Sponsored by:

Nitrogen Bottle Cart Prototype

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2021, 09:04 AM
scott40
Rennlist Member

Received 70 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed@Demonspeed
Not sure of the dimensions of the 60. Can you provide them.

Thanks

Ed

Old 07-31-2021, 08:03 PM
zip465
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Inspired... Time to get at forming and welding

Old 07-31-2021, 11:19 PM
fallenangel96734
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I think I am going to do a bit of welding myself.

Last edited by fallenangel96734; 07-31-2021 at 11:20 PM.
Old 07-31-2021, 11:21 PM
fallenangel96734
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 38D
For air lance, the holder can just be a simple tube that is welded to the side with a bottom. That’s what the MR carts has. To hold a impact gun. A large diameter tube with a slot cut in it would work. Holes holder can just be a couple of hooks you can wrap around.

I’d look at greaves3d and manthey sites for more inspiration.
Looking at your avatar, I can see a prefect place to insert your lance and if the mood is right…your impact gun also…he he he!
Old 08-02-2021, 12:08 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 795 Likes on 511 Posts

B-G builds the regulator protection into the cart https://www.bg-racing.co.uk/pit-equi...-powder-coated
The following users liked this post:
zip465 (08-02-2021)
Old 08-02-2021, 12:59 PM
Ed@Demonspeed
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 163 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Romanowski
B-G builds the regulator protection into the cart https://www.bg-racing.co.uk/pit-equi...-powder-coated
Interesting concept. For our cart it would have to be movable to be able to accommodate different bottle heights of the 80 or 125 cf bottles. I do not like that there is still an opportunity for the regulators to get clipped. This looks like it probably falls over a lot based on its footprint.

Also, one of the goals was to keep the price down as well. I am not sure that all these add ons are going to help accomplish this, but you guys tell me. If you want all the bells and whistles and are willing to pay the higher price, we can certainly go down that road.

Thanks

Ed

https://www.goodaero.com/
Race Designed Aerodynamics

https://racingtirewarmers.com/
Win more races with tire warmers

Great products for racers by racers

ed@demonspeed.com

Demon Speed Motorsports is a proud sponsor of PCA and the Club Racing Program

Old 08-02-2021, 04:48 PM
keez
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Having been in Product Management as a career for (too) many years and now an advisor of such, a few thoughts to ponder that hopefully do not come across as condescending to a successful businessman such as yourself:

You appear to have two choices on how to Package your new product. One (which you already suggested) is to create packages of discrete options for different use-cases....for example: "Amateur" and "Professional" models where Professional has all the bells and whistles for those who go racing and the Amateur is your basic cart for the occasional track-day enthusiast with a need for nitrogen. The upside of this choice is easier administration, simpler ordering, tracking, supply chain and stocking the various models. The downside is your customer base will have to choose one package which may not exactly meet their needs and thus either be paying for features they do not need or buying a product that meets only a portion of features they desire.

The other option is to go "a la carte" where you sell the basic model with various add-ons chosen by the customer at the time of purchase. On the plus side, your customer gets exactly what they need, but at the expense of increasing your cost of doing business. In this case, you'll have to decide what is included in the basic model and then everything else is an add-on.

Based on what I've read above, I would lean toward creating various packages/models. The question is how many and what features would these include. If you think you are going to offer a double bottle model, then that would have to be taken into consideration on which models you make available. For instance, the double bottle version could only come in the "Professional" model as it would be assumed that amateurs would not have the need for two nitrogen bottles.

And, you don't have to get it exactly right from the start...over time, as you gain further feedback from your market you can adjust your packaging (and pricing) accordingly.

Assuming you think Packages is the way to go, maybe your next step is to create your suggested single bottle models and what they include and gain feedback from this group to make sure you got it right?
The following 2 users liked this post by keez:
mikew968 (08-02-2021), zip465 (08-02-2021)
Old 08-05-2021, 08:55 AM
Jabs1542
Rennlist Member

Received 142 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Ed@Demonspeed
Interesting concept. For our cart it would have to be movable to be able to accommodate different bottle heights of the 80 or 125 cf bottles. I do not like that there is still an opportunity for the regulators to get clipped. This looks like it probably falls over a lot based on its footprint.

Also, one of the goals was to keep the price down as well. I am not sure that all these add ons are going to help accomplish this, but you guys tell me. If you want all the bells and whistles and are willing to pay the higher price, we can certainly go down that road.

Thanks

Ed
Look close and you can see that the top section telescopes to allow you to move the top up and down, that part is nice. Fitting the regulator within that space is another story. I carry your regulator IDemon Speed) and I’m guessing the protective ‘halo’ would have to be a different shape, or you may come up with some different fittings to make it more compact.
Old 08-06-2021, 03:50 PM
Ed@Demonspeed
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 163 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Jabs1542
Look close and you can see that the top section telescopes to allow you to move the top up and down, that part is nice. Fitting the regulator within that space is another story. I carry your regulator IDemon Speed) and I’m guessing the protective ‘halo’ would have to be a different shape, or you may come up with some different fittings to make it more compact.
Yes, I was looking at that too last night. Maybe the need for a 90 degree street fitting right out of the tank.

Quick Reply: Nitrogen Bottle Cart Prototype