Sponsored by: Race Cars For You

Air Jack seal kit?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2015, 11:10 PM
claykos
Burning Brakes

Received 101 Likes on 45 Posts
Default Air Jack seal kit?

One of my rear airjacks (997 cup style) blew a seal this past weekend. Does anyone know where to get a seal kit for it?
Old 05-14-2015, 11:12 PM
Schist4Brainz
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you sure you blew a seal? It could just be some mayonnaise from lunch.
Old 05-15-2015, 05:31 AM
Rickard 993 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There is no seal kit

Send for renovation

I have 2 used one for sale that need renovation
Old 05-15-2015, 10:21 AM
claykos
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Rickard 993 Turbo
There is no seal kit

Send for renovation

I have 2 used one for sale that need renovation
Nobody sells the parts to do it myself? ???
Old 05-15-2015, 12:42 PM
Toby Pennycuff
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 148 Likes on 98 Posts

BTDT on the Sobek air jacks. Cup Car Solutions is your only alternative.

If you are running the Krontec jacks, you might have more luck.
Old 05-15-2015, 12:59 PM
claykos
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Toby Pennycuff
BTDT on the Sobek air jacks. Cup Car Solutions is your only alternative.

If you are running the Krontec jacks, you might have more luck.
:/
That sucks. I have the krontec 997 jacks.

Maybe I'll take it apart and see if i can source the seals.
Old 05-20-2015, 02:23 AM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 387 Likes on 196 Posts

Originally Posted by claykos
:/
Maybe I'll take it apart and see if i can source the seals.
Careful--manufacturer warns specifically that the jacks may be under pressure even when disconnected.

Cupcarsolutions is a dead end. Spoke with Jack Gilsdorf three times over a period of five weeks. The man doesn't care about business and doesn't follow up despite bona efforts at reaching out to him and completing a transaction on entirely his terms. I have ZERO respect for people who pretend to do business and yet have no intention of following up, particularly after the customer has repeatedly demonstrated good faith. I will repeat the same every time I see that name mentioned.

A two-bit operation like cupcarsolutions does not deserve business.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:05 PM
Stuttgart
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts

Hi CRex,
If I may chime in, my name is Phil Gilsdorf. I started Cup Car Solutions 12 years ago while in college as a small business. As longtime active porsche club racers we were tired of getting gouged by Porsche Motorsport NA and created this business to help out other fellow racers. Up until that point, no one offered air-jack rebuild services or support for the Sobek fluid systems. My father Jack took over running the business and I think the majority of the amateur and pro teams alike will attest to the fact that we provide a useful service to the US racing community. With that said, the business does not sell outside North America, does not accept credit cards and Jack does not do email, but he is usually readily available at the number listed on the website.

Now in regards to your specific issues. As I understand it, you were calling from Hong Kong and left a message with a Hong Kong telephone number, which did not connect when redialed. When Jack did get in touch with you I believe he made it clear that Cup Car Solutions does not have the distribution rights outside the US and cannot ship to Hong Kong. It was suggested that you reach out to Krontec in Germany to find the appropriate distributor for asia, but you refused that. You proposed possibly finding a place to ship it in Los Angeles, which he was willing to work with you on, but you never came back with specifics. And now you come out on Rennlist to smear the business?

I have zero respect for you sir, good day and good luck with your search for porsche parts in Hong Kong.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:32 PM
claykos
Burning Brakes

Phil, can you guys provide a rebuild (seal) kit for the krontec 997 jacks?
Old 05-21-2015, 08:39 PM
Stuttgart
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts

Hi Claykos, We do not supply a seal kit, but give Jack a shout at 404-992-0809 and he can give you the run down on rebuild service. As others have mentioned I would not attempt to take it apart, the Krontecs are under pressure.
Old 05-21-2015, 08:40 PM
claykos
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Stuttgart
Hi Claykos, We do not supply a seal kit, but give Jack a shout at 404-992-0809 and he can give you the run down on rebuild service. As others have mentioned I would not attempt to take it apart, the Krontecs are under pressure.
Ok, thanks. Mine won't hold pressure - so pretty sure its not under any!
Old 05-21-2015, 09:28 PM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Phil, get your facts right, please.

You are adjusting the story all on fronts to suit your convenience.

I first spoke with Jack in early April by phone. Identified myself and told him about my circumstances. He was quick to point out that he deals in the states, to which I said of course, ship to my Cali address or even my NY location. All is cool then and there, he also made it clear he wanted a bank wire. No problem I said, just provide your bank details. He said he was heading to a race that weekend and would get back to me if I emailed him my request, which I did.

Fast forward another two weeks, no response to the initial email and my courteous follow-up. Called him again. He said he's never seen my emails. Nevermind, I told him again that I'm good to go. Sent another email and ask him to please just send bank details.

No response. Another call. Same same. I gave up.

During this whole process it was evidently clear that mine was a Cali/NY order and would be done entirely on your terms. It was a case of the ball getting dropped, and had nothing to do with the reasons you're now claiming after the fact.

So please, do not adjust the facts to blame the customer. That wool-over-eyes approach ALWAYS BACKFIRES esp. in this age of perfect information. This is a small community, and service of this kind will not go unnoticed.

This "email" you referred to, in which Jack "suggest that I contact Krontec in Germany", only showed up in the last 12 hours as a response to my publicizing the horrible experience here. Prior to this moment nobody has said anything about Jack "doesn't do email". The fact that Jack spelled out his email to me over the phone in NATO phonetic alphabets--Julia Alpha Charlie etc.--on three separate occasions, and finally wrote me a response this morning, tells the contrary.

In fairness, Jack's final email to me apologized for not getting in touch. I've had my problem solved--cost of a new airjack I can afford, the time, less so. This is all about reflecting a customer experience which was FACTUALLY bad. I don't need anything more from you but you cannot undo what's been done, or try to convince the public on things that are factually untrue.

Originally Posted by Stuttgart
Hi CRex,
If I may chime in, my name is Phil Gilsdorf. I started Cup Car Solutions 12 years ago while in college as a small business. As longtime active porsche club racers we were tired of getting gouged by Porsche Motorsport NA and created this business to help out other fellow racers. Up until that point, no one offered air-jack rebuild services or support for the Sobek fluid systems. My father Jack took over running the business and I think the majority of the amateur and pro teams alike will attest to the fact that we provide a useful service to the US racing community. With that said, the business does not sell outside North America, does not accept credit cards and Jack does not do email, but he is usually readily available at the number listed on the website.

Now in regards to your specific issues. As I understand it, you were calling from Hong Kong and left a message with a Hong Kong telephone number, which did not connect when redialed. When Jack did get in touch with you I believe he made it clear that Cup Car Solutions does not have the distribution rights outside the US and cannot ship to Hong Kong. It was suggested that you reach out to Krontec in Germany to find the appropriate distributor for asia, but you refused that. You proposed possibly finding a place to ship it in Los Angeles, which he was willing to work with you on, but you never came back with specifics. And now you come out on Rennlist to smear the business?

I have zero respect for you sir, good day and good luck with your search for porsche parts in Hong Kong.

Last edited by CRex; 05-21-2015 at 09:52 PM.
Old 05-22-2015, 08:55 AM
uscarrera
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 710 Likes on 341 Posts

Don't usually post on this kind of thread but thought at this time personal experiences with Cup Car Solutions might be appropriate. I had just bought my Cup Car and was walking around the pits at a Daytona event can't remember which one and I ran into Jack doing something on one of the 996 Cups that were there. He stopped what he was doing introduced himself and answered a few of my questions and gave me a business card and offered to answer any additional questions by phone as he did not do email, really? I have bought a few items from him and when possible will use them again. There are a lot of people we can buy from but I guess the one thing I enjoy from a vendor is a true enthusiasm for the sport and I definitely felt that from Jack Just my 2 cents use it, or throw it away
Rich

Last edited by uscarrera; 05-22-2015 at 08:56 AM. Reason: wrong
Old 05-22-2015, 10:58 AM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Rich, thanks for sharing. It's quite possible that this is a decent business, and somehow for all the wrong reasons I fell into $hit side of things. Anyway, I've bought a new jack and two older items from a other RL'er here so the problem's solved.

Jack also wrote me an email explaining his circumstances yesterday. The right thing will be to rest my case here.
Old 05-27-2015, 03:27 PM
tkerrmd
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by CRex
Careful--manufacturer warns specifically that the jacks may be under pressure even when disconnected.

Cupcarsolutions is a dead end. Spoke with Jack Gilsdorf three times over a period of five weeks. The man doesn't care about business and doesn't follow up despite bona efforts at reaching out to him and completing a transaction on entirely his terms. I have ZERO respect for people who pretend to do business and yet have no intention of following up, particularly after the customer has repeatedly demonstrated good faith. I will repeat the same every time I see that name mentioned.

A two-bit operation like cupcarsolutions does not deserve business.
thats weird they did a great job for me!! and both Phil and Jack are good upstanding guys at the race track

tom

Quick Reply: Air Jack seal kit?