Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2016, 05:20 PM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 952 Likes on 529 Posts
Default Nostalgic about Daytona

Ten years ago this week our visionary and fearless leader Michael Levitas put together the dream team to contend in the prestigious North American endurance race, the Rolex-24 at Daytona. This was our third year competing in this race. In the previous years we were fortunate to capture the class pole position in qualifying but didn't make the best split second decisions nor had the luck to be at the center of the podium. Two years of finishing second place with very quick car/drivers was just disappointing. But that didn't stop us from taking another run at it. The third year, more teams and newer model cars came to the competition. We didn't have the quickest car in the field but the rest have came together for our team. Micheal Levitas, Randy Pobst, Spencer Pumpelly, and Ian Baas turned near or better than qualifying times throughout the distance. Our crew made flawless pit stops not losing one second on pit lane to the competitors despite having air jack failure at the halfway point. We were the only team using a floor jack to change four tires during pit stops. One of many memorable moments was choreographing brake pad changes using a floor jack without losing a lap during hot track. The maneuver was complex and risky with the whole race was at stake for us. After I told Mike about it, he looked at me with a sense of believe and inspired the confidence to pull it off. It was a Sweet Sweet Win for the whole team, and it was an amazing adventure. One that I will always be glad to be apart of. I remember it like yesterday as I look at this 2005 996 GT3 Cup gracefully sleeping in our office. This year I will be watching the race on TV and wishing all the teams a great and fair run.

TPC Racing stats:
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge 992 Cup Am Champion
2023 Porsche Sprint Challenge GT4 Pro-Am Team Champion
2022 Porsche Sprint Challenge 992 Cup & 991 Cup Champion
2020 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge 2nd Championship
2018 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge 2nd Championship
2016 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champion
2013 IMSA GT3 Cup Challenge Champion
2006 Rolex-24 @ Daytona GT Champion
2004 Grand-Am SGS Class Champion

Old 01-28-2016, 06:33 PM
RSRRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 182 Likes on 96 Posts

I remember that as well as if it were last year!

I had just bought my first cup car from Mike (a factory yellow 2000 cup) and he brought it to Sebring PCA race just after his victory. It was really cool to be with the 24 hour winning team even if only for PCA.

May God bless Mike and his family at this time!
Old 01-28-2016, 08:06 PM
Steve113
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 151 Posts

Very cool
Old 01-28-2016, 10:06 PM
GWF911
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for posting. This will be my first year watching it on TV and hopefully there live next year. I just bought my first Porsche last spring and the second came in the fall so I am addicted. Maybe if all goes well could do this race in s few years with one.
Old 01-29-2016, 09:53 AM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by RSRRacer
I remember that as well as if it were last year!

I had just bought my first cup car from Mike (a factory yellow 2000 cup) and he brought it to Sebring PCA race just after his victory. It was really cool to be with the 24 hour winning team even if only for PCA.

May God bless Mike and his family at this time!
Thank you for your kind words. If you are going to Sebring next week you can tell Mike in person. :-)
Old 01-29-2016, 09:54 AM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Steve113
Very cool
Thank you.
Old 01-29-2016, 10:04 AM
Tom@TPC Racing
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by GWF911
Thanks for posting. This will be my first year watching it on TV and hopefully there live next year. I just bought my first Porsche last spring and the second came in the fall so I am addicted. Maybe if all goes well could do this race in s few years with one.
Thank you for reading. Welcome to the addiction and hope you enjoy the ownership at the fullest!
Old 01-30-2016, 12:30 AM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 386 Likes on 196 Posts

Thanks for sharing Tom. Those are priceless memories.

I'll be watching from 10,000 miles away, from my home track in southern China...

Safe driving for all the folks this weekend!
Old 01-30-2016, 04:29 PM
Juha G
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 31 Posts

Cool! Thanks for sharing!!

Markus and Jesse are driving the Turner Motorsport M6 so even though I'm not watching the race, I get constant updates via Facebook...

Quick Reply: Nostalgic about Daytona