Porsche Cup Cars
Sponsored by:

Value of BBS "Cup" 3 pc wheels

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 06:39 PM
Ed Newman
Three Wheelin'

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Scott, just a note... you have to change to BBS studs if you want to run these wheels, the set is a few hundred dollars.
Old 12-31-2007, 06:44 PM
Scott 1996 993c2
Nordschleife Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed Newman
Scott, just a note... you have to change to BBS studs if you want to run these wheels, the set is a few hundred dollars.
Thanks for the heads-up Edward.

Scott
Old 01-07-2008, 09:05 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Glen
I think the above stands true. Reason being, the 5lug/centerlock is more versatile and lighter. Can fit a street GT3 in addition to the Cup, also has some other apps. It is less durable over time however, the centers crack out a bit earlier. The OEM Cup are bulletbroof, very very rare to see a center bend, much less crack. they are a bit heavier but very very durable, usually You just throw another rim half on after they get pranged or even just have them straightened/trued if its not a major prang and send them back out for more.
Glenn the 04' Cup that I posted the "Parts for Sale" thread about crashed when the right rear rim split in half around the center section. It was one of the 5-lug, Grand-AM rims....
Old 01-08-2008, 09:41 AM
Glen
Race Car

Received 58 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
Glenn the 04' Cup that I posted the "Parts for Sale" thread about crashed when the right rear rim split in half around the center section. It was one of the 5-lug, Grand-AM rims....
Thats the MO. Greg Fishman brought this to our attention several years ago when he had the failure in his 993. What we do now is inspect the centers before and after each event. The teams magnaflux them each season. i just run the Cup wheels, heavier, but have shown to be bulletproof. Sorry about Your friends off, glad he is ok!

Quick Reply: Value of BBS "Cup" 3 pc wheels