Notices
Porsche Cup Cars
Sponsored by:

Pat Kelly wins at Mosport and takes home the vino!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 11:10 PM
fryd
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pat Kelly wins at Mosport and takes home the vino!

Kudos to Pat...blistering times in qualifying (1.224 = new track record), as well as during the race. Local Randy Oswald was next closest in 2nd for both races, but Pat was just too quick for everyone.

He won the wine, shared it around, and a good time was had by all. Someone took a picture, which if I get it, I will post.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:58 AM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by fryd
Kudos to Pat...blistering times in qualifying (1.224 = new track record), as well as during the race. Local Randy Oswald was next closest in 2nd for both races, but Pat was just too quick for everyone.

He won the wine, shared it around, and a good time was had by all. Someone took a picture, which if I get it, I will post.
David,
I missed the Saturday night festivities but Pat and Steve say the wine is great. Thanks for putting it up. Hopefully you've started a trend. Rumor has it a couple of bottles will be showing up at my 50th next week.

I had a tough weekend with a broken fuel pump keeping me from qualifying and then a broken axle during the first sprint and being spun while passing lapped traffic in the second sprint and still this was my favorite race of the year.

Anyone who hasn't been to Mosport needs to go. Easily my new favorite track.

See you at Road America.
Jim
Old 08-03-2009, 09:14 AM
fryd
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JimB
David,
I missed the Saturday night festivities but Pat and Steve say the wine is great. Thanks for putting it up. Hopefully you've started a trend. Rumor has it a couple of bottles will be showing up at my 50th next week.

I had a tough weekend with a broken fuel pump keeping me from qualifying and then a broken axle during the first sprint and being spun while passing lapped traffic in the second sprint and still this was my favorite race of the year.

See you at Road America.
Jim
Jim - sorry to hear your weekend was less than ideal. Too bad you missed the wine. It was excellent! Maybe too good though as there was some talk after a few glasses of taking rental cars over to the oval next door for the King of the Hill race! Thankfully sober heads (ie Alex!) prevailed!

Looking forward to Road America. First time for me..
Old 08-03-2009, 11:47 AM
TwentySix
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fryd

It was really terrific of you to put up that vino, sounds like it brought a lot of smiles--would love to see pictures... was there a good turn out? Pat K was flying at VIR too, looks like he's having a heck of a year
Old 08-03-2009, 12:01 PM
TwentySix
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JimB
David,

See you at Road America.
Jim
Rough weekend Jim, sorry to hear it... I've always wanted to drive Mosport, from what I've seen incar and on TV, it looks like a great track.

The big 5-0, huh? Glad someone here is older than me Happy Birthday!
Old 08-03-2009, 01:06 PM
JimB
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TwentySix
Rough weekend Jim, sorry to hear it... I've always wanted to drive Mosport, from what I've seen incar and on TV, it looks like a great track.

The big 5-0, huh? Glad someone here is older than me Happy Birthday!
Ha. Don't rub it in.

My car has been so great that it's hard to complain about a couple little issues. It sucked that my fuel pump died a very slow death so it was difficult to diagnose and it sucked that my axle broke during a race but it was still a blast.

Pat K was right when he told us there are great tracks and then there is Mosport.
Old 08-03-2009, 03:29 PM
fryd
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TwentySix
It was really terrific of you to put up that vino, sounds like it brought a lot of smiles--would love to see pictures... was there a good turn out? Pat K was flying at VIR too, looks like he's having a heck of a year
85 cars in all, 9(?) in GTC4...but no slouches, except me! Very good competition I think, at least for the sprints. Enduro wasn't so competitive, but all you had to do was survive the rain on slicks and then have your car not blow up and you got a trophy!
Old 08-03-2009, 10:12 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Jim and David-

Great to see you guys. I had a great time at Mosport despite the issues with my car.... Fuel starvation issue all weekend until the 2nd sprint race (right side coils). Fixed for the second sprint race and then turned the fastest GTC3 time of the sprint races (1:27:9). Then, with 4 laps to go and in first place, I broke the left rear stub axle in turn 3. DNF and missed the enduro. I seem to keep driving the wheels of the car

AWESOME track. My new favorite scary place. Pat was rippin' fast and, along with JimB, really helped me a lot with the track.

Last edited by PedroNole; 08-05-2009 at 02:23 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 02:21 PM
PatK-Mpls
Instructor

A huge thanks to Upper Canada region and especially to Fryd! To donate such an incredible prize is very generous of him! I cannot say enough about the track and the event. If you have not driven Mosport, you are missing a track that stands apart from others in terms of rhythm, flow, speed and elevation change. It is a must do track!

Oh, and by the way, the wine was incredible. Petrus, Margaux - like quality wine. unfortunately, only 2 bottles are left...

Quick Reply: Pat Kelly wins at Mosport and takes home the vino!