Sponsored by:

993 Cup Wheel Repair/replace

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 05:55 PM
rotstev
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy 993 Cup Wheel Repair/replace

Cracked a spoke(center section) on my 993 Cup rear wheel(10") at Monticello last week. Any suggestions for parts or replacements?
Old 05-25-2010, 08:28 PM
Bill Verburg
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 511 Likes on 351 Posts

if you don't care if they are authentic Speedlines, BBS has E88 centerlocks w/ the correct widths and ETs
Old 05-27-2010, 04:01 AM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 447 Likes on 243 Posts

Carefully check the rest of your wheels?
Old 06-24-2010, 05:43 PM
wpgt3cup
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

was it the original Speedline wheel?
Old 06-26-2010, 08:03 PM
jrotsaert
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rotstev
Cracked a spoke(center section) on my 993 Cup rear wheel(10") at Monticello last week. Any suggestions for parts or replacements?
Very common... make sure to check all others ASAP or it could be very bad for you on the track. Call Gert at www.carnewal.com and he can help (for mucho denaro...) or change the wheels to cheaper BBS (it was never an option for me so as I just LOVED the speedlines on my 993 cup so I bought from Gert)
JM
Old 06-28-2010, 10:20 AM
rotstev
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Original Speedline wheels. Since my original post have contacted previous owner who had a second set of Speedlines and purchased at a very reasonable price. Also have a new set of Fiske Wheels but much prefer the look of the Speedlines. Thanks for the info regarding Carnewal and I will make an inquiry. Would still like to find a center section to complete the set at a reasonable price.
Also am going to refurbish both sets, any suggestions on this would be appreciated. I would like to replace all the hardware on the wheels and would need a good sourse for that, as well as your thoughts on bead blasting and polishing the outer rims(ethching would be sacrificed). Thanks for all the input.
Old 06-28-2010, 10:32 AM
jrotsaert
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rotstev
Original Speedline wheels. Since my original post have contacted previous owner who had a second set of Speedlines and purchased at a very reasonable price. Also have a new set of Fiske Wheels but much prefer the look of the Speedlines. Thanks for the info regarding Carnewal and I will make an inquiry. Would still like to find a center section to complete the set at a reasonable price.
Also am going to refurbish both sets, any suggestions on this would be appreciated. I would like to replace all the hardware on the wheels and would need a good sourse for that, as well as your thoughts on bead blasting and polishing the outer rims(ethching would be sacrificed). Thanks for all the input.
If you buy the bolts individually, be prepared to choke when they send you the bill... There is a way to etch Speedline after - a friend of mine did it on his street GT2 in the UK. I think that Gert will tell you all you want to know.
Make sure to do a stress crack on the centers. You buy some sort of liquid, leave it on the rims and if it shows hairlines you got problems coming... I had it on 12 wheels! VERY costly to fix but no compromise on safety... These wheels are at least 13 and some are 17 years old now so not so bad when put in perspective.
Good luck
JM
Old 07-04-2010, 07:11 PM
wpgt3cup
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Gary Stratton at (407) 629-1911
1717 Minnesota Ave
Winter Park, FL 32789
rebuilt my original speedlines. He may have a source for the bolts

Quick Reply: 993 Cup Wheel Repair/replace