Notices
Porsche Cup Cars
Sponsored by:

Watch out for: Eduardo Baptista

Old 09-18-2015, 11:53 AM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

A lesson for us all: do not buy a car from anyone other than the owner. Doing so may require you to buy it a second time.

In the US, street vehicles are titled, so your seller should complete the transfer of the title at the state agency or its authorized agent concurrently with the transfer of cash and possession of the vehicle. Much more certain than in the UK, for example, where street vehicles do not have titles or in the US for an untitled, not street legal vehicle.

Sympathies for the defrauded buyer here.
Old 10-01-2015, 04:33 PM
ALEASEFL
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

In multiple emails and phone conversations, not to mention by his attorney also, they claimed that they did not know where the car was. I only was able to confirm last month that Ivo had the vehicle the entire time this fiasco took place. So that is why my posting took so long. I don't post anything unless I am sure of the facts.
So if Ivo was such a stand up guy, why did he hold my car illegally and not turn it back to us once he knew we were the legal owner. He through his attorney was asked to provide information to the Palm Beach County Sheriff's department and refused to cooperate knowing that if he did, the Sheriff would immediately impound the vehicle.
Yes, he was screwed by Battista but that is no reason to in effect hang on to stolen property.
Police departments do not enter vehicles as stolen without very good cause. And this whole mess costs me plenty of money on lawyers and a private investigator.
So my opinion stays the same in regard to Ivo. He is no better than Eddie, however Eddie is a better thief! He stole a lot more.
Eddie just took another guy in Florida for $90,000. For those looking for him, my understanding is he is now living in NY.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Watch out for: Eduardo Baptista