SLM shift light points

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 04:21 PM
cid042
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Rickard 993 Turbo
Me also

It needs some re wiring to get it working.
Email sent.

Yep, it should wire on a digital input. I am ordering the Porsche dimmer to see what it looks like connection wise.
Old 12-24-2013, 05:01 PM
Rickard 993 Turbo
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cid042
Email sent.

Yep, it should wire on a digital input. I am ordering the Porsche dimmer to see what it looks like connection wise.
Im going to run the oem switch just re wiring it to a input
Old 02-01-2017, 04:33 AM
Dennis Gentner
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
You can also build a table of varying rpms/per gear to import into the SLM configuration. Remember, there is a hierarchy in that the channel order top to bottom is the priority.

I'm in class today with Chris Brown of MoTeC West here in the US and he spent quite a bit of time on this very example today. I don't have my notes so forgive my general and unpolished answer.

As usual, Geoffrey has the best information with the stepped RPM, lessening the split as the gears go up. Every driver is different and you should make sure you're not "anticipating" the top rpm/top gear situation by shifting early but instead setting Up Shift Light 4 to be triggered at your desired shift point in top.

The brake pressure light setup is easy enough once you set up channels for BP Front>300, BP Front>400,BP F>500 and BP F>600 (this example expressed in psi), but you should edge trigger it so that the RPM lights are disabled on downshifts and the Brake Pressure lights are the priority throughout slowing. I'll post examples tomorrow or Wednesday.
Can you please explain how to setup Shift Lights for Braking, i dont understand the Part with the Channels. Is there any video tutorial?
Old 02-03-2017, 09:49 AM
CRex
Rennlist Member

Received 381 Likes on 195 Posts

^ You gotta do a bit of programming in Motec.

Set various conditions corresponding to brake pressure >= a preset threshold.

Example will be BP_Cond1 triggers at 60bars F+R. BP_Cond2 at 80bars so on...

Program your SLM to have a cascading set of lights triggered by BP_Cond1 thru CondN in the same way you would the shift lights by RPM conditions.

This has been HUGELY helpful for me when learning the 997.

Quick Reply: SLM shift light points