Notices

2007 World Challenge Cup

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2011, 04:19 PM
MJR911
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I do not doubt the guy mentioned above is non-legit, however do not discredit potential buyers with out of the country addresses. I've sold a ferrari to the middle east as well as a classic Thunderbird to Europe without ever talking to either buyer "live" in the last 12 months. All through the internet and lots of pictures. Of course neither car left without full funds confirmed in the bank, but the web and full service transport companies have really made selling cars abroad easier.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:37 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MJR911
I do not doubt the guy mentioned above is non-legit, however do not discredit potential buyers with out of the country addresses. I've sold a ferrari to the middle east as well as a classic Thunderbird to Europe without ever talking to either buyer "live" in the last 12 months. All through the internet and lots of pictures. Of course neither car left without full funds confirmed in the bank, but the web and full service transport companies have really made selling cars abroad easier.
At no time did I ever discredit ANY buyer due to his location.

The "buyer" in this case is clearly looking to steal a Cup Car. In fact, this guy seemed fake from the first e-mail, but I let it play out in the event he simply had poor grammer.

If another buyer from abroad demonstrates legitimate interest, I will certainly give them their due respect.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:00 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

He made a similar approach to a friend about 6 months ago for his cup car. He added that a known pro driver would pick the car up and take it to Willow Springs for a Friday open track test day. Everything else was pretty much the same. My friend said fine to everything but that he would transport the car to WS for testing. He never heard back from the guy....
Old 06-29-2011, 01:24 AM
James-GMG
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 114 Likes on 68 Posts

Mike,

I for one especially know how special your WC car is so I hope the potential buyer does as well and then it will be easy for him to justify the $150K price.

Good luck,

James

James F. Sofronas | President & Owner
Global Motorsports Group ™
E: james@gmgracing.com
P: +1 (714) 432-1582
F: +1 (714) 432-1590
A: 3210 South Shannon Street, Santa Ana, California 92704
W: gmgracing.com
Old 06-29-2011, 01:08 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

JS,

Thanks. I know you understand these things better than most. As of now, it's looking more and more like I'll keep it. Fine with me.

I hope others are aware of "Ben Mark" and he gets smoked out of the market.

Quick Reply: 2007 World Challenge Cup