Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 762 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
The price difference will be about $650 more for the MXG, but it is bigger and thicker, too.

Matt, what was that about "expected to be released first quarter?" Haven't we heard that before?
Last year they said first quarter, just not which year!

The display options on the MXG are pretty nice, though it is at a price. The display is also very similar to the new Cosworth unit and much bigger than the Motec units. It's what is going in my car.

Originally Posted by Phokaioglaukos
Thanks, Peter. Glad to know when it comes the MXL2 will probably work. Do you expect that the data it records will be in the same format as the MXL and other current AiM products? It would be nice to be able to share data with other users of older AiM equipment.

I'll muddle along with my DL1 until we see the MXL2 installed a few times.
The data format will be the same as the MXL, Solo, and the rest of the AiM line. You will use RS2 (and RS3 when it is out) to do the analysis and all of the data will be available to compare.

I would not worry about getting one of the first units. I'm in line for one of the first MXG and I'm not worried at all.
Old 04-18-2018, 10:29 PM
spiller
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 331 Likes on 202 Posts

Bumping this thread from 5 years ago...

I have just purchased a 996 cup car and did a shakedown on the weekend in which a coolant hose popped resulting in the engine temps rising. Luckily we caught it before temps got too high but I don't want to take the risk again. My car currently has a Motec mini dash which provides data but not in real time. A friend has offered me his AiM MXL Strada at a good price and also has a smarty cam with it. Wondering what is involved in configuring this data logger to work with my 996 cup car? What additional components would I need and what is involved in installation? From a brief read of this thread, it seems I would be better off bypassing the existing motec system all together?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Which Motec in 2004 cup?