Sponsored by: Race Cars For You

Pirelli Drivers Cup?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2011, 12:01 PM
fleadh
Burning Brakes

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by supercup
Definately a fun weekend at TH. P Cup is a highly competitive group of well driven cars. I have been out of my car for 9 months and the rust really showed. I had my personal best lap at TH (my 2nd visit) in Sat. a.m. pracitice (1:56) and was 16 th on the grid of 19. In qualifying I stepped it up to a 1:53.5 and dropped to 17th! Looks like I need more seat time and some coaching!

Regardless had a great time running on Friday and Saturday.

JCM
JCM, don't sweat it. TH is a tricky track to learn. A lot of blind corners, off camber, and little 'tricks' to get going fast. It's my home track and I'm still getting a little faster each time I go out there! :-)

Had fun racing with you, see you again out there soon.

-mike
Old 05-17-2011, 02:04 PM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by fleadh
JCM, don't sweat it. TH is a tricky track to learn. A lot of blind corners, off camber, and little 'tricks' to get going fast. It's my home track and I'm still getting a little faster each time I go out there! :-)

Had fun racing with you, see you again out there soon.

-mike
Thanks Mike, look forward to getting back out soon and look forward to running with you again as well.

JCM
Old 05-17-2011, 02:34 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Received 123 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by gfranz1
Gentlemen, again please read James post of my response to him regarding fuel cells and Pirelli Drivers Cup racing series.
Fuel cells are strongly recommended for your safety; but NOT mandatory.
2000-2011 Porsche 996/997 GT3 Cup cars run "as delivered"; except when noted on our specification matrix located on our website. www.competentms.com Thank you.
I've had some people contact me as well with questions regarding a similar situation and I haven't been able to answer them. On the gearbox section it also says "as delivered" and refers to inquiring with PMNA for technical questions.

What my customers want to know is if they are allowed to use my gears and LSDs, which are direct replacements under other sanctioning body's homologation rules. But the way your rules are written it makes it sounds like they've got to use Porsche parts in there, and of course if they call PMNA, PMNA is going to want them to use their parts. But when one of my 2nd gearset for a Cup is $1100 and PNMA's 2nd gearset is $2000 obviously the racers on a budget might want to consider using our parts in their cars.
Old 05-17-2011, 03:37 PM
Ricky Boo-Boo Johnson
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If the ratios and durability and weight are the same, there shouldn't be any issue. Check with Greg Franz at www.competentmotorsport.com
Old 05-18-2011, 05:16 PM
Mark GT3
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thunderhill was my first time racing with the Pirelli Drivers Cup. The series is fantastic and I really enjoyed the weekend right up until the diff broke in qualifying for the second race. It had been 5 months since I had been in the car and only my second time at Thunderhill. As I got more comfortable the lap times came down, 1.50.6 in race 1 and 1.50.1 in qualifying for race 2.

I also did the Saturday afternoon 1.5 hour endurance race. This was a lot of fun and I finished second in ES and forth overall.

Next month I'll race with PDC again at PIR for Rose Cup. I can't wait...
Attached Images  
Old 05-19-2011, 03:05 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Had a very good conversation with Greg Franz this morning. For any of you out there racing in this series, GT components are considered direct replacements for factory parts when servicing your gearboxes.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:28 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GTgears
Had a very good conversation with Greg Franz this morning. For any of you out there racing in this series, GT components are considered direct replacements for factory parts when servicing your gearboxes.
Now you need to work on IMSA for the Patron cars.....
Old 05-20-2011, 05:39 PM
GTgears
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
Now you need to work on IMSA for the Patron cars.....
No I don't.

Quick Reply: Pirelli Drivers Cup?