Sponsored by:

Modas 101

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 12:18 AM
sstreime
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Modas 101

So, i bought the Bosch Modas software for my 08 997. was able to adjust the tranny potentiometer to 3.85 v as required. do i need to write to the ecu at all or jsut adjust the potentiometer and that is it?

also, how do i change the pit speed limiter?

any help woudl be appreciated.

thanks.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:39 AM
Surfbum
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Steve, the ECU is supposed to be sealed by PMNA in the GT3 Trophy Cup series. I have had PMNA set my speed limiter at one of the events that they support.
Old 09-04-2012, 03:41 PM
Derek@TRG
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since you can set the POT. via the Motec dash without Modas i would believe when you are viewing the values via Modas all you need to do it set it. Iam not a Modas pro, maybe someone else will chime in.

I would recomend setting it, pulling the box through the gears manually with the car not running and re check the value, adjust if needed.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:25 AM
boothkc
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you set the pit limit speed in the race section of Modus. options are mph or km. both values are displayed (you can put whatever u want) then select the "tab" to use the km or mph value then save.... easy cheesy !

I reset mine to 25 mph for our local rules.

not sure about shift pot.
Old 09-09-2012, 09:11 PM
amso3
Three Wheelin'

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I just set the pit limit speed last week using Modas. It is in one of the tabs, do not remember which one. I found the "SAVE" button in the lower right corner of that page. You need to click that or it reverts to the old setting.

The shift pot needs to be set with the tranny in 6th gear. Modas just reads the pot, you adjust at the tranny
Old 09-10-2012, 12:44 AM
sstreime
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for all the comments. Got it figured out. Boy it would be nice if there was a manual. But of course that would make too much sense .

Thanks again.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:43 PM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

here is the closest thing ive ever seen or had to a manual. i've asked a ton.

1. a pdf of the technical manual. not that clear, not that obvious but not too hard to figure out some stuff .

2.i also have a variable PDF file from Bosch for our grand am camaro. some of the variables are just about the same. not ideal but if there is some variable in modas which yo dont know what it means, this is not a bad way to try to figure it out. it was too big to load but i can email it . email me sales@zsamotorsport.com and ill try sending it along. its a 221 page doc.

if anyone has any questions, feel free to contact us by phone.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf
modas manualMODAS-Manual_BE.pdf (141.4 KB, 1426 views)

Quick Reply: Modas 101