Notices
Porsche Cup Cars
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Race Cars For You

Cup Car instruction video for World Cup race.

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2011, 12:36 PM
Rassel
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TwentySix
Thanks for posting, this is now my favorite 'Ring video I think the event will be crazy and awesome, maybe a trip out there is in order?
I have not decided yet if, but let me know if you plan to show up. It's the World Cup and the N24 right after. So it will be loads and loads of people. Hopefully there will be some entries from the U.S and some more Rennlisters participating in either race.
Old 01-20-2011, 02:30 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks for posting, this is now my favorite 'Ring video I think the event will be crazy and awesome, maybe a trip out there is in order?

I wish I could burn it into my memory banks for the day I actually get to drive it. I think one would need quite a few laps to feel familiar, maybe a month in Germany would be the cure?

His delivery is so dry and even "turn in at 3rd concrete unit, exit at the second last, not too early or you finish at the barriers" too funny!

But the place clearly demands a lot of respect
Well said. I noted all the same "incongruous" elements as the driver apparently read sentences in English as a second language -- and no criticism intended, his English is far better than my German! It would have been more entertaining, perhaps less educational, to hear the live in-car commentary in German and then pick up the translation in subtitles f'rinstance.

In any case, the video did the job: I'm sure a lot of 911 owners have circled June on the calendar to watch the race.
Old 01-28-2011, 04:33 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

Received 3,630 Likes on 2,357 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
Great find Rassel. If I watch it a couple hundred times I might have a clue how to stumble around the Ring without offing myself.
The Cup/Racing line is a lot tighter/aggressive in places; I think these are only possible/advisable in a car with racing setup. They are around 2.5secs/km faster than a typical GT3/RS street BtoG ...
Old 02-03-2011, 11:03 AM
Phokaioglaukos
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Wow, that's the weekend of the 24 Hour race. All I need to do are three VLN races and I can qualify for the 24 Hour. I just signed up for the 2 April VLN....
Old 02-03-2011, 11:10 AM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

very cool
Old 02-03-2011, 06:37 PM
Yannick-HST
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 57 Posts

I´ll be there (of course )

So if anyone is interested in having a beer or a genuine german "Currywurst mit Pommes" just PM me

Would be nice to meet some other Rennlister´s over there.

I´m still not sure if I should sign up to drive the race... Would hate myself if I crash the baby...
Old 02-04-2011, 01:18 PM
Rassel
Drifting

Originally Posted by Yannick-HST

So if anyone is interested in having a beer or a genuine german "Currywurst mit Pommes" just PM me
There is always room for that!

Though you can still participate in the race. Once the BBQ starts going, you'll have that force feed when you pass Pflanzgarten through your nose ...
Old 02-04-2011, 01:37 PM
TwentySix
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rassel
I have not decided yet if, but let me know if you plan to show up. It's the World Cup and the N24 right after. So it will be loads and loads of people. Hopefully there will be some entries from the U.S and some more Rennlisters participating in either race.
Originally Posted by Yannick-HST

Would be nice to meet some other Rennlister´s over there.

I´m still not sure if I should sign up to drive the race... Would hate myself if I crash the baby...
I'd love to go, the timing may be good and it would great to meet up with other Rennlisters, so where to stay? No camping for us, but I don't know what the hotel situation is like there... near to the track?

So what's a currywurst? Sounds like it goes well with beer

I don't know if one should risk their car with so many others on such a narrow track--perfect place for a rental!
Old 02-04-2011, 01:53 PM
Larry Cable
Rennlist Member

I'd love to go, the timing may be good and it would great to meet up with other Rennlisters, so where to stay? No camping for us, but I don't know what the hotel situation is like there... near to the track?

So what's a currywurst? Sounds like it goes well with beer

I don't know if one should risk their car with so many others on such a narrow track--perfect place for a rental!
Well there are now a bunch of large, unoccupied Lindner hotels at the track,
there is of course the Dorint, but I would recommend either Am tiergarten or Blau Ecke ...

However the 24 is VERY popular, the chances of finding a room locally I think are slim to none ...

currywurst mit pommes goes very well with bier! ... think spicy hot dog with a curry ketchup and fries ... excellent for hangover cure!
Old 02-17-2011, 10:28 AM
Rassel
Drifting

More:

Quick Reply: Cup Car instruction video for World Cup race.