Porsche Cup Cars
Sponsored by:

Canadian Import Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 09:35 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

Cup cars are sold on bill of sale/ dealer invoice only. No title.

They are also for competition use only and i believe porsche make original owner sign that wavier and thus passed down to every other owner.....

If importing the car into Canada you have to declare as off-road vehicle for competition use only.
This helps get around the title.

You still have to pay 6.1% duty and 5%GST.

Best to contact a customs broker as Canada Customs change their policies almost each year and you need to be prepared with correct paperwork in advance.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:12 AM
Turn3 Autosport
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Again, it is not the importing to canada that is the issue, it is the exporting from the US.

Tom, your old car was out at our track day today, so it is still being used the way it was meant!

Cheers
Old 09-09-2011, 05:30 PM
Leigh2
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

My solution was to NOT export the car from the US but still had to import it into Canada and pay the price. Sounds complicated but form 4455 allows the car to exit the US without exporting so that it can come back in without re-importing to the US. Agree with TCS that getting a broker involved is not a bad idea...
Best not to export the car from the US anyway because that's where the market is when it comes time to sell...most likely.
Old 09-09-2011, 08:38 PM
Surfbum
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks guys, the buyer has a broker that he is working with but Leigh you might be on to something, if he can take the car into Canada and not export it out of the US, that might be the best way to do it if he is only going to run the car for a couple of years.

Leigh, do you leave your car down at Miller? I think I have seen it at Tatum or Air Power????
Old 09-10-2011, 10:30 AM
Leigh2
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes it lives at Miller at Tatum Racing with the odd trip to some other tracks like the Edmonton Indy this year. Next trip down is for the PCA race later this month (Sept 22-25)...stop by the shop if you're there.

Quick Reply: Canadian Import Questions