Sponsored by:

Pirelli Drivers Cup w/PCA @ California Speedway

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2009, 09:45 PM
wickerbill
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
You're forgiven but it's wine & cheese and TEQUILA club......
JR: I have researched your "wine, cheese and tequila" club on the website and looks interesting I guess. What are your credential /license requirements? I have been a full FIA license holder for long time. Do you allow profesional drivers?
Old 03-04-2009, 09:54 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by wickerbill
JR: I have researched your "wine, cheese and tequila" club on the website and looks interesting I guess. What are your credential /license requirements? I have been a full FIA license holder for long time. Do you allow profesional drivers?
Yes we have pro drivers who drop in and race with us from time to time. You would be welcome....
Old 03-04-2009, 10:10 PM
wickerbill
Rennlist Member

Thank you.

Ich werde ihm einen Gedanken .... geben, wenn auch Kerle, die im Regen nicht laufen, nicht echte Rennwagen-Treiber sind!
Old 03-05-2009, 09:13 PM
RPM
Track Day

Ich werde ihm einen Gedanken .... geben, wenn auch Kerle, die im Regen nicht laufen, nicht echte Rennwagen-Treiber sind!

-Michael Schumacher on Felipe Massa's performance at the British GP
Old 03-05-2009, 10:09 PM
wickerbill
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by RPM

-Michael Schumacher on Felipe Massa's performance at the British GP
Though shumi's rain driving skills were superior.......I doubt he used these words exactly.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:49 AM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 443 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by supercup
GMG's fleet was the class of the field at Vegas in the rain. Hope to hang with them in the dry at California!

JCM

JCM thanks for the kind words!

Looking forward to a great weekend..

I am trying to convince to run one of the World Challenge cars again..

Maybe a repeat of last years race? heheh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO41sabiSPQ

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series
Old 03-30-2009, 08:42 PM
Mark Anderson
The Parts Whisperer
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 366 Likes on 176 Posts

I signed up today
Old 04-08-2009, 12:56 AM
supercup
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 48 Posts

Great racing last weekend in the Pirelli Cup with all three classes filled with competitive cars. Fun had ball most all competitors.

The 996 Cup class was ruled on qualifying and Saturday by ^ (yes Mark Anderson), but a blown tire in Sunday's race ended his run for back to back first's. Brooks, winner in Las Vegas, jumped up and took the top spot on Sunday. Overall a very competitive class.

The 06-07 997 Cup class was ruled by the boys from Werks II, Galen and Bob - Galen took overall and first in class in both races. Bob was hot on his heels with a few others in tow. Werks II showed how their IMSA Cup experience really pays off in setting up the cars and making them go fast, great job guys!

In the 08-09 class GMG's own Brent battled for top spot overall and in class and took back to back class wins. He and James (from GMG) also took overall top spot in the 1 hour PCA enduro. So a perfect weekend for GMG with 3 firsts. Congrats to GMG

There was great racing for all involved. Coaching from Craig Stanton was top notch as always and the Pirelli tire guys and Pirelli Cup staff were friendly and professional as ever!

My weekend was not as great - lots of fun and good racing, but a few lessons learned. First the Pirelli's are 305/680's so we had to change the ride ht in the back, then failed tech for the front being too low. We got all that sorted out, but our set up was off after the changes and I struggled on Friday and Saturday. Werks II jumped in and offered to re-align the car for me on Saturday night, but had a small setback in the PCA race requiring a repair on one of there cars, put me on the sidelines on Sunday a.m. and missing qualifying, as the car needed more changes that we expected (a big thanks to Timo and team of Werks II who thrashed to get me out with only one good hand). So the PCA race was the test (car was awesome and a few seconds faster that before). I started from the back in the Cup race and made my way up to 8th and had a lot of fun along the way.

A great series to race with, look for them at www.competentmotorsport.com and see if there is a venue near you - if so and you have a Cup, you owe it to yourself to jump in and have some fun!

JCM

Quick Reply: Pirelli Drivers Cup w/PCA @ California Speedway