Sponsored by:

Hope this road taken works out

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2011, 10:38 PM
fleadh
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by hughp3
howdy all, I just saw the thread fire back up. My second track weekend was RA a few weeks back. Some random thoughts. Hot was an understatement. I have some peddle reorientation work to do for heal/toe plus my own screw-up’s. Tried new yokahamas and at my level they are good. Also tried to follow a Doctor in a 997 Cup who is also a pro driver. Do not remember his name. I can say yes the 997 will pull me on the back straight rather handily. Thank God for ABS, bad foot work and way too deep into 10A. after a cold sweat I also realized the car really will go that deep but that is not for me right now. Stability is wonderful compared to the street car. Transmission is getting abused by my misconduct, hope it lasts my learning curve. is there any way for me to shift a bit slower without shocking the engagement, seems the only way to not shock is as fast as I can. I know my heal/toe into 10A is poor and is killing my laps. I bet I did not have 1 lap that had clean down shifts, got to work on the gas pedal to bring it up and over more. Lap times as compared to the street 2007 GT3 at RA were similar to Roebling, 6 seconds cut at RA vs 7 seconds at Reobling. And yes I have a long ways to go to the cars ultimate potential only managed a 1:36.1 but for me that felt realy good. Yes the car is worth it even with the extra support efforts it requires.
Are you heal/toeing w/ the bottom right or the top right of your foot on the gas pedal? Reason I ask is because my 996 Cup worked fine for heal/toeing with the top right of my foot, but I had to raise the brake pedal on my 997 Cup to work comfortably (a lot of guys use the bottom right of their foot on the gas pedal).

-mike
Old 06-26-2011, 10:43 PM
hughp3
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Mike - I use the top right, my foot is not able to stab the throttle without a real giration. I will add a side extender to the gas pedal and bring it out some also. Bottom right on gas pedal (heel) will not budge the pedal at all.
Old 06-28-2011, 12:10 PM
Vince964T
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What I did was just take 1 day to focus on heel and toe. Forget about lap times etc that day. Just heel and toe ! 1 day was enough.
Bottom right on the gas pedal works fine. Pedals are set perfectly for that.

Quick Reply: Hope this road taken works out