners/buyers and potential customers rely heavily on the configurator for spending boatloads of money.

I also pointed out the missing clock on the Macan configurator to multiple dealers, and they just shrug. (The photo will show the compass if you add that option, but it won't show the clock as standard.). Evidently the analog clock is standard on all Macans delivered to the US, but it is not standard in other countries like the UK. Even information regarding the optional compass is lacking -- like what the compass can show (time, altitude, digital compass bearing, etc.).
Old 03-20-2020, 11:47 PM
ameran
AutoX

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cometguy
Yes, I have been very frustrated by the horrible inconsistencies of the Porsche online configurator, and this has been written about elsewhere. There are many things on the configurator for Porsche models that are inconsistent, or just plain wrong -- and not just the photos, but the explanations of the options and the list of the standard features. Lots of mistakes. As I've said elsewhere, I would fire the people doing the configurator for ineptitude, and hire people who are more careful and diligent in providing accurate information, as so any Porsche owners/buyers and potential customers rely heavily on the configurator for spending boatloads of money.

I also pointed out the missing clock on the Macan configurator to multiple dealers, and they just shrug. (The photo will show the compass if you add that option, but it won't show the clock as standard.). Evidently the analog clock is standard on all Macans delivered to the US, but it is not standard in other countries like the UK. Even information regarding the optional compass is lacking -- like what the compass can show (time, altitude, digital compass bearing, etc.).
I believe one reason why Porsche configurator does not show the analog clock on the dash is, that people would automatically add the sport chrono package, just the stop watch or the campus, because dashboard looks so empty without a clock. This way, they can make more money with the packages.

I ordered 2020 Macan S without the sport packag, but I knew the analog clock is included after talking to the dealership. Delivery date is June 12th, but with the coronavirus situation, I won't see my Macan S till the end of the year. 😭
Old 03-21-2020, 05:53 PM
jackporsche09
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Yes the clock appears to be on all Macans. My wife just took delivery on a 2020 base model and it did have the clock which is automatically synced to the digital clock
Old 03-21-2020, 08:33 PM
Aldo
Advanced

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Am I alone in thinking that a huge clock sprouting from the center of the dash looks really odd? Others have asked me "what's the deal with that clock?" I've gotten used to it but I honestly don't think I ever check the time on it.
Old 03-22-2020, 08:37 AM
OliverK68
Burning Brakes

Received 377 Likes on 220 Posts

Originally Posted by Aldo
Am I alone in thinking that a huge clock sprouting from the center of the dash looks really odd? Others have asked me "what's the deal with that clock?" I've gotten used to it but I honestly don't think I ever check the time on it.
There are clocks all over the place in this vehicle.

On my 2020, I have the dash clock, a clock in the multifunction display, and just in case I don’t trust the first two, I can press the home button on the PCM and display two more.
Old 03-22-2020, 05:32 PM
Paliknight
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by OliverK68

On my 2020, I have the dash clock, a clock in the multifunction display, and just in case I don’t trust the first two, I can press the home button on the PCM and display two more.
Old 03-23-2020, 02:19 AM
cometguy
Burning Brakes

Received 219 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by OliverK68

The clock housing on center dashboard comes standard in the USA for four-door Porsches, I think, but not in all other countries. Not sure why, but I'm guessing that Porsche USA has something to do with what's standard here and what's not. I personally think it's pretty cool, but I don't like the Porsche clocks with only one hand (I don't track my cars, so never would use the chronometer at the center) so I ordered the compass, which I think looks very cool (and shows a digital clock and digital elevation about sea level). I know that my passengers use the center clock in the dashboard "shelter", so that may be its main purpose; I think that I look more at the time in my instrument cluster or on the center computer screen than I do the time on my analog compass on the dash. But it's very Porsche-esque, and Porsche designers even included an analog clock housing on the center dashboard of the new Taycan, which YouTube reviewers kinda marvel at, given that it's an electric car.

Quick Reply: 2019/2020 Macan Dash Clock