Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2012, 04:42 PM
Numeric Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 222 Likes on 136 Posts
Default New Cup Car Project

I would like to thank Zook over at Sports Car Boutique for the really nice cup car buy. The 996 cup car came with 3 sets of wheels, spare motor, transmission and a frame. Basically a whole other car! It truly is great find and doesn't need much at all. I'm in the process of making some minor improvements starting with the shifter of coarse. I replaced the stock 996 GT3 shifter with one of ours (well needed). Next, will be a set of Numeric Racing shifter cup cables. These will be available for the public in mid Jan for the 996, 997, 986 and 997 models!

www.numericracing.com
sales@numericracing.com
Ph: 844-686-7223

Last edited by Numeric Racing; 12-27-2012 at 07:01 PM.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:30 PM
Surfbum
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Great looking stuff, curious if it will take you out of PCA GTC3 and Silver class in Pirelli Cup West?
Have you had them reviewed by those sanctioning bodies?
Old 12-27-2012, 09:17 PM
Jbellz18
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice Shifter. Im looking forward to seeing this @ some of the local tracks in Florida.
Old 12-27-2012, 09:38 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 259 Likes on 173 Posts

she purdy! all white and clean!

super fun track toy!!
Old 12-27-2012, 10:05 PM
Tim Kay
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Surfbum
Great looking stuff, curious if it will take you out of PCA GTC3 and Silver class in Pirelli Cup West?
Have you had them reviewed by those sanctioning bodies?
Wondering the same
Old 12-27-2012, 10:32 PM
GentlemanRacer
Rennlist Member

Received 251 Likes on 139 Posts

Really nice example of a cup. Can't wait for shifter install.
Old 12-30-2012, 02:44 PM
Ilker@SCB
Banned

Look at our old "00" car...it cleaned up really well and of course it is in GREAT hands.
Enjoy the car Dan - you got yourself a great car.
We still have a seat open for GT3 Cup Canada for 2013 if you are "itching" to race
Old 12-31-2012, 07:10 PM
Numeric Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hey Zook

Yeah she cleaned up really nice. I still have some more work to do. Update the bumpers. I want the rear where the exhaust exits in the middle. I need to get the other car down here so I can start working on it. I removed all of the green from the car. Mirrors are being painted black. I am also having the wheels all powder coated. One set is completely black, one black and silver and maybe Black and gold. I want to tear down the other motor and transmission. I am going to look at coatings I can apply to make the engine more durable, produce more HP. Need new hood pins, I made new cables to attached them to. Replacing a lot of hardware with new SS hardware. The door panels for some reason Porsche has multi bolt. I need a philips, flathead and a allen wrench to remove them. I am going to be putting my cables in it which will not require the small plate to hold them in place. The rod ends are going to use bearings rather then the plastic bushings. I am also making new center caps for the wheels where the centerlock bolt goes. I made a new shark fin for the top of the roof. Looks pretty cool and I may make more. I will send you a pic of mine. I am also working on some new style rotors. I've got a really good idea on how to keep them cooler. I have some testing to do first. See how it goes. I am trying to get to the track this coming month. I am basically making product for my car then offer it to everyone else. Let me get some seat time and see where I go with the racing. I will call you after the new year and tell you what else I am working on. I am having a lot of fun working and making new products again. Since I sold Vortex I was needing something to do and I found my calling. Have a happy new year. I appreciate the great deal and all the help you have given me. This cup car was in really good shape to start with.

Dan
Old 12-31-2012, 07:16 PM
Numeric Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Hey guys

I have looked through multiple rule books and I do not see anywhere in there where you wouldn't be able to use the shifter. I have read that you are allowed to change the shifter. It doesn't give the guy any more added horsepower. I have several race teams using them now. Bodymotion, Rebel Rock Racing, there is also a bunch of track guys running these. Wright motorsports have expressed interest. I want to thank everyone for using the product and I am constantly working on new product. It will be available soon and I will keep everyone posted on the progress.

Dan
Old 12-31-2012, 07:32 PM
93 FireHawk 968
Drifting

Received 58 Likes on 42 Posts

Dan,

Your new Cup looks real nice.

What's the advantage of the Numeric shifter vs. stock?
Old 12-31-2012, 09:34 PM
DarrellT
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I think that the rules for the spec class Cup's - GTC3, GTC4 etc - say as delivered from the factory...

I would ask the rules "guru" for each series you want to run in. Make sure you don't miss something. Ask directly so that you are not disappointed. Get the decision in writing and keep it in your log book.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:31 PM
Numeric Racing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by 93 FireHawk 968
Dan,

Your new Cup looks real nice.

What's the advantage of the Numeric shifter vs. stock?
Thank you much appreciated. There are many advantages going from the stock plastic shifter to the Numeric shifter. The key components lie within the precision tolerances on the aluminum structural housing and the unique design of multiple precision ball bearing rotating axis. The stock shifter is known to have a lot of flex, feel notchy between shifts and even have excessive play were there shouldn't be any. This has caused many Porsche owners to miss shift. 2nd to 3rd is the most common. The Numeric shifter has reduced these areas greatly if not completely. The shifter also comes equip with an adjustable shift lever that has three fun throw settings. OEM, Sport and Race. The shortest throw option (Race) has a whopping 40% throw reduction! I also designed the shifter to have adjustble cables blocks. This allows you to place your shifter virtually anywhere you like side to side. The best way to describe the overall functionality of the Numeric shifter is very precise, tight and clean. Like a bolt action rifle! Here's a link to one of many reviews -> https://rennlist.com/forums/997-gt2-...t-shifter.html If you have any other questions feel free to PM me.
Old 01-02-2013, 03:55 PM
Dan@SCB
Banned

wow its amazing how Clean a Cup Car looks with no Decals!!! Simply A Beauty
Old 01-04-2013, 01:08 AM
Turn3 Autosport
Former Vendor

Dan nice looking Cup! Dealing with Ilker and SCB was a great choice on this!

Looking forward to seeing the cup cables and anything else you come up with as we love the shifter in our 996 race car!

Cheers
Old 01-21-2013, 01:24 AM
roketman
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 95 Posts

Any news on PCA legality?

Quick Reply: New Cup Car Project