Sponsored by:

Porsche Sprint Challenge

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2021, 06:00 PM
Viperbob1
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Porsche Sprint Challenge

After the first 2 events in the USAC/PMNA Challenge, just want to say it is great. If you have a Gen 1 or a Gen 2 991 Cup, it is a great next step from Club Racing. If you want a little more, but not at a huge cost, I would encourage you to try it. They have really tried to make it much more available to the average driver to afford. While IMSA is owned by NASCAR and is a for profit machine, USAC is actually a non-profit. Entry fees are higher than Club Racing, but not by a lot. Plus they have GREAT amenities, a VIP tent with great food, and really nice people. You just need to make sure your car is in spec as the tech inspection is something that is not even really done in club racing. We are doing the season with just a simple tow vehicle, and a 22' trailer. They don't look down on you because you are not with some big team with a Renegade or a tractor trailer and 20 person team. So I would urge some of you that are looking for something different to try it. We are having a lot of fun. It's also cool to win a Pro Race....

The following users liked this post:
uscarrera (04-21-2021)
Old 04-22-2021, 06:27 PM
Cadaver
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 47 Posts

I am contemplating this series as well. I’ve heard the hospitality and VIP amenities are very nice. I couldn’t find any updated information on whether Single entries would be provided these amenities or if it is for those who commit to the season. I’d like to try it out before committing. My thought was to run Road America and if I liked it sign up for the next season.
Old 04-22-2021, 08:03 PM
Red Bear
Rennlist Member

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

The season entries are allowed free fuel and racing suit so single entry includes the hospitality...all drivers seemed to be well seasoned.

PORSCHE at Barber
Old 04-24-2021, 12:29 PM
Viperbob1
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Cadaver
I am contemplating this series as well. I’ve heard the hospitality and VIP amenities are very nice. I couldn’t find any updated information on whether Single entries would be provided these amenities or if it is for those who commit to the season. I’d like to try it out before committing. My thought was to run Road America and if I liked it sign up for the next season.
You get a lot of the amenities as a part of your entry fee. Check out porschesprint.com It has a lot of that info. You can also contact Randy on there if you have any questions

Last edited by Viperbob1; 04-24-2021 at 12:30 PM.
Old 04-24-2021, 12:31 PM
Viperbob1
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Red Bear
The season entries are allowed free fuel and racing suit so single entry includes the hospitality...all drivers seemed to be well seasoned.
PORSCHE at Barber
Ha ha that is funny. You caught us having a few minutes rest...
Old 05-03-2021, 06:05 PM
Cadaver
Rennlist Member

Received 102 Likes on 47 Posts

What’s the word regarding the Canadian event? My understanding is pandemic restrictions have made it difficult for racers/teams on both sides of the border to participate. By that I mean difficult for Canadians to come to the US events and Americans to participate in Canadian events. Primarily do to quarantine and/or testing.

Last edited by Cadaver; 05-03-2021 at 06:23 PM.
Old 05-05-2021, 04:59 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

im running Carrera Cup NA and i see the Sprint Challenge set up as very impressive! Great tracks, hospitality and everything else one would expect! If i were in a 991, this is where i would want to be.

Quick Reply: Porsche Sprint Challenge